LondonGooner

Oh no!

36 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
:help: Unfortunately, it is that time of year again. The nights are drawing in, kids are back in college, and the TV is saturated with blanket coverage of American football! Arrrggghhh! I hate it, I hate it, I hate it :bonk: ! First of all I draw issue on the fact that it is even called football, hello the only time the players use their feet is when they kick the ball! Secondly, a single game takes umpteen hours to finish because of all the commercials and thirdly when they do anything remotely exciting it is all over in a matter of seconds anyway. And some silly American said my kind of football, soccer to the uneducated, is dull; well at least real football players keep going for 45 minutes, (easy on the innuendo, ladies), 90, if they play the whole match. Unfortunately, my wife is a big UT fan so I have no choice but to suffer. Oh dear, it is going to be a long dark Autumn and winter. Time to dig out my library card I think :reading: .

Kelly (USC) & Jeremy (UKC)

Adjustment of Status from K-1 Visa

CIS Office : Louisville KY

Date Filed : 2006-11-28

NOA Date : 2006-12-21

Bio. Appt. : 2006-12-15

Card Received: 2008-02-12

Employment Authorization Document

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2007-09-18

Approved Date : 2007-11-08

Date Card Received : 2007-11-21

Estimates/Stats : Your EAD was approved in 51 days.

Advance Parole

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Date Filed : 2007-08-31

NOA Date : 2007-09-18

Date Received : 2007-11-09

Estimates/Stats : Your AP was approved in 31 days.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

You forgot to mention the tight end and wide receivers... :whistle:

Just look forward to Hockey Night in Canada. :yes:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
You forgot to mention the tight end and wide receivers... :whistle:

Just look forward to Hockey Night in Canada. :yes:

Hockey is definitely a sport I like :thumbs: . In fact I have been an Avalanche fan since they first moved to Denver in 1995. Any game where you have blood penalties, such as hockey and rugby, is a proper sport in my book.

Kelly (USC) & Jeremy (UKC)

Adjustment of Status from K-1 Visa

Date Filed : 2006-11-28

NOA Date : 2006-12-21

Bio. Appt. : 2006-12-15

Card Received: 2008-02-12

Employment Authorization Document

Date Filed : 2007-09-18

Approved Date : 2007-11-08

Date Card Received : 2007-11-21

Estimates/Stats : Your EAD was approved in 51 days.

Advance Parole

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Date Filed : 2007-08-31

NOA Date : 2007-09-18

Date Received : 2007-11-09

Estimates/Stats : Your AP was approved in 31 days.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

American Football I am not a fan of either and I am an american, I prefer to watch "soccer" or the REAL football!! My husband and I were having a discussion just the other night about why American Football is called football?? I dont get it either...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

My husband is a big LSU and Saints fan.... Last Thursday morning I was told "order pizza and put the telly on ESPN when I come home from work"

I must admit, last year was weird for me and I had him explaining the game all season long. I still cant believe that there are so many different teams that actually play the game as well as different coaches for each area of it.... weird!

Put blokes on the field for 30 mins? (cant remember how long each half was could be 45 or was it 45 and they changed it?) and if they come off they better be bleeding!

Go the All Blacks!!!!!! (This is not a anti racial remark this is the national rugby union team in NZ)

Go the Bronco's (Brisbane rugby league team - Australia)

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
:help: Unfortunately, it is that time of year again. The nights are drawing in, kids are back in college, and the TV is saturated with blanket coverage of American football! Arrrggghhh! I hate it, I hate it, I hate it :bonk: ! First of all I draw issue on the fact that it is even called football, hello the only time the players use their feet is when they kick the ball! Secondly, a single game takes umpteen hours to finish because of all the commercials and thirdly when they do anything remotely exciting it is all over in a matter of seconds anyway. And some silly American said my kind of football, soccer to the uneducated, is dull; well at least real football players keep going for 45 minutes, (easy on the innuendo, ladies), 90, if they play the whole match. Unfortunately, my wife is a big UT fan so I have no choice but to suffer. Oh dear, it is going to be a long dark Autumn and winter. Time to dig out my library card I think :reading: .

