Sept07

What are the chances if I am HIV+

132 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I am in the process of adjusting my status from student (F1 Visa) after marrying a US citizen.

My medical tests which are a requirement by USCIS resulted with a HIV+ status.

This is the most devastating thing in my life and am now very worried about my interview and the whole process..

Can anyone help me by advising me on what we should do??

I am afraid that the whole thing is messed up yet I have already lost my student status and on the route to the end of life....

Anyone with any kind of advise please share with me.

Will this lead to rejectection and if so, at what stage?

Is there anything we can do to ensure a smoothness?

Thanks in advance..

It will be denied.

You do not know this for sure and are wrong to presume this will be the outcome.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Mags, you're not an AUGUST FILER, maybe it's different then. ;)

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

zqt3344 can apparently see the future. I wish I had that ability!

Sept07, hang in there. It is nice to read this thread and see you keeping positive even when those like zqt3344 feel the need to input their negativity with no advice or anything else to offer.

Good luck :thumbs:

Our Timeline:

01/29/2007 NOA1!

02/26/2007 Became officially engaged in Rome:)

05/03/2007 NOA2!!!

07/20/2007 Visa Interview in London! Approved!!

10/04/2007 Small private wedding!

04/19/2008 Big fancy shmancy wedding!

AOS Timeline:

10/18/2007 Sent entire AOS, EAD, AP package to Chicago

10/19/2007 Package received in Chicago- signed for by V Bustamante

10/25/2007 NOA1 for AOS, EAD, and AP.

10/26/2007 Check cashed.

11/28/2007 Biometrics appointment in Denver.

12/17/2007 EAD card production ordered!

12/27/2007 EAD card arrives.

12/31/2007 AP approved.

01/07/2008 AP received.

02/01/2008 AOS interview in Denver. APPROVED!

02/11/2008 Green Card received in mail!

Done until July 09' !

<quote>Apology Accepted and thanks ...

I did not at ll take her response with any negativity,just wondered alittle bit.

Anyhow,that is just a small drop of a discouraging element...The good overpowers the bad..

Most of the members have been very supportive and morally uplifting.My spirits are high and I have also got the good information too.

Yes,if things do not work out in my favor,I will take it that it was never meant to be...and life goes on even if in a different/my hoe country ..

I still have high prospects of getting a good job and settling down...though this too will take time...Anyhow I will see how things work out but am hoping for approval and to remain here in the States..

Salaamat(Thanks in Tagalo...) am I right? </quote?

You're right! -- Walang anuman =)

Anyway, keep up the good faith and it will lead you to the right path.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I am in the process of adjusting my status from student (F1 Visa) after marrying a US citizen.

This is the most devastating thing in my life and am now very worried about my interview and the whole process..

I am afraid that the whole thing is messed up yet I have already lost my student status and on the route to the end of life....

Thanks in advance..

It will be denied.

You do not know this for sure and are wrong to presume this will be the outcome.

Nor do you, get realistic, then why have a medical exam for in first place, do you think the CDC in USA would be placing those medical exam requirements on filers for no reason.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks in advance..

It will be denied.

Nor do you, get realistic, then why have a medical exam for in first place, do you think the CDC in USA would be placing those medical exam requirements on filers for no reason.

That's why they have waivers. ;)

There's no guarantee that the OP will be issued a waiver, but there's no guarantee that it will be denied either. Your original post was presented as fact when it was merely your own opinion.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

I just wanted to add in....I went for my interview last Friday and was suprised by the humanity of my IO.

The reason I want to mention this to you Sept07 is because some folks on this site really do want to share their bitterness and let everyone know

that the system is all black and white...I found out first hand it isn't.These IO's are also real people and do understand situations...and people...

There are waivers in place and these mixed with good IO's will give you equal chances for AOS.

Don't focus on the negativity, it' is all some folks are interested in, especially if they can upset others with it.

In the end determination and faith can really overcome all. Hope you're doing well.

:)

Filed: Timeline

Im also keeping watch here to see if you post news about your 2nd medical test and comes out negative. I wouldnt want you to have your hopes up really high for a negative result, because you will have the biggest fall. I wish you the best. I do feel really bad for you, really. Im really very sorry. Like the others advise you to do, do the waiver and look into healthcare/medical insurance. I have found an AIDS Forum for you to help you thru these hard times...

http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic46832.html

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Spiritual/index.html

or... create your own forum...

http://www.iwannaforum.com/web/index.php

Im sure that you will get alot of stories and advise from many people who are going thru the same stuff as you are and also have been thru it all.

