blackbettie

Another wedding thread...

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Here's another wedding topic where I'd love to get your opinion on: MUSIC!

What music did you play when the bride walked down the aisle - or what do you plan to play? Classic or modern? On what other points of the ceremony did you play music? Or didn't you have music at all?

AOS & EAD:

10/13/2006 - sent AOS and EAD documents

10/18/2006 - NOA1

11/02/2006 - biometrics appointment in Santa Ana

01/05/2007 - interview appointment in Santa Ana - APPROVED!!!

01/16/2007 - greencard in mail

01/22/2007 - EAD card in mail (well, thank you very much)

javatar1.jpgjavbw2.jpgjavbw4.jpgjavbw1.jpg

avbw1.jpgavbw3.jpgavbw2.jpgavbw4.jpg

Jonnie & Sandra

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

#######....more things I haven't thought through......dang

BTW - totally off point - you've got the best pictures....black and white looks really good. I want to get some black and white photos done for the wedding.

12/5/05 Sent I129F Petition to Nebraska via Express Mail

12/6/05 Packaged received at 10:38 am in Nebraska

12/9/05 Check cashed (Never been so happy to have money leave my account)

12/12/05 Receive NOA1 snail mail - 30-60 day processing estimate

01/04/06 Receive NOA2 via e-mail

1/20/06 NVC letter in mail...will ship within a week.

2/1/06 Packet 3 and 4 in the mail

3/15/06 Interview - neither approved nor declined need to send in Migratory Movement Certificate AP

3/20/06 Migratory Movement Certificate for myself and fiancee sent to US Embassy in Lima

3/23/06 Visa Approved

5/19/06 I leave for Peru to pick up mi amor

5/25/06 Lucia and I arrive in Chicago

7/01/06 Legal Marriage

9/09/06 Religious Wedding

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

For the wedding ceremony, I went classical -- with my hubby's consent and input.

When the moms, my maid of honour, flower girls and I walked in, I had "Cantique de Jean Racine" by Gabriel Faure playing. It's a choral and organ piece. Very beautiful. Before Jerry and I were married, I sang in a community choir and this piece was in one of our concerts. I fell in love with it, and had to have it played at our wedding. :)

For the recessional : The Four Seasons: Spring, III. Allegro: Pastoral Dance by Vivaldi.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

We'll have November Rain (Guns and Roses) playing. I'm still not sure if it'll be only instrumental or the real thing though!

BTW - totally off point - you've got the best pictures....black and white looks really good. I want to get some black and white photos done for the wedding.

I work with photography too and black & white are my favorites... I often turn my normal ones into black and white, I think it gives them a whole new meaning!

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Cassie, I LOVE the Four Seasons, that's a wonderful idea!

Thank you, merc. I couldn't help adding some more - so I get to look at my baby's face everytime I post. :blush: Totally do b&w pics for the wedding, they are automatically more classy and more flattering.

@MrsKnight: November Rain - awesome!!!! There was a wedding in the video too, wasn't there?

Edited by blackbettie

AOS & EAD:

10/13/2006 - sent AOS and EAD documents

10/18/2006 - NOA1

11/02/2006 - biometrics appointment in Santa Ana

01/05/2007 - interview appointment in Santa Ana - APPROVED!!!

01/16/2007 - greencard in mail

01/22/2007 - EAD card in mail (well, thank you very much)

javatar1.jpgjavbw2.jpgjavbw4.jpgjavbw1.jpg

avbw1.jpgavbw3.jpgavbw2.jpgavbw4.jpg

Jonnie & Sandra

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Actually it will be just instrumental because the lyrics are kinda sad! :star:

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I would love to have "Zadok the Priest" playing at some point, were I ever to have a proper ceremony.

I think Chris' parents would have gone with the Hallelujah Chorus :lol:

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

We had the Braveheart wedding theme tune for our aisle walk and then at the end of the ceremony we had Stereophonics 'have a nice day'! Thought it was abit tongue in cheek as americans always say have a nice day! lol

LONDON TO CALIFORNIA ....

K1

May 5th 05 - K1 petition sent to CSC

August 23rd 05 - Visa Approved!!!

AOS and EAD

December 5th 05 - AOS and EAD sent

December 16th 05 - NOA's received for both AOS and EAD

December 31st 05 - Receive letter for AOS interview

February 6th 06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED

February 16th 06 - Biometrics Appointment

February 22nd 06 - EAD Approved via e mail

February 27th 06 - EAD card in mail!!!

March 6th 06 - Got a job!

March 17th 06 - Green Card Approval via e mail

March 18th 06 - 'Welcome to America' letter arrives

March 24th 06 - Green Card Arrives!

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world.

For indeed, that's all who ever have."

