34 posts in this topic

I a memeber of this forum, and i have posted here once. Here is my new story. On the 10th of this month was our second year aniversary of our marriage. Though i receive no present, but i am not worried about that. I am still a student, and i have a fifteen month old baby with my husband, i dont work, but i go to school in the evening. I have been going through emotional abuise from him. He insult me, a lot. He called me stupid, retarted, i have no brain, i am senceless, i mean he called me whatever comes out of his mouth. And when ever he is insulting me, i have never for once talk back at him. Otherwise i will go straight to the bathroom and cried, once i am done, i will wiped my eyes and come out, pretending nothing happen.

He has taken his house key and mailbox key from me for the past three months. I dont go anywhere, i stay indoor 24 hours unless i go to school. I have no access to nothing in the house. I am the only one taking care of our daughter, he only watch her for just three hours when i am in school. And he doestn feed her, while i am in school, so whenever i got back from school, i will feed my baby. He once told me that, i am the one who want to have a baby so i should take care and watch her. Though he bought her food, daiper, colths, and toys. But he doesnt like to watch her. Even when i am sick, i have to take care of her.

Right now, i am at the hedge of moving out. He left me standing at school on wednesday, when he knew that i have no ride home, since i dont have a car. He did that, because he said that, i supposed to leave the class room by 9.20pm. And the same thing happen today, he could have left me, but i caught up with him. Now he said i wont be going to school anymore, because he cant keep baby siting for me. And he was asking me to call my sister in Nigeria, to ask her if she has a room, because he will be sending me back to Nigeria. But i told him that i am not going back to Nigeria, because i have my baby to take care of. So he was asking me where will i stay, because he doesnt want me to stay with him.

Now i really want to know what chance do i have when i will be lifting the condition on my greencard. My greencard will expire by december of 2008.

And this is the evidence that i have

My name is on his house insurance

Medical insurance

Dental insurance

My daughter's birht certificate

Picture of me and my baby we took with his family, just one

I am the beneficiary on his life insurance

Joint taxreturn of 2005 and 2006

Card from his brother thanking us for the present we gave to them during there weding

Card from our neighbour thanking us for the present we gave to them during the birth of there daughter

And now i dont know if i am pregnant.

Please i really need advice on what to do, because i have no relation or any one in the states. I live in Fair oaks CA in Sacramento county.

Please help me.

LIFTING OF CONDITION

12/19/2007 Mailed out I-751

12/29/2007 Received extension letter

01/15/2008 NOA/Biometric appointment

01/25/2008 Biometric taken

01/27/2008 Touched (Now waiting)

05/14/2008 Green Card approved (Card production ordered)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Im very sorry to hear about your situation. Your question is something that you will have no control over until 2008(Dec). What you should be thinking about is what your going to do in your current situation.

Where will you stay? What will you do for money? Do you want to stay married to him?

I wouldnt trust this man with my child. You may need the advice of a Divorce and Immigration lawyer. Right now you are in an abusive relationship that is NOT healthy for you or your baby.

I wish you all the best.

January 16, 2013 - I-129F Petition Sent USPS
January 22, 2013 - Petition Delivery Confirmed
January 25, 2013 - NOA1 Email and Text Confirmation
January 30, 2013 - "Touched" Alien Number Generated
January 31, 2013 - NOA1 Letter Received via "snail mail"
June 21, 2013 - Transferred from Vermont

July 6, 2013 - Actual Approval but error did not generate our NOA2

July 17, 2013 - Service Request via USCIS (6 months)

July 22, 2013 - Approval affirmed via USCIS.gov new NOA2 generated

August 2013 - NVC Case # Generated

August 28, 2013 - Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

September 2013 - Medical Complete

October 22, 2013 - Packet returned complete to Embassy via DHL

February 2014 - Interview letter received

March 24, 2014- Interview - EGYPT

April 4 & 7, 2014 - Case Touched Twice - Requested Expedite due to Beneficiary's Mothers Passing (4/1/14)

April 7, 2014 - Passport sent to Embassy via DHL

April 14, 2014 - VISA Received

April 18, 2014 - Flight to USA

July 11, 2014 - MARRIED!!!!

August ,2015 - AOS finally filed ;-)

August ,2015 - RFE

September 2015 - Returned RFE information

November ,2015 - EAD Approved

November ,2015 - EAD Received

December ,2015- AOS Approved

December ,2015- 2 year Green Card Received

November 13, 2016 my little brother passed away :-(

December ,2017 Lift conditions InshaAllah

I am very sorry for your situation. I think he is abusing you and recommend you contact the authories. This isn't good for you and certainly can't be good for your child. You could contact the social services agency, because of the child they can take action quickly.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

if you are undergoing an abuse,..,, of any kind.. emotionally or physically, u should contact the authorities and professionals and have this documented to serve as a proof.... in our seminar (with foreign spouse) you need to document everything for a chance of filing adjustment for yourself.. and you should be financially stable... so you need to prove that you can take care of urself financially...

im sorry to hear your condition.... hope you get over this soon...

"do what it takes..." by A&G

para sa karagdagang larawan at mga detalye ng aming paglalakbay...

