flattop

i-751 -I am way outside the 90 day time period-Am i screwed?Help.

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Just file as soon as you possibly can and don't worry too much about it... you could tie yourself in knots panicking over it and what's the worst that happens? They could possibly deny (but I don't see why they would if you give them a reasonable explanation for not filing when you were supposed to) and you have to start over and file for AOS again. There is absolutely no reason to need a lawyer if you didn't before.

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck. A friend of my wife basically scolded me for letting her greencard expire in March. It really expires Oct 3 (10/3) but she read it as March 10 (10/3-foreign date format). I explained.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Send it out as soon as possible, hopefully they will get it before October 1st. That way your date explanation will make more sense, if they get it after the October 1st the explanation will carry less weight as you are still filing past that oct 1st date you mentioned. Always be honest and send it right away

Gone but not Forgotten!

If you can send the forms in prior to Oct. 1, then they are not late. Even if you send in a smallish package and later get an RFE, it's better to get it in on time.

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

You should do something quickly and not let this sit.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey Guys,

Im getting really worried here..

My package was received on 09/29/07 by TSC,but the check still hasnt been cashed ,as of today 10/19/07..

Is this normal for TSC?

On a positive note ,I just found out that my wife is pregnant.We're stoked.

Its a pity I didnt have that info when I submitted my 1-751 though...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
Hey Guys,

My package was received on 09/29/07 by TSC,but the check still hasnt been cashed ,as of today 10/19/07..

Is this normal for TSC?

Congratulations to the parents-to-be!

As for the NOA1/check cashing: looking at the forum it appears that it can take anywhere from 1-2 months for the check to cash and NOA1 to arrive. I think some of the added wait time for recent TSC filers is that the file has to be processed through TSC mail room, transfer to CSC (there probably gets to another mailroom)..... So nothing to worry about at this moment.

animal-smiley-085.gif

Mar 06, 2007: mailed I751!

Mar 09, 2007: I751 arrived at TSC

Mar 13, 2007: checks cleared bank

Mar 24, 2007: biometrics receipt dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: NOA1 dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: biometrics letter dated Mar 22

Apr 06, 2007: biometrics appointment

(Oct 09, 2007: called USCIS: service request sent to TSC)

Jan 31, 2008: case transferred to VSC (last touch date changed from 04/07/07 to 02/01/08)

Feb 01, 2008: touch

Feb 04, 2008: touch

(Feb 05, 2008: infopass appointment)

Feb 07, 2008: transfer notice dated Feb 01, 08

Feb 13, 2008: touch (Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.)

Feb 25, 2008: touch

Apr 11, 2008: approval email! (only took 1 year, 34 days!)

Apr 13, 2008: 2 more approval emails

Apr 16, 2008: email notice: "Approval notice sent"

Apr 18, 2008: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!! card received!

tumbleweed-1.gif

04/22/2010 N400 mailed

05/05/2010 check cashed

05/07/2010 NOA1 dated 05/04/2010

Timeline
Hey Guys,

Is this normal for TSC?

As for the NOA1/check cashing: looking at the forum it appears that it can take anywhere from 1-2 months for the check to cash and NOA1 to arrive. I think some of the added wait time for recent TSC filers is that the file has to be processed through TSC mail room, transfer to CSC (there probably gets to another mailroom)..... So nothing to worry about at this moment.

Ok, Phew! I'll relax a bit for now...

Thanks Tweety for the quick reply..

Hey Guys,

Is this normal for TSC?

keep us posted!

Feb 2005 - APPROVED for K1 Visa

June - 2005 - Moved to the USA =)

Apr - 2006 - APPROVED AOS Without Interview!!

Feb - 2008 - REMOVAL of conditions!!!!!

02/20/2008 - Package was sent to TSC.

02/25/2008 - Package confirmed received at TSC.

Disclaimer: Hey, YOU! I AM NOT A LAWYER, Everything I say is my opinion based on MY EXPERIENCE.

Timeline
Hey Guys,

Is this normal for TSC?

keep us posted!

I sure will.

Quick question:

Is there a "glossary of terms and abbreviations" anywhere on this site.?

If there is I cant find it.

Im guessing:

NOA1= "Notice of action 1 " right?

And I assume CSC is "California Service Center"..

So are all the Texas files getting transferred to California lately?

Timeline

Good News ...

Check cashed by USCIS on 10/25/2007

1-797 Notice of Action -Received 10/26/2007

I got the 1 year extension !! :dance: :dance:

My file was transferred to California Service Center.

They seem to be on the ball,as this all

happened much faster than I expected.

Thanks for all your help visajourney.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.