I see how you work Mr. :rolleyes:

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sofia, how can you track from VSC to NVC, and NVC to Philipine?. Is there any websites out there? Thanks much.

Congrats Haonie on ur approval..sorry for late reply..been bz at work this past few days..too many rapid response..anyway, did u already figure out how to track your package from NVC to the consulate?I think lucky already give you the link how to track it..goodluck and congrats again!! :thumbs:

AOS Process:

Mar. 11, 2008- ARRIVED US

Mar. 12, 2008- got married

00-00-0000-Temple wedding-Mormon church

Mar.13, 2008-completed vaccinations-I693A supplement from CS

Mar. 18, 2008- sent the AOS package(I-485 and EAD)..applied for SSN..

Mar.19, 2008-Delivered. signed for by V Bustamante-took and passed written driving test

Mar.25, 2008-Check cashed-Received SSN

Mar.27,2008-Received NOA's in mail-Case available online

Mar.28, 2008-Received Biometrics appointment in mail-04/08/08

Apr.08,2008-Biometrics DONE

Apr.08-09,2008-TOUCHED

Apr.14,2008-Transfer Notice date to California(I-485)

Apr.17,2008-Received Notice in the mail about the transfer

Apr.20 and 22,2008-I-485 TOUCHED..No touch on EAD

Apr.24, 2008-Received AR driver license

May 07, 08, 09, 12, 13, 2008- I-485 TOUCHED..

May 16, 2008- I-765 Card production ordered -1st email

May 19, 2008- I-485 TOUCHED

May 21, 2008-I-765 Card production ordered-2nd email

May 22, 2008- I-765 TOUCHED

May 23, 2008-I765 Approval notice sent-3rd email

May 24, 2008- EAD in hand

May 28, 2008-AOS Card production ordered..yehey!!!got another email saying "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

May 29, 2008-AOS TOUCHED

June 03, 2008- Green Card in hand

I see how you work Mr. :rolleyes:

I'm a very complicated person dontchaknow! :whistle:

lol oh hush :devil:

where's my email??? :innocent:

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

where's my email??? :innocent: [/color]

LOL! Oh I see how it is...ignore me for days on end, then expect a quick reply huh? :lol: :lol:

YOU ARE DARN RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :protest:

I was working!!! Give a girl a break!!! :ranting::lol:

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Filed: Timeline
where's my email??? :innocent: [/color]

LOL! Oh I see how it is...ignore me for days on end, then expect a quick reply huh? :lol: :lol:

YOU ARE DARN RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :protest:

I was working!!! Give a girl a break!!! :ranting::lol:

Now what kind of excuse is that? Oh...actually that's a pretty good one. Okay. (expect somethin' soon! :D )

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Do you think i might get information on whats going on with my case if i call CSC directly? To do that i guess i would need to come up with a fake receipt number. Can anyone give a modified version of theirs to use?

Do you think they'd actually bother to check up on it without a receipt number?

Edited by lancer1655

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
So I'm gonna go out on a huge limb here and say that we see the first September CSC filer approved by Sunday. You read it here first, folks! ;)

Edit: Actually it's probably a very narrow, small, skinny limb. ^_^

Hummm...sunday its the superbowl!! :lol::lol::lol: They might be busy to eat like pigs lol

Timeline

Ok !! After reading other post on VJ..I got confused loll so heres some questions : :help:

1- Can we schedule the medical examination (with USCIS approved drs.) prior of recieving the packet 3? or do they chose the dr we have to go see?

2- Me and my fiance included everything in that 129-f application. ( my police certifications, my birth certificates, the affidavit of support, proofs of relationship..well eveything) So are they gonna transfer it to the embassy? ? if so well technically I would have to bring only ds-156 with 131$ fees, medical results, passport and vaccinations booklet and maybe some more recent proofs of our relationship.

3- Is it better if fiance goes to the interview or it can make it more complicated??

thank you very much for any help you can give me...