Filed: Other Timeline

Ah, this is funny....our wedding music was very - um - different. Once we even joked about offering our 'compilation' on VJ for like $2 (price of a a burnt CD and postage) for those interested in a REALLY eclectic mix of tunes!

We got married in a hotel suite, so we compiled everything on a disc and my son hit the buttons on a boom box at the proper points.

I walked down the 'aisle' (actually I emerged from the bathroom - LOL) to "Londonderry Aire" ie Danny Boy - a beautiful version, no words, played on uilean pipes.

After the ceremony, the boombox blared out "The Best of Times" by Styx - but it was a version for marching bands! My son is big-time into his high school band and is going to be a music major in college. "Best of Times" was part of their field show last fall, and we thought it would be a cool 'recessional'.

The rest of the CD, played in the suite while everybody mingled, goes like this:

Here's a Health To the Company - Chieftains - an irish wedding accapella toast

At Last - Ella Fitzgerald

White Rabbit - a marching version of Jefferson Airplane tune - also the tattoo on my right shoulder

Coolin Medley - Cheiftains

Here Comes the Sun - Lennon

Celtic Wedding - Cheiftains

The Chain - Fleetwood Mac - our song cause it was on the radio all the time his first visit to me

Hey Baby - tubas only

White Rabbit - the Airplane version

Mack the Knife - Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis

I Can Dream About You - Dan Hartmann

Tusk - Fleetwood Mac with the Trojan Marching Band (USC)

Sleep Like a Child - Joss Stone

Weird, huh?

Ooo I love the Four Seasons as well, I'll have to look into that! I actually talked on the phone with the organist last night and we're gonna meet and discuss songs. I'm gonna go with classical I'm pretty sure (don't have any input from James yet, guess I better ask him! :)). I definitely want the wedding march played :)

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

We were married at the courthouse so didn't get any music....snif snif :D

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Country: Singapore
Timeline
Here's another wedding topic where I'd love to get your opinion on: MUSIC!

What music did you play when the bride walked down the aisle - or what do you plan to play? Classic or modern? On what other points of the ceremony did you play music? Or didn't you have music at all?

We used the following music at our wedding:

1. Processional - Watermark (Enya)

2. Recessional: Book Of Days (Enya)

3. After our private wedding party picture-taking was over, the gang trooped back to the reception area to light jazz. When it came to my husband and me, our DJ played the Imperial March (aka Darth Vader's theme). Up to that very moment, NOBODy except our DJ and us knew about it, so the laughs and claps we got as we walked in were great. :D

4. Our first dance: At Last (Etta James)

5. Dancing time after all the eating was done: a huge selection of pop and rock music from the 80s and 90s. We told our DJ he had free rein, but the only type of music he was not allowed to play was country. Hubby and I can't stand country music. :lol:

Edited by Ephesia

I didn't walk down the aisle so no music there. My hubby and I are both very into metal and we wanted the guests to hear some great bands from my home country at the wedding party...Apocalyptica and Nightwish were at the top of the list. Apocalyptica has some really beautiful songs, classical with cellos yet metal. Our wedding song (that we danced to) was Metallica's Nothing else matters... :)

3dflags_fin0001-0001a.gifSanna and Daniel's journey3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

December 13, 2007 - I-751 submitted to NSC (removing of conditions fun begins...)

December 22 - Received a rejection notice because the form was not "properly signed". Package itself was not returned.

January 1, 2008 - Received packet back from CSC. They are requesting we resubmit the packet (which is already organized by CSC) with a properly signed form.

January 2 - Packet resubmitted to California.

January 12 - NOA1 received (dated 01/07/2008)

January 19 - Biometrics appointment notice received (dated 01/15/2008)

February 1 - Biometrics

March 11 - Approved! Card production ordered (notified via e-mail).

March 20, 2008 - New card arrived in the mail :)

Done until 2018 :)

For more details including K1 and AOS journies check out "Our story" in my profile =)

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

played the traditonal walking down the aisle song for me to walk down to, but it was a stringed/violin version not the loud organ one.

at the end of the ceremony played a cute song by a rock group "The Juliana Theory", with words like "we're at the top of the world, you and I..." and also had other music playing before/after the ceremony as everyone entered then left afterwards...a compilation of Indian music, indie rock music, folk christian worship music...very ecclectic to show all our tastes.

at the reception we played mostly Indian music and it was very Indian themed...to make people feel like they walked into a portal into India. (For favors we had bangles for the women and indian cookies for the guys and also taught everyone part of an Indian stick dance.)

our first dance was "Stand by me", the oldie of course...and I also danced with my dad to the oldie "My Girl", he picked it. He's a sweet dad.

Edited by stina&suj

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord