Sept07

What are the chances if I am HIV+

132 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I don't have any wonderful words of advice....sorry!! But I want you to know that I will pray that everything works out for you and your husband. Positive thoughts....

Hugs!

Am so very touched by the kind words of encouragement and your prayers too.

As the saying goes" Prayers can move Mountains" I have a feeling that with the many prayers from good people my mountain will be moved...

Thanks in a big way..

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Praying for news that the first test was an error!

If not, I shall keep you in my prayers for a good response to treatment (like someone already said: think Magic Johnson)....and some good news re: AOS.

I'm sorry I have no real advice for you AOS wise, but I just wanted to let you know that you're being sent wonderful thoughts and prayers.

We are in the same Prayer wavelength.THANK YOU...

Much gratitude for caring and your thoughts too.

Sept07...

My deepest sympathies to you in this trying time.

I'm thinking of you, even though I don't know who you are.

I can see just by your few posts that you are a strong individual.

Best of luck to you and your husband.

God Bless You.

~Laura

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

I'm so sorry to hear of this, yet it's sooo wonderful that your husband is determined to support you! That must make A LOT of difference.

I happened to be listening to an interview on the radio with a doctor who works at an HIV clinic on the way to work this morning. Unfortunately, I came to listen in the middle of a point she was making, but gathered that she has seen the power of belief and positive thought do amazing things for those infected.

Best wishes in this scary time.

And, puhleaze.......YES, you were most certainly rude and out of line for asking about how she was infected. How could you EVER think that was ANY of your business????

Life can be so unfair ...

I know that there are people out there Like the one asking HOW I GOT IT, who imagine that for someone to be infected ,they are promiscous or so...

This is a HUGE lesson for me( though it may be coming too late) because I have been very confident of my health ,hardly ever falls sick and will not at all sit down and begin counting my days to the grave..

I am in the process of strengthening myself to face this deadly scaring moment with a very postivie attitude.

My gratitudes to all the people in this forum who have taken a moment to Pray for my current situation.

Your words are playing a great role in building my focus and view of my future and times ahead.

The last three weeks have been so devastating,probably the worst in my life but I am learning to accept it each moment.

My lights were starting to dim but I am getting determined to a face a new phase of doing the best with a believe and hope to live for another 30+ years( God willing)..

Thanks..

Sorry to heard that.They will denied you. :( That is contagious disease. :unsure:How did you get your HIV+?

rude :bonk:

:blink:am I?

Yes. Completely out of order. It's none of your, or anyone else's, business how she came to be HIV+.

Geez.

I can't believe that someone would be so careless or rather insensitive asking this question, and asked if she is rude? THE ANSWER IS, YOU ARE NOT ONLY RUDE BUT THE MEANEST PERSON WHO POSTED YOUR POINT OF VIEW ON THIS THREAD. Looking at your profile shame on you that you are also from the PHILIPPINES. As if you are very sure that she will be denied, what are the immigration lawyers made for?

A simple advice to my kababayan, better take english lessons to correct your grammar. MEAN!!! :devil:

To the OP, sorry to hear about your situation don't lose hope I'm sure you looking to the light ahead and I admire you for being brave and positive. If they will deny you, it means there's a reason why it happened. But of course, it would be great if you will get an approval and you are here so take the chances.

Good Luck to you and I want to apologize for the RUDENESS on behalf of the nosy person. :angry:

Edited by Supladita

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to hear this.

You sound like a very strong person.

Praying for you and your husband (F)

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Sept07,

This is very important - did they do a Western blot, or was it just the first two ELISA tests that came back positive? If it's the latter, then don't worry just yet, and wait for your Western blot - that will determine if you really have HIV.

When I had my immigration medical, my first two serum ELISA tests were positive too. I was freaking out like there's no tomorrow, and although I knew I coudn't have contacted HIV anywhere, I was scared out of my wits, and the immigration wasn't even a concern. I was thinking how I would go back to my country and get treatment.

Now, per regulations in the US, if the first antibody test comes back positive, they repeat it. If the second one is positive too, they do a Western blot to determine if the antibodies found on the ELISA test are indeed HIV antibodies. Western blot takes about 10 business days. If you havn't done the confirmatory Western blot yet - please, don't panic. Although false positives are rare, I'm the living proof thay they can happen, and I'm 100% HIV negative.

Unless you have a reason to believe you can be positive and you already have had all three tests done - don't worry.

(F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F)

Nancy

Edited by Sid and Nancy

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I read this thread early this morning, and I couldn't stop thinking about it all day long. I will not give you sympathy as you are very much alive, and will continue to be so for a very long time - don't let anyone or anything change that! I will give you many prayers for patience, understanding, and goodness. Please do not throw in the towel, or let yourself fall victim to self-defeatist thoughts. As was illustrated above, mistakes are made, and all you can do is remain in a healthy frame of mind and be patient while you wait for news. Keep living your life. You and your family are in my prayers. Stay strong!