My IMMIGRATION, POE, CFO and INTERVIEW Experience

when love is real,

it defies all reasons...

when love is true,

it ignores all pains...

when love is great,

it waits, it persists, and lingers forever...

K3 VISA

California Service Center - Texas Service Center - Manila US Embassy

August 2007 - filed I130

September 2007 - filed I129F

April 24, 2008 - interview and VISA APPROVED!

May 02, 2008 - visa in hand, had the CFO stamping done at once, bought ticket online...

May 03, 2008 - flew to US to be with stinky love...

July 22, 2008 - Sent AOS Package to CHICAGO Lockbox

July 24, 2008 - received package

July 29, 2008 - NOA for AOS and EAD

Aug 01, 2008 - Touched....

Oct 01, 2008 - Received EAD

still waiting on AOS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i believe he can take your name off the insurances etc just as fast as he put them on...

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Please seek help - you can call the National Domestic Abuse Hotline at 1-800-799-7233. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - so call when you are safe and he is not there.

They will find any resources available to you in your local area. They have experience with immigrants who are abused, too.

The system is there to help - you just need to reach out to them.

Please be safe.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
I a memeber of this forum, and i have posted here once. Here is my new story. On the 10th of this month was our second year aniversary of our marriage. Though i receive no present, but i am not worried about that. I am still a student, and i have a fifteen month old baby with my husband, i dont work, but i go to school in the evening. I have been going through emotional abuise from him. He insult me, a lot. He called me stupid, retarted, i have no brain, i am senceless, i mean he called me whatever comes out of his mouth. And when ever he is insulting me, i have never for once talk back at him. Otherwise i will go straight to the bathroom and cried, once i am done, i will wiped my eyes and come out, pretending nothing happen.

He has taken his house key and mailbox key from me for the past three months. I dont go anywhere, i stay indoor 24 hours unless i go to school. I have no access to nothing in the house. I am the only one taking care of our daughter, he only watch her for just three hours when i am in school. And he doestn feed her, while i am in school, so whenever i got back from school, i will feed my baby. He once told me that, i am the one who want to have a baby so i should take care and watch her. Though he bought her food, daiper, colths, and toys. But he doesnt like to watch her. Even when i am sick, i have to take care of her.

Right now, i am at the hedge of moving out. He left me standing at school on wednesday, when he knew that i have no ride home, since i dont have a car. He did that, because he said that, i supposed to leave the class room by 9.20pm. And the same thing happen today, he could have left me, but i caught up with him. Now he said i wont be going to school anymore, because he cant keep baby siting for me. And he was asking me to call my sister in Nigeria, to ask her if she has a room, because he will be sending me back to Nigeria. But i told him that i am not going back to Nigeria, because i have my baby to take care of. So he was asking me where will i stay, because he doesnt want me to stay with him.

Now i really want to know what chance do i have when i will be lifting the condition on my greencard. My greencard will expire by december of 2008.

And this is the evidence that i have

My name is on his house insurance

Medical insurance

Dental insurance

My daughter's birht certificate

Picture of me and my baby we took with his family, just one

I am the beneficiary on his life insurance

Joint taxreturn of 2005 and 2006

Card from his brother thanking us for the present we gave to them during there weding

Card from our neighbour thanking us for the present we gave to them during the birth of there daughter

And now i dont know if i am pregnant.

Please i really need advice on what to do, because i have no relation or any one in the states. I live in Fair oaks CA in Sacramento county.

Please help me.

Sorry to hear about your situation. You should contact womens shelters in your area in order to get out of that situation as quickly as possible. For yours and your babies sake seek help fast. Get yourself to a doctor also to determine whether you are pregnant again or not, as you mentioned this in your post.

Once you are safe you can then think about the removal of conditions. The evidence that you have looks good, but I think you may need more. Joint bank statements for instance. Have a look at the guides here on VJ for this part of the process. Good luck, and stay safe.

[color=#800080]AOS

Lawyer sent Aos package 07-27-2007

Medical 08-01-2007

Check cashed -08-23-2007

NOA - 08-27-2007

Biometrics scheduled - 09-12-2007

Biometrics for EAD and AOS 09-12-2007

Received RFE for medical and co-sponsor tax returns

(Tax returns were sent) also letter from employer

needed, and last 6 months pay stubs.

RFE: 09-11-2007

Sent RFE back to lawyer 10-10-2007

EAD card production ordered 06-11-2007

EAD received 17-11-2007

Interview date for 01-08-2008[/color]

Approved! Card Production ordered 01-08-2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I would suggest that the both of you should seek the help of a marriage counselor or other neutral third party. You need to demand this of your husband for the sake of getting this family back on track. His reaction will speak voumes on whether or not your relationship can be turned around and saved.

Keep yourself!

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

I would suggest that the both of you should seek the help of a marriage counselor or other neutral third party. You need to demand this of your husband for the sake of getting this family back on track. His reaction will speak voumes on whether or not your relationship can be turned around and saved.

Keep yourself!

Thank you all for your replies. Well as for now, i have made up my mind that i will be moving out, because i cant go on like this. My daughter cry when ever she see my crying or when she see her dad yelling at me.

