teachmehistory

Calling the CSC and Wedding talk!!!!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Hey VJers!

sorry if this is has been covered. So, this is premature as I am not at a place yet where I would have a reason to call (only 66 days from NOA1), and unfortunately the timeline I had in my head (90 days to NOA2) when I first applied is probably just a fantasy now, but I want to be prepared to take next steps - as it gives the delusion of moving forward!!! I am wondering, can you call the CSC if it gets to be well over 90 days and see where you are? is there anyone you can actually talk to and what number do you call? Does is cost money to call? I have read some posts where people said that they called, so I am just wondering if there is any action I can take if I dont hear or receive NOA2 in an appropriate amount of time.

When we began this process we thought giving 7 months to our wedding date would be totally fine and now I am really stressed. My soon to be in-laws are chomping at the bit to by plane tix for the wedding as are some other friends and family , and as many of you I'm sure know its hard to reserve all the vendors, location, etc that go into a wedding without a a firm date. We are planning a Feb 16th 08 wedding, which would be 7 months and 3 days from NOA1. what is everyone else doing about this? its so hard if you want to have a proper/formal wedding to actually plan anything, within 90 days, around work schedules, holidays, etc. just thought I would put it out there as I am this crazy combination of super excited and really stressed out. so please vjers, lets talk wedding! how is everyone out there going about it? and feel free to share wedding details!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

You cant call the direct CSC but you can call the USCIS here is the number for that: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

I would not call yet though if I where you,it is way too early still.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

To relieve the stress and not put any undo pressure on me, I played it by ear and flew by the seat of my pants. We waited until Andre had his visa in hand and then planned from there by buying the plane tickets and then planning the actual wedding.

I've seen it work for some on here to pre-plan and others, I have seen fail miserably because of their timelines.

I wish you luck in whatever way you end up going. I hope it all works out.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We plan on having the visa January time...6-7 months, not too unrealistic i dont think even with all the backlogs. To reduce the added stress of having a wedding date riding on the progress of a visa processing we are going to have a small civil ceremony right away to do it legally then next summer we will have the proper wedding which has all been booked and sorted (just about!) I figure even if the visa is delayed rediculously then we will still defo have it by june 2008 as that will be 11months. right now all i care about is getting my noa2 though, not really thinking about much else in all honesty

June 20th 2007.....I-129f Sent to CSC!

July 7th 2007....NOA1

November 8th....NOA2

December 8th.....Packet 3 Received (Sent back 10th)

January 8th.....Packet 4 Received

January 16th.....Interview in London

January 20th....Flight to AZ via JFK, received temp EAD

February 29th...Civil Ceremony

March 10th...I485, I765 & I131 sent to Chicago

March 22nd....Received NOA for I485, I131 & I765 (All dated March 18th)

March 24th....Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (dated March 20th)

April 7th...Request for Initial Evidence for I485 (Received in MO on the 10th)

April 9th....Biometrics Appointment

May 30th...EAD Card Production Ordered and AP Approved

June 7th....Wedding!!

June 13th...EAD Card & AP in hand

September 22nd...AOS Interview - APPROVED!

Nov 21st...Card Production Ordered!

Nov 22nd...Welcome to America Letter Received

Nov 29th 2008...Green Card Received!!!

Aug 20th 2010...Mailed I-751 to CSC

Aug 23rd...Check Cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

well for us it is a little bite easier since we are going to be married in our little town in us. so we know the place we want and we are pretty sure that their will be some Saturday free in the 90 days, finding a musical band there is easy so no trouble we already have both all the wedding clothes. In fact we have buy a lot of little things so that is not going to be in our way when we will be "rushing" a little bite. So we choose non-real flowers and we have them already, we talk to the pastor and we are going to do the pre-wedding lesson in December when I'll visit Cyril, and we have already friends that are ready to prepare our cold buffet....

You are right it is stressful, but in comparison to have my K1 in hand well it deserve 100 to have some stressful time.

Hope you will find a solution and that you will be soon with your love one

September 2006 : first meeting in US for a month ,after on year of communication

April 2007 :Second meeting in Us for a month

June 2007: we engaged our lawyers

17 July 2007 : I-129F send to USCIS California center

22 July 2007 : [1st NOA

16 September 2007 : Half of the waiting time done 60 days

09/22/2007 : day 66 what a long time still to wait........

11/29/2007 : NOA2 YEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

03 January 2008 : Package 3 fromthe embassy

17 January 2008 : Medical examination

03 Febuary 2008 / Package 4

17 MARCH INTERVIEW

25 MARCH APPROVED GOT MY K1

05/17/2007: we hope this will be our wedding day.......

dreams are made to come true, Cyril & I are made to be together

.png

We plan on having the visa January time...6-7 months, not too unrealistic i dont think even with all the backlogs. To reduce the added stress of having a wedding date riding on the progress of a visa processing we are going to have a small civil ceremony right away to do it legally then next summer we will have the proper wedding which has all been booked and sorted (just about!) I figure even if the visa is delayed rediculously then we will still defo have it by june 2008 as that will be 11months. right now all i care about is getting my noa2 though, not really thinking about much else in all honesty

I would add at least a couple of months onto your estimate if you must plan a wedding to avoid some stress for you. There are no guarantees about the visa process and you can hit obstacles at almost any stage. We filed at the end of April and if I manage to get to the US in December I will be please. At this point I have only received the NOA2 and have no idea at what point I will receive package 3 but looking at other people's timelines I am expecting it around the second week of October. The embassy could take another 2 months to arrange an interview. Problems can occur at USCIS, NVC and the Embassy so if you must plan a date then build some slack into your timings.