Be very careful how you speak to Americans. Calling them all uneducated is no way to make friends in a nation you wish to become part of! All Americans call SOCCER, soccer. So, this means all Americans are uneducated?? You could always just go back to the UK and watch footsie ball on TV without even thinking about real Football. Just a thought. Oh, and by the way....what a great investment Beckham turned out to be.....hehe

Edited by Jason-Sasha

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Be very careful how you speak to Americans. Calling them all uneducated is no way to make friends in a nation you wish to become part of! All Americans call SOCCER, soccer. So, this means all Americans are uneducated?? You could always just go back to the UK and watch footsie ball on TV without even thinking about real Football. Just a thought. Oh, and by the way....what a great investment Beckham turned out to be.....hehe

:thumbs:

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

Timeline

WOW REALLY?? does he not have a right to express his opinion??? He did not say that Americans are uneducated...He said "And some silly American said my kind of football, soccer to the uneducated" I hardly think saying "silly American is calling Americans uneducated.

Anyone who knows anything about "Soccer" knows that there are PLENTY of players that are far more talented than Beckham, he seems to be the only player that Americans recognize by name. I have read his post over and over and as an American I see nothing offensive.

Timeline

WOW REALLY?? does he not have a right to express his opinion??? He did not say that Americans are uneducated...He said "And some silly American said my kind of football, soccer to the uneducated" I hardly think saying "silly American is calling Americans uneducated.

Anyone who knows anything about "Soccer" knows that there are PLENTY of players that are far more talented than Beckham, he seems to be the only player that Americans recognize by name. I have read his post over and over and as an American I see nothing offensive.

He said that anyone calling this sport soccer, was uneducated. And since nearly every single American does in fact call this sport soccer, that would make all of us uneducated. Who knew it took a little to understand. This had nothing to do with "silly American". That is one person. Every nation has silly people. I'm American and even I know that.... :hehe:

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

31 May 08 - Married

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Timeline

Well, he is good. And he's the only one we hear about. And his contract is like the biggest ever. I actually do enjoy watching soccer, but I find it a bit boring sometimes. I dont think one sport is superior of the other. American football is much much younger and completely different. All American broadcast sports are loaded with commercials. Just the way it is. I hate that part as well. I love American football as much as I love baseball. To me, these are the only 2 sports in the world! Everything else doesn't matter to me or affect me.

Edited by Jason-Sasha

31 May 08 - Married

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Timeline

He said that anyone calling this sport soccer, was uneducated. And since nearly every single American does in fact call this sport soccer, that would make all of us uneducated. Who knew it took a little to understand. This had nothing to do with "silly American". That is one person. Every nation has silly people. I'm American and even I know that.... :hehe:

I took the uneducated comment to mean uneducated about the sport, not uneducated in general. And the average American is not educated about the sport nor do they want to learn. That is why they brought a name to MLS that just about any American will recognize.

I guess that it depends on your interpretation of the post, as to if one takes offence or not. ;)

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Well, he is good. And he's the only one we hear about. And his contract is like the biggest ever. I actually do enjoy watching soccer, but I find it a bit boring sometimes. I dont think one sport is superior of the other. American football is much much younger and completely different. All American broadcast sports are loaded with commercials. Just the way it is. I hate that part as well. I love American football as much as I love baseball. To me, these are the only 2 sports in the world! Everything else doesn't matter to me or affect me.

I don't get American football, Soccer to me is a faster moving and more exciting game.

Then again - I don't get cricket either. I prefer baseball, for similar reasons.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Agrees with Fuzzness about Beckham :thumbs: he does suck :lol:

I'm a Scot as well and I don't even like him, he's overrated, think's he's the bees nees and all that sh!te he needs to get over himself...there are loads of other talented fitba players in the UK just as good as him, if not better!

Cricket!! :lol: i dont get that game neither - to me its a boring man's game, but thats just my opinion!!

The only American Football Game i watch is a College Game! Go Big Red :dance:

Edited by MariaDane

Separated!!