shawndoc

More stupid questions filling out K1 application

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi everyone. I've got a few more stupid questions about filling out my I129F and g325a.

My fiance doesn't have a middle name. Do I leave the middle name fields blank, or type in none?

Also, for question 18 on the I129F. How much detail do I need to go into? Is this good enough:

"I first met her on vacation in Thailand through one of my friends who went to school in the USA. Since then I have visited her in Thailand several times. The last time I visited her was March 2007."

Or do I need to detail every time I've met with her when visiting Thailand over the last 5 years?

Also, anyone out there willing to review my application before I send it in?

Any help and advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

For question 18 I'd include dates (and places if outside of Thailand) - but leave out the lovey dovey stuff...

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: Timeline

I don't have a middle name, either, so I entered "N/A" in that field.... just in case they thought "NONE" was my middle name. :blink: (Just as a helpful hint.... the guide says not to leave the fields blank. When deciding whether to use "N/A" or "None" just ask yourself how you would read it if you were the clerk and knew nothing about this person who you're processing the application for.)

Your statement for Q18 looks fine. Just add the initial meeting date.

Congratulations!

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I don't have a middle name, either, so I entered "N/A" in that field.... just in case they thought "NONE" was my middle name. :blink: (Just as a helpful hint.... the guide says not to leave the fields blank. When deciding whether to use "N/A" or "None" just ask yourself how you would read it if you were the clerk and knew nothing about this person who you're processing the application for.)

Your statement for Q18 looks fine. Just add the initial meeting date.

Congratulations!

I too prefer N/A or simple horizontal line to "none" for the case of no middle name. You could also type (no middle name).

I have a different recommendation for choosing between N/A and none though. If the question is "applicable" but the answer is "none", us none. Never use N/A when the question is applicable.

For instance when asked to list the names of your fiance(e) or spouse's children or former spouses, never put N/A. The questions are definitely applicable. In places where the form might ask a yes or no question then say "If yes, why?" etc. if the first answer is "no" then the second question is N/A.

The initial meeting date is a good idea but not required, as long as you've specified a date in the last two years and you've included evidence that matches that date.

You are filing an I-129 petition, not a K1 application. If or when your petition is approved, your fiancee will be allowed to submit a visa application to a US Consulate abroad.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

If you don't have a middle name you should put "none". Try not to leave any of the fields blank.

For Q18, you might want to put more information. Maybe list all the times you have met. You can attach a separate piece of paper. I can't help but think that you should err on the side of giving them more information rather than less. There are sample forms filled out on this site. You can use them as an example.

Good Luck!

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Actually if you have nothing to put in a space it clearly states you put N/A, if you have no middle name then you put N/A

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

my fiance does not have a middle name and we left that field blank on all documents with no trouble. they are probably quite used to seeing that in thailand as it is rare to have a middle name.

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I see the "N/A vs NONE" debate pop up quite a bit around here. Just wondering: Has anyone ever received an RFE for putting N/A where they should have put NONE, or vice versa? Just wondering if people are sweating this just a wee bit too much.

I think people are generally sweating this just bit too much. However, it is always best to do your best and be as accurate as possible. There are plenty of instances of Green Cards and EAD's being issued and name checks done on people with names like John None Doe and Jane None Doe, that end up delaying reunions.

Remember, "None" is a name in some languages. It's is pronounced Nawnee or Nawnay or even Known.

Neither N/A or --- are names in any language. Better safe than sorry.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Don't put "none" They just might think that IS her middle name. Write "not applicable" or "N/A" for the other question, I wrote a simple page long story of how we met, how long we've known each other, a brief description of our meetings, my trips to see her and how we came to the conclusion we wanted to marry.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I put "NMN" (no middle name) on my application. There hasn't been any problem yet.

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I put "NMN" (no middle name) on my application. There hasn't been any problem yet.

That's what we (military forks) put when we filled out the government forms.

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I thought NMN was for "No Medics Necessary" :unsure:

Timeline:

02/20/2005 - Met first time in Bangkok, Thailand

01/19/2006 - "Unofficial" Wedding Ceremony in Surin, Thailand

03/19/2007 - Filed K-1 Visa petition at Vermont Service Center

08/30/2007 - Received K-1 Visa from US Embassy Bangkok

10/05/2007 - Arrived POE at Washington DC

10/09/2007 - "Official" Wedding Ceremony in Rockville, Maryland

10/23/2007 - Apply for SSN

10/25/2007 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP petitions to Chicago Lockbox

10/29/2007 - Received SSN

11/02/2007 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

11/27/2007 - AOS/EAD Biometrics - USCIS Glenmont, Maryland

12/19/2007 - AOS transfered to CSC

12/27/2007 - EAD/AP approved

01/03/2008 - Received AP Documents

01/05/2008 - Received EAD Card

Perpetual fluctuation is the essence of the perceptual universe

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
Hi everyone. I've got a few more stupid questions about filling out my I129F and g325a.

My fiance doesn't have a middle name. Do I leave the middle name fields blank, or type in none?

Also, for question 18 on the I129F. How much detail do I need to go into? Is this good enough:

"I first met her on vacation in Thailand through one of my friends who went to school in the USA. Since then I have visited her in Thailand several times. The last time I visited her was March 2007."

Or do I need to detail every time I've met with her when visiting Thailand over the last 5 years?

Also, anyone out there willing to review my application before I send it in?

Any help and advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Do not put "none" - the goverment might think that her middle name is "None" :)

Put N/A.

About the section 18 - as far as I think, this oneliner is bit too short - I had put a 1 and half page story :) - we had 2 times and I had provided

all travel dates, name of the cities we met in, even some addresses of the places we stayed in etc. all factual information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.