The best of luck to you,

~Keri

Edited by Sameh and Keri
442.gif

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Sept07:

I am with all of those here offering prayers to you. Yes, we are strangers to you, but that doesn't mean we can't show compassion or empathy for what you are encountering. We all have struggles in life, some life-changing and potentially devastating -- some trivial in comparison to what others suffer. It isn't the trials that define us, I believe, but rather how we respond to the trials. We have a choice to to accept blindly, give up, curse God/Fate/Whatever. Or we have a choice to say "ok, now what?" and to meet the challenges head on. It sounds like you are ready to do that. I can't begin to imagine what you are feeling, but having dealt with cancer and other serious illnesses in my life (family members, not me) I know that the process of accepting or even grieving is a long one. Your attitude about this is encouraging and it sounds like your husband is right there with you. For what it's worth, I am sending many prayers your way.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Sept07:

I am with all of those here offering prayers to you. Yes, we are strangers to you, but that doesn't mean we can't show compassion or empathy for what you are encountering. We all have struggles in life, some life-changing and potentially devastating -- some trivial in comparison to what others suffer. It isn't the trials that define us, I believe, but rather how we respond to the trials. We have a choice to to accept blindly, give up, curse God/Fate/Whatever. Or we have a choice to say "ok, now what?" and to meet the challenges head on. It sounds like you are ready to do that. I can't begin to imagine what you are feeling, but having dealt with cancer and other serious illnesses in my life (family members, not me) I know that the process of accepting or even grieving is a long one. Your attitude about this is encouraging and it sounds like your husband is right there with you. For what it's worth, I am sending many prayers your way.

Hi VJ members of good faith..

I have been away nursing my emotions amd making plans to face the challenges ahead..

Bad news is that the second test was still positive.. Devastating :crying: but as someon said in one of the posts ups and downs are part of life..this happens to be my obstacle which I have to handle..therefore much as am hit life goes on.I will not sit down and cry nor over a situation I can not reverse.

My resolution therefore is to gather ALL my emotional , physical and spiritual strength to face the bull by its horns.

Somehow there will be an answer...and all I have to do is my very best and see what next.

Best is that my hubby is negative..Thank God! and he is there for me whatsoever..What can be better at this moment in time.

I have taken my illness as any other long term but with hope of managing it and living a healthy life ..much as I can.

I refuse to be weighed down by the circumstance.Though praying that i succeed in my application, at least I know that things will work as God wants them to.

If HE planned that I shall live in America then a miracle is ahead and I shall get approved thru a waiver, if not then I shall be where HE wants me to be and I shall be OK with the outcome.

Thanks for the various threads which am finding a lot useful information as well as sharing very positive experiences ...

Thank you all for your PRAYERS and SUPPORT...I feel it.God Bless you.

Hi VJ members of good faith..

I have been away nursing my emotions amd making plans to face the challenges ahead..

Bad news is that the second test was still positive.. Devastating :crying: but as someone said in one of the posts, ups and downs are part of life and each has their share..this just happens to be my share which I have to handle whatsover..therefore much as am badly hit,it does not mark the end, life goes on.I will not sit down and cry nor mourn over a situation I can not reverse.

My resolution therefore,though tough, is to gather ALL my emotional , physical and spiritual strength to face the bull by its horns.

Somehow there will be an answer,approval or denial...and all I have to do is my very best and see what next.

Best is that my hubby is negative and supportive..Thanks be to God! and he is and has promised to be there for me whatsoever..What can be better at this moment in time.

I have taken my sickness as any other long term but with hope of managing it and living a healthy life ..much as I can.

I refuse to be weighed down by the current circumstances.Though praying that i succeed in my application, at least I know that things will work as God wants them to.I prayed and worked hard to come to America not knowing what lay ahead...He gave me a husband...He also knows where we shall be after this ..

If HE planned that I shall live in America then a miracle is ahead and I shall get approved thru a waiver, if not then I shall be where HE wants me to be and I shall be OK with the outcome. I am in touch with an attorney and I hope to get as much help...I hope to be back here posting approval...(will keep you posted)

Thanks for the various threads which am finding a lot useful information as well as sharing very positive experiences ...

Thank you all for your PRAYERS and SUPPORT...I feel it.God Bless you.

I love your outtake on life. I'm happy for your husband, some good news after all. Hope that everything goes well with your application. Good luck (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F)

Thanks Libyloba,

You are perfectly right! My husband is my greatest blessing and with him I hardly get to remember my predicament..May God Bless him abundantly..

My perception of life has changed greatly to positivity, taking and handling issues as they come,after all I have not the least power to control anything.

Good day.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks in advance..

It will be denied.

I hope YOU are denied for your bitterness and lack of consideration for someone who is already going through enough.

Edited by florida_guy07

0.14..MY%20TIMELINE.png

06/05/01 - Entered the U.S. on a B2 Visa with parents (17 years old at the time)

01/05/07 - Got married

04/04/07 - AOS package mailed :)

04/08/07 - On Easter Sunday - Package received DAY 1

04/17/07 - NOA1 Received. (Dated 04/13/2007) DAY 10

04/18/07 - Touched DAY 11

04/19/07 - Touched AGAIN DAY 12

04/20/07 - Biometrics appt notice received (05-02-07) DAY 13

04/27/07 - I-130 Touched DAY 20

05/02/07 - Biometrics (Took us 8 minutes - no kidding) DAY 25

05/03/07 - I-485 Touched DAY 26

05/17/07 - Interview letter arrived (07-17-07) DAY 41

07/17/07 - Interview - Everything went well but received an RFE DAY 102

08/28/07 - RFE sent - Took a long time to get what they needed DAY 144

08/29/07 - RFE received - DAY 145

10/04/07 - Email: Notice welcoming new resident mailed - DAY 180

10/05/07 - Touched - DAY 181

10/09/07 - Welcome Notice received. - DAY 185

10/10/07 - Card production ordered. - DAY 186

10/17/07 - Green card received !!!!!!!! - Day 193

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.