I-130 Filed - Sept. 15, 2006

129-F Filed - Oct. 27, 2006

I-130/129F Approved - Jan. 10, 2007

K3/K4 Visas Approved - May 4, 2007

~~~~Hubby and Son PoE Newark - May 27, 2007~~~~

EAD filed for Hubby - June 6, 2007

EAD NOA for Hubby - June 13, 2007

AoS filed for Hubby and Son - June 15, 2007

EAD for Hubby APPROVED! WOW!!!!!! - July 19, 2007

AoS Interview for Hubby and Son in Philadelphia - Friday, September 14, 2007 - APPROVED!

10 Year Green Cards Received!!!! - October 12, 2007

Done until naturalization!

m_7dc3c15c2e1d0eafb3d8770777862202.gif

Hi Sept07 glad to see you have a great attitude about this. That is so much of the battle! I know I already posted support to you, but I wanted to do it again.

I said a prayer for you today. Just wanted you to know that you will remain there in my prayers for you to have the strength to kick the azz off this HIV. We all know you can and will do it! Like Lal keeps pointing out, it's not the death sentence it used to be...nowhere near!

Btw everyone...concerning the 'rude' poster...I don't think English is that poster's first language, and it may have just come out wrong....let's not turn this thread into hatin on that poster, instead let's just show the love n support to Sept07.

Please keep us posted!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I said a prayer for you today. Just wanted you to know that you will remain there in my prayers for you to have the strength to kick the azz off this HIV. We all know you can and will do it! Like Lal Mags keeps pointing out, it's not the death sentence it used to be...nowhere near!

Btw everyone...concerning the 'rude' poster...I don't think English is that poster's first language, and it may have just come out wrong....let's not turn this thread into hatin on that poster, instead let's just show the love n support to Sept07.

Please keep us posted!

It's the green avatars that do it! :lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Every single person in life has hurdles that they must overcome. Some people are given much harder things to battle than others. If you are indeed positive, then it is a fact of life that you cannot change and if that is the case, then begin passing through the shock and pain of knowing that it has happened and try to start moving toward a better future... Toward happiness because you can be happy.

There are not a lot of people who understand HIV and there are so many people who are uneducated as well. The reality here is that you are not sick, you have a virus that can be contained and that can lay dormant in your system for years and years. You can live and you are living. You are the same person today that you were yesterday and the only difference is that you are tuned in with what is going on with your body.

Not many people even think to get tested or even pay attention to their health. There are many people in this world who carry diseases and spread them without ever knowing that they have it. You have a certain amount of power in knowing what is going on with your body and you know what? You have a caring and loving husband who is willing to fight this fight with you and remain by your side and support you and love you despite the trials of time... That is something that some people can never in their lifetime obtain.

You are still lucky and you still have life and you are okay and things are going to be okay. You may have to change your plans, but at the end of the day you are still going to find the path to happiness and you will still have the love of your life beside you and you will still be the wonderful person that you are despite what some dumb test says. You are going to succeed in this life and you can make it. When life throws something at you, stop and scream this...

“It that all you have for me!? It this it life!? Come on...Give me something harder!”

Sure, this is a battle, but it is just like any other battle in life. You can draw your sword and chop through this like you have done with every problem before this. Life is not always easy, but we have to take what is given to us and accept the fact that it is not always easy. You can do anything... It is up to you to choose what to do with the time in this world that is given to you, just as it is for all of us.

You have gone through immigration and you have battled many trials as it is. Throw this on top of the pile of things to get through and begin getting through them because there is no other road to take.

You are going to come across ignorant people in your time and they are not going to understand because they are uneducated or narrow minded. You are going to run into people who may not accept you, but that is the same in all factors of life. I can walk into a room of people and not be accepted or liked just as any other person.

Just because not all humans are smart, does not mean that it should affect your quality of life. You are alive and well and you are loved and some people in this world cannot say that for themselves. You are going to make it because you can make it. You are strong and now you just happen to know a little bit more about yourself. Good luck in your journey of life and happiness and remember that there are people out there who do know and who do understand and who will love you and support you through everything.

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Eligibility to file a waivers for HIV+ aliens (those deemed inadmissble under INA 212(a)(1)(A)(1)) is possible under very limited circumstances

One condition is that you are the spouse of a USC

I hope that I could qualify for the slim chance...

He is a USC, very supportive and wants to be, till the end..

He does qualify to file for a waiver. The question is whether the waiver would be approved. Check out the link here:http://www.immigrationequality.org/template.php?pageid=177

From what it says, you'll need to show that you're not a public health risk (you know how HIV is spread and how to be safe), and that you and your spouse have the means to pay for treatment so you won't end up a public charge. It isn't an easy road, but it is there.

First things first: get the test confirmed.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

:thumbs: AILA. net , I think! You can try .org, .com, anyway you can google AILA.

Hope you've been picking up my good vibrations!!!

And thanks for trusting in us here at VJ, I am equally gratefull to be allowed into your story!

:thumbs: AILA. net , I think! You can try .org, .com, anyway you can google AILA.

Hope you've been picking up my good vibrations!!!

And thanks for trusting in us here at VJ, I am equally gratefull to be allowed into your story!

Thanks for the link,I did find it and am sure the details will be very helpful.

I have found alot encouraging words and resources from members here.

In one way or another there should be a way out ....whichever direction it takes.

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.