The documents listed her is all i got, we dont have joint account, credit card. He has his and i have mine. I understand he can take my name of his life insurance, but i think i will look for something else. One thing is i dont love him anymore, because of what he has put me through. He is cheating on me online with one female. I red his email on time, and what i saw was unbearable. He has the femal nudes picture. He saved them and they are 40 pictures, and the email they have been sending to each other even when we are married. I asked him, and he denied, he said they are all old pictures, before he met me. I saw the dates, even when we moved to our new house. He lied to me that she is just his friend, and the mail and pictures are old one. So my question to him was, why did he saved them, since he is married, why cant he just delet them all. He asked me to mind my own business, that next time i did that again, i will be on my own. I just keep quiet, and never ask him again.

Since i have been going through the emtionla abuise, i have been writen a journal, i kept secret. My dean at school gave me the numbers i can call. Right now, i am looking for a job, because i really need to move out.

What i will like to know is that, will it be hard for me to remove the condition on my green card when the time comes, since i believe i will be divorce by then.

LIFTING OF CONDITION

Filed: Timeline

Keep yourself!

Thank you all for your replies. Well as for now, i have made up my mind that i will be moving out, because i cant go on like this. My daughter cry when ever she see my crying or when she see her dad yelling at me.

The documents listed her is all i got, we dont have joint account, credit card. He has his and i have mine. I understand he can take my name of his life insurance, but i think i will look for something else. One thing is i dont love him anymore, because of what he has put me through. He is cheating on me online with one female. I red his email on time, and what i saw was unbearable. He has the femal nudes picture. He saved them and they are 40 pictures, and the email they have been sending to each other even when we are married. I asked him, and he denied, he said they are all old pictures, before he met me. I saw the dates, even when we moved to our new house. He lied to me that she is just his friend, and the mail and pictures are old one. So my question to him was, why did he saved them, since he is married, why cant he just delet them all. He asked me to mind my own business, that next time i did that again, i will be on my own. I just keep quiet, and never ask him again.

Since i have been going through the emtionla abuise, i have been writen a journal, i kept secret. My dean at school gave me the numbers i can call. Right now, i am looking for a job, because i really need to move out.

What i will like to know is that, will it be hard for me to remove the condition on my green card when the time comes, since i believe i will be divorce by then.

No, it shouldn't be a problem removing conditions as long as:

1.) You have evidence of a shared life and a shared residence

2.) You have evidence of commingled finances while married

3.) You have a divorce decree

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Where do you live ? Some cities have Nigerian Associations that may be able to assist you and help you not to feel so alone.

Also Catholic Charities organizations. with legal help etc.

I live in Fair Oaks Sacramento county in CA.

LIFTING OF CONDITION

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
Where do you live ? Some cities have Nigerian Associations that may be able to assist you and help you not to feel so alone.

Also Catholic Charities organizations. with legal help etc.

I live in Fair Oaks Sacramento county in CA.

Here is the link to the Sacramento Association of Nigerians - they might be able to offer help or support.

http://www.sanusa.org/

My thoughts are with you. Stay safe.

AOS Timeline

April 18, 2008 Civil Wedding at the courthouse

April 25. 2008 AOS packet sent to Chicago

April 29, 2008 AOS packet delivered

May 5, 2008 Receipt date for I-485, I-765 & I-131

May 9, 2008 NOA's & Biometrics Appointment letter received

May 28, 2008 Biometrics appointment

June 6, 2008 Case transferred to CSC

July 8, 2008 AP Approved

July 14, 2008 EAD Approved

October 10, 2008 I-485 Approved

October 14, 2008 Green card received

I-129F Timeline

Sept 13, 2007 I-129F sent to VSC

Sept 15, 2007 I-129F received at VSC at 2:32pm

Sept 17, 2007 NOA1 Receipt

Jan 25, 2008 NOA2 Receipt

Jan 31, 2008 NVC received approved petition from USCIS, VT

Feb 4, 2008 NVC letter received with new case number & Petition forwarded to San Jose, Costa Rica

Feb 7, 2008 DHL package signed for by R MORA at San Jose Embassy

Mar 5, 2008 Picked up packet & scheduled interview for Mar 14th

Mar 7, 2008 Blood work & Xray medicals complete

Mar 10, 2008 Physical & vaccinations complete

Mar 14, 2008 Interview - receive 221(g) for missing Single certificate for Costa Rica

Mar 26, 2008 Pick up completed Single Cert from the Registro Civil & deliver to Embassy

Apr 2, 2008 Deliver Australian Single status cert to Embassy

Apr 8, 2008 Approved!! Visa in hand same day :)

good luck.. I hope you find the strength to move out of the house and into a better situation for you and your daughter.

print the emails of his infedelity if you get the chance.. you might need it for the divorce

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Please do NOT stay with this man for one moment longer than you can help. He isn't a husband sweety, he's an abuser. If he says he wants you to go, say 'yes', pack your bags and your daughter, and GET OUT OF THERE! (and even if he doesn't want you to leave, leave anyway...) Nobody should have to live like that...

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.