SapiRani

Affidavit of Support I-134, evidence of life insurance, home value

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hey everyone,

I'm powering through the I-134 and I'm curious whether it's necessary to provide supporting evidence for life insurance, home value, mortgage, etc.. If so, any ideas what documents they might want to see?

Also, while we're on the topic, are official documents from the IRS required for tax information, or is it enough to print, say, TurboTax records of returns?

Thanks!

Brian

Hey everyone,

I'm powering through the I-134 and I'm curious whether it's necessary to provide supporting evidence for life insurance, home value, mortgage, etc.. If so, any ideas what documents they might want to see?

Also, while we're on the topic, are official documents from the IRS required for tax information, or is it enough to print, say, TurboTax records of returns?

Thanks!

Brian

If your income is sufficient, no need to show assets. But if you do show them, you need to show documents that can prove what you put on the form.

A copy of the 1040 you filed is sufficient, but it may be better to get tax transcripts from the IRS.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We sent only the letter of employment, pay stubs, and tax information...

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

We submitted

*2006 tax return

*3 last pay stubs

*401k summary

*letter from employer detailing salary

I think the reason you don't need proof of home value and mortgage it's because it's detailed in the tax return.

Justin's last tax return was prepared with turbotax too

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well I recently got my Tax records from the court house where my house is located and it tells you the estimated market value of your house you can use that or you can pay a feww hundred and get an apprasial. But the tax records are a free way to show the value. :D

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

Brian

The more stability you show the better even if you are not required to have it.

Picture yourself being a CO.

You see evidence the petitioner qualifies just on wages alone but also the guy has his act together and owns a house , has life insurance made out to the beneficiary and has tax transcripts from IRS showing he filed and didn't owe anything.

Turbo tax and ITRS aren't as valid and can be faked.

Your job is to do one better than the scammers!

Edited by beckypua

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Hey everyone,

Thanks!

Brian

Your Turbo Tax printout will work fine for your tax records. However, as beckypua mentioned, if you use a software program these records can be faked. You must attach a copy of your W-2 along with your tax return.

10-17-2006. I-129F filed.

10-19-2006. NOA1

01-25-2007. NOA2

02-12-2007. NVC notification saying petition is approved.

05-11-2007. Packet 3 received.

05-14-2007. Packet 3 forms sent.

06-16-2007. Packet 4 received.

07-03-2007. Medical examination.

07-10-2007. Interview. Passed!!!!

07-12-2007. Received visa.

07-18-2007. Applied for Marriage License.

08-04-2007. Fan arrives in the United States.

08-08-2007. Married.

08-24-2007. Applications for AOS, EAD, and Advance Parole.

08-30-2007. NOA for AOS.

09-07-2007. Applied for SSN.

09-18-2007. NOA for EAD and Advance Parole.

09-20-2007. Received SS card.

10-05-2007. Received appointment date for biometrics.

10-23-2007. Received Advance Parole.

11-02-2007. Biometrics.

11-06-2007. AOS transfered to CSC.

11-07-2007. EAD approved.

11-16-2007. EAD card received.

12-06-2007. AOS approved.

12-14-2007. Green Card Received in mail.

09-05-2009. I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence sent.

09-16-2009. NOA and biometrics appointment received.

10-13-2009. Biometrics.

10-26-2009. USCIS email. Approved. Card production ordered.

10-29-2009. Approval notice, dated 10-26, arrives in mail.

11-02-2009. Green Card arrives in mail.

• 2 months later...
Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hey everyone,

Thanks!

Brian

If your income is sufficient, no need to show assets. But if you do show them, you need to show documents that can prove what you put on the form.

A copy of the 1040 you filed is sufficient, but it may be better to get tax transcripts from the IRS.

Just a 1040 is not sufficient without the supporting W2's or 1099's. Ordering free tax transcripts from the IRS is preferred.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
Hey everyone,

Thanks!

Brian

Please look at "additional asset" questions....If you see (optional) next to the question, then you can other forms of assets, but it isn't required for you to do. Only your choice if you think it helps.

As for tax - you have two options:

Send it a copy of the 1040 form you filed with the IRS

* ALONG with copies of w-2's, any 1099's and other documents that you needed to file in conjunction with that particular 1040.

OR

Get a copy of your IRS transcript for that year from the IRS

Edited by Nutty

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.