I cant wait for this to be over and start studying for my US citizenship test lolll :dance::lol:

Ok !! After reading other post on VJ..I got confused loll so heres some questions : :help:

1- Can we schedule the medical examination (with USCIS approved drs.) prior of recieving the packet 3? or do they chose the dr we have to go see?

2- Me and my fiance included everything in that 129-f application. ( my police certifications, my birth certificates, the affidavit of support, proofs of relationship..well eveything) So are they gonna transfer it to the embassy? ? if so well technically I would have to bring only ds-156 with 131$ fees, medical results, passport and vaccinations booklet and maybe some more recent proofs of our relationship.

3- Is it better if fiance goes to the interview or it can make it more complicated??

I cant wait for this to be over and start studying for my US citizenship test lolll :dance::lol:

1. Yes, you can schedule the medical any time you want even prior to getting the packet 3, but there is a limit to how much in advance. The medical must be recent, and I dont know what the time limit is on it. Probably something like it must be more recent than 6 months prior to the interview, but I dont know what the exact time is. Check with the consulate.

2. Bring everything with you to the interview. Yes, it will have been transferred to the embassy along with the rest of the stuff in your packet, but you should still bring everything with you, including a duplicate copy of the 129F petititon that you guys originally filed with the USCIS. if that stuff is already in the packet, just make a copy and bring it with you along with additional proofs of ongoing relations. New pictures from recent trips, etc.

3. You are in Canada, and I dont know about that specific consulates rules. Personally, I dont think it would be a problem if they let you, because it would actually help to prove ongoing relationship, but the petitioner would likely not be allowed to go to the actual interview to prevent coaching. I know in Russia, at the Moscow consulate, they dont even let the petitioner into that section of the building. It varies by consulate to consulate, so, again, check with the consulate and see if they allow it.

Think of it this way: This is the last step in the process, and the last time someone will make a judgement before you are married as to whether or not your relationship is legit. They can deny you or at the very least delay you for not having a required document. Take more than you think you will possibly need, because after the long wait, this is no time to make a mistake and create a delay.

Edited by Bobalouie

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Timeline

1. Yes, you can schedule the medical any time you want even prior to getting the packet 3, but there is a limit to how much in advance. The medical must be recent, and I dont know what the time limit is on it. Probably something like it must be more recent than 6 months prior to the interview, but I dont know what the exact time is. Check with the consulate.

2. Bring everything with you to the interview. Yes, it will have been transferred to the embassy along with the rest of the stuff in your packet, but you should still bring everything with you, including a duplicate copy of the 129F petititon that you guys originally filed with the USCIS. if that stuff is already in the packet, just make a copy and bring it with you along with additional proofs of ongoing relations. New pictures from recent trips, etc.

3. You are in Canada, and I dont know about that specific consulates rules. Personally, I dont think it would be a problem if they let you, because it would actually help to prove ongoing relationship, but the petitioner would likely not be allowed to go to the actual interview to prevent coaching. I know in Russia, at the Moscow consulate, they dont even let the petitioner into that section of the building. It varies by consulate to consulate, so, again, check with the consulate and see if they allow it.

Think of it this way: This is the last step in the process, and the last time someone will make a judgement before you are married as to whether or not your relationship is legit. They can deny you or at the very least delay you for not having a required document. Take more than you think you will possibly need, because after the long wait, this is no time to make a mistake and create a delay.

Well thank you very much Bobalouie.....

I know that only a US citizen can go with you for the interview at the embassy in Mtl but I'm still not convinced if he will come or not...

regarding the copies of the application loll my fiance said hes not sure if it is in that file of copies he doesnt remember he made copies of it :blink::blink::wacko: loll but as I read on other canadians with Mtl interview ...they dont ask for those documents as they have it already....Oh well.. Hopefully it will go just as smooth.

I'll see if they do their jobs as when they send the packet 3 they are suppose to tell you what you need to bring loll

And I know it is better too much than not enough loll :whistle:

well anyway ty for your help :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.