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

Do not set anything for the wedding that you have to pay for. You do not know how long this process will take, and it will just add to your stress if you have to worry about your guests buying plane tickets.

Once you have the visa, you have six months to use it, and once you use it, you have 90 days to get married. There is no requirement that the big wedding party be on the same day as the civil ceremony, so you could conceivably get your visa in January, move here, have a civil ceremony, and then spend six months planning the wedding reception and/or the religious ceremony.

C. got his visa in February, and we started the wedding planning in March. He crossed in May, we married in July.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I wouldn't plan anything right now. I filed in May, before the "crush" of last minute filers and I am 122 days waiting for NOA-2. When I filed, the waiting time was 90 days. Post a timeline so people can see that progress and dates you filed for better answers to your questions. If you filed July or later, I am guessing 6 months before your papers are even looked at. Calling USCIS does not good what-so-ever. I called on my 120 days and they refered me to the waiting times on the website. Calling does no good.

Bundy

05/11/2007: I-129F petition received Texas Service Center (11:09 am)

05/14/2007: Received Date on NOA-1 (petition sent to CSC)

05/24/2007: Recevied NOA1 via Snail Mail

10/05/2007: TOUCHED---FINALLY

10/09/2007: RFE notice received via email

10/10/2007: Touch, Touch again 10/17 due to phone call

10/18/2007: Received RFE Hard Copy via snail mail

10/19/2007: Touch

10/20/2007: Resent RFE information to CSC

10/22/2007: RFE info received CSC (6:29 am-signed for by V. Semegi)

10/22/2007: Touch. Touched again 10/30, 10/31, 11/01, 11/02

11/02/2007: NOA-2 APPROVED-USCIS Website

11/08/2007: Received NOA-2 via snail mail

11/19/2007: NVC Receives petition

11/21/2007: NVC forwards petition to consulate in Bogota, Colombia

11/26/2007: Petition received by consulate in Bogota

12/04/2007: Received packet 3

12/05/2007: Interview Date issued - January 16, 2008

01/16/2008: Visa Approved

04/21/2008: Wedding Day

05/02/2008: K1 Visa Expires

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I wouldn't plan anything right now. I filed in May, before the "crush" of last minute filers and I am 122 days waiting for NOA-2. When I filed, the waiting time was 90 days. Post a timeline so people can see that progress and dates you filed for better answers to your questions. If you filed July or later, I am guessing 6 months before your papers are even looked at. Calling USCIS does not good what-so-ever. I called on my 120 days and they refered me to the waiting times on the website. Calling does no good.

Bundy

Maybe before the "crush" of the last minute filers but you filed right in the middle of the "crush" of H-1 applications... A truly 'no-win" situation no matter what you do lately....

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hey VJers!

We are planning a Feb 16th 08 wedding, which would be 7 months and 3 days from NOA1. what is everyone else doing about this?

We were planning on a March 12th wedding. I don think thats going to happen now. we will be lucky to get NOA2 in Dec or even Jan. There is one poster on here that filed in july with concrete wedding plans. She has already decided to cancel the K1 and go K3 if they dont have approval by then. I think most on here arent booking anything until they have an interview date. You should read the july filers thread. from about page 63- 64 is alot of discussion on booking feb weddings.

feb wedding posts

and that topic was from a month ago, we are now sitting worse in NOA2 approval backlog.

what will you do if you book Feb 16th and a week before still dont have your visa? will you cancel the wedding or cancel the K1?

I personally wouldnt book anything until summer if i had to pick a date and put down money.

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Bundy

Maybe before the "crush" of the last minute filers but you filed right in the middle of the "crush" of H-1 applications... A truly 'no-win" situation no matter what you do lately....

Thanks for the info. I always assumed that H-1's are always being filed, due to the H-1 being a high, sought after visa. Why would May be a high volume month for H-1's?

Bundy

05/11/2007: I-129F petition received Texas Service Center (11:09 am)

05/14/2007: Received Date on NOA-1 (petition sent to CSC)

05/24/2007: Recevied NOA1 via Snail Mail

10/05/2007: TOUCHED---FINALLY

10/09/2007: RFE notice received via email

10/10/2007: Touch, Touch again 10/17 due to phone call

10/18/2007: Received RFE Hard Copy via snail mail

10/19/2007: Touch

10/20/2007: Resent RFE information to CSC

10/22/2007: RFE info received CSC (6:29 am-signed for by V. Semegi)

10/22/2007: Touch. Touched again 10/30, 10/31, 11/01, 11/02

11/02/2007: NOA-2 APPROVED-USCIS Website

11/08/2007: Received NOA-2 via snail mail

11/19/2007: NVC Receives petition

11/21/2007: NVC forwards petition to consulate in Bogota, Colombia

11/26/2007: Petition received by consulate in Bogota

12/04/2007: Received packet 3

12/05/2007: Interview Date issued - January 16, 2008

01/16/2008: Visa Approved

04/21/2008: Wedding Day

05/02/2008: K1 Visa Expires

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I am planning on my wedding on March 10th. We won't have a ceremoney. Just marry and in June of 2008, we might have a huge ceremony. I have no idea how long it will take to have K1 visa, but I need to be patient. I really hate my job and have a real career, but I cannot look for a new job now. Less than 6 months, so let's keep a hope.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.