LondonGooner

Flowers for the FBI

28 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Hey guys,

I recently joined Yahoo! Group for people waiting to clear the name check process with the FBI and I wanted to alert you to a campaign they are proposing to send flowers to the FBI to highlight just how many of us stuck in the name check process. I have asked for them to clarify on what date they should be sent, believe it is sometime around 17 Sep, 2007, and to whom. As soon as I have the details I'll post them here. Remember a $20 bunch of flowers is a lot cheaper than an EAD renewal.

Kelly (USC) & Jeremy (UKC)

Adjustment of Status from K-1 Visa

CIS Office : Louisville KY

Date Filed : 2006-11-28

NOA Date : 2006-12-21

Bio. Appt. : 2006-12-15

Card Received: 2008-02-12

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : Louisville KY

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2007-09-18

Approved Date : 2007-11-08

Date Card Received : 2007-11-21

Estimates/Stats : Your EAD was approved in 51 days.

Advance Parole

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2007-08-31

NOA Date : 2007-09-18

Date Received : 2007-11-09

Estimates/Stats : Your AP was approved in 31 days.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That is a very interesting idea. Reminds me of how I see all those little white crosses outside of churches symbolizing how many babies have been aborted during a certain time frame. Always makes me think......

I wish you luck with that.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
That is a very interesting idea. Reminds me of how I see all those little white crosses outside of churches symbolizing how many babies have been aborted during a certain time frame. Always makes me think......

I wish you luck with that.

That's a pretty cool idea. It will sure prove a point when they get thousands of bouquets of flowers!! It's one thing to see how many background checks are outstanding on paper, but a completely different story when they can see tangible proof right in front of them.

AOS

AOS Package received in Chicago 4-25-07 (Day 1)

NOA 1 5-01-07 (Day 7)

Cheque Cashed 5-02-07 (Day 8)

Touched 5-04-07 (Day 10)

Biometrics Appointment 5-18-07 (Day 26)

Touched 5-21-07 (Day 29)

Transferred to CSC e-mail 5-25-07 (Day 33)

Touched 5-28-07 (Day 36)

Touched again...feels niiiice! 5-29-07 (Day 37)

Notice of CSC transfer via reg mail 6-01-07 (Day 40)

Touched; 'pending @ CSC' e-mail 6-07-07 (Day 46)

Touched 6-08-07 (Day 47)

Touched 6-10-07 (Day 49)

Touched 6-19-07 (Day 58)

Touched 6-20-07 (Day 59)

Touched 8-31-07 & 9-3-07

Card Production Ordered 10-01-07

Welcome Notice Sent 10-02-07

Lifting of Conditions

Sent 7/13/09

Received at CSC 7/14/09

NOA Receieved (Dated 7/14) 7/18/09

Biometrics Appointment 8/12/09

Touched 8/13/09

I think that is a great idea. It is good to see that group coming up with more innovative ideas. I do wonder though, will they reject them?

This would be a great newsstory. I may have to rejoin that group just to follow along. (I left previously because it turned into a whole group only discussing pro se WOMs).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/US_to_g...how/2215001.cms

I assume that the originators of this idea saw this and it inspired them! I am more than happy to participate.

I-485 , I-765, I-130: NOA1 : 1/23/2006

Biometrics 2/23/2006

Temporary EAD given for 1 month ONLY b/c of Infopass appt: 5/1/2006

Went back to renew EAD through Infopass: EAD card was not given "due to reasons we can't disclose"

5/3/2007: Confirmation that EAD is delayed due to background checks. (started to use the senator, ombudsman and was just a royal pain in the neck)

5/30/2007: EAD production ordered (after over 400 days of waiting!!! woo hoo!)

AOS Interview: 5/12/2008!!! FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/29/2008: card production ordered...918 days..can't wait to see that card!

I assume that the originators of this idea saw this and it inspired them! I am more than happy to participate.

Do you have the same concern I do though? I mean getting hundreds (potentially) of flowers to one location from any group could be worrysome for the "receivers".

I would participate simply for the newsworthy aspect of it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Do you have the same concern I do though? I mean getting hundreds (potentially) of flowers to one location from any group could be worrysome for the "receivers".

I would participate simply for the newsworthy aspect of it.

The USCIS, when they were the ones getting the flowers, posted online that they would forward them all onto the VA hospital. I wouldn't be surprised if the FBI do something similar.

Edit: found the post [source]...

Message from USCIS Director Emilio Gonzalez

I understand that individuals are planning to send flowers to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) beginning on Tuesday, July 10. USCIS has made arrangements to forward those flowers to our injured service members recuperating at Walter Reed Army Medical Center and at Bethesda Naval Hospital.

Would be great publicity though... seems the Ombudsman Reports have not really had any effect in shaming them into efficiency. Good luck to all who participate :)

Edited by WifeOHunkyJohn

2005 August 27th Happily Married

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i think it is nice if they fwd the flowers...but that's a valid concern...

if they hear about it in advance..maybe they'll put some similiar notice out?

I-485 , I-765, I-130: NOA1 : 1/23/2006

Biometrics 2/23/2006

Temporary EAD given for 1 month ONLY b/c of Infopass appt: 5/1/2006

Went back to renew EAD through Infopass: EAD card was not given "due to reasons we can't disclose"

5/3/2007: Confirmation that EAD is delayed due to background checks. (started to use the senator, ombudsman and was just a royal pain in the neck)

5/30/2007: EAD production ordered (after over 400 days of waiting!!! woo hoo!)

AOS Interview: 5/12/2008!!! FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/29/2008: card production ordered...918 days..can't wait to see that card!

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking back in. I spoke with Randall Emery of American Families United regarding the flowers to fbi. He has suggested those who are participating to send them on October 1st to maximize the press coverage.

Its important to recognize this is not just an issue that affects the bunch of us here, its an issue that effects everyone. If this is really about "security" in the country, why why why would they not complete these checks in a timely manner (and no, timely does not equal 6 months +).

The symbolism behind sending flowers is to obviously show in a tangible way the amount of people concerned about the delays involved with this process. It should be an outrage so many that these checks go on for years. Makes you wonder wy this is in any way acceptable.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

That is an interesting idea........

If it also included those people still waiting overseas that are stuck in namechecks, I'm sure they'd be receiving not hundreds, but thousands of flowers.........heck, if everyone stuck in AP/AR at the Cairo embassy alone were to send flowers, I'm sure their office would be covered.....

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Conference Call on Tuesday for Flowers to FBI

Date: Tue 09/11/07

Time: 9pm Eastern, 8pm Central, 7pm Mountain, 6 pm Pacific

Dial-in number: 1-712-432-2323

Access code: 123789#

there will be limited phone seats, so come early!

Bring ideas on what we can send (ie: flower websites, etc).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Careful - they might get used to the flowers. :whistle:

and get put on a watch list :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!