1,651 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi all. Another update for me - Interview date, October 16, Tuesday at 1pm.

Dare I hope that I won't be getting an RFE now that I have an interview date? Or am I being too optimistic? :D

Dare I hope that I won't be getting an RFE now that I have an interview date? Or am I being too optimistic? :D

Congratulations!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Out of curiosity, did you get a letter with your interview date, and was it updated in your online status?

I am trying to figure out if I will find out about the interview from online status first, or if a letter will be sent without it being updated in our case status online.

Congrats again! I don't know how it works, but I hope you are past the RFE stage.

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Mailed I-485 July 2, 2007

Received NOA1 July 11, 2007

RFE: Dated July 24, 2007

Ovnt. requested info. July 30, 2007

Biometrics Appt. Aug. 3, 2007

AOS Interview Sept. 27, 2007

AOS Approval Sept. 27,2007

GREEN CARD Rec. Nov. 1, 2007

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Out of curiosity, did you get a letter with your interview date, and was it updated in your online status?

I am trying to figure out if I will find out about the interview from online status first, or if a letter will be sent without it being updated in our case status online.

Congrats again! I don't know how it works, but I hope you are past the RFE stage.

Thank you!

My online status was last touched Aug 16, and that's when the letter was dated. When I saw that the cases were touched, I assumed that it was just a post-biometrics thing (which happened on the 14th), so I did not expect the letter.. but when I checked, it didn't say anything about the letter for the interview being sent / interview being scheduled.

So.. in my case, I didn't find out about the interview online. Letters are more concrete anyway! :)

Hope there won't be an RFE.. I didn't get the TB test done :P simply because I didn't know when I had my vaccination supplement thing transcribed.

I-129F sent .........................8/08/2006

Interview............................3/23/2007

VISA RECEIVED .......................3/29/2007

Sent AOS package to CHI..............7/12/2007

Biometrics in CLE, OH................8/14/2007

Interview in CLE, OH................10/16/2007

GREEN CARD RECEIVED.................11/15/2007

Sent ROC to CSC......................8/10/2009

NOA1.................................8/12/2009

Biometrics...........................9/18/2009

Card Production Ordered ............10/01/2009

Sent N400 to AZ lockbox ............11/08/2010

Application received................11/12/2010

Check cashed........................11/15/2010

Biometrics (CLE)....................12/03/2010

Interview (CLE).....................01/14/2010

Oath Taking (CLE)...................02/04/2010

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi all,

My husband had his biometrics done on 8/18/07 in New Rochelle, NY. I wrote about his experience and posted it in the AOS forums if anyone is interested. It's posted under "New Rochelle, NY biometrics experience" Basically, all went very well.

Also, we got RFE's in the mail today! :wacko::unsure:

I have a question about the first request, I hope it's okay to post here about that. I will also post in the general AOS forums just in case.

The first piece of evidence they want is my tax returns, BUT I had clearly explained (I attached a letter of explanation to the I-864) saying that I did not file taxes for the most recent year - 2006 - because I was unemployed, here is what I actually wrote:

"I did not file taxes for 2006 and 2005 because I was unemployed both years. At the time, I was attending Purchase College full-time during the 2005-06 academic year."

I also included an unofficial transcript from my college to show my attendance.

I had thought that what I had sent was going to be sufficient evidence :-(

In the RFE it states:

"If the sponsor did not file tax returns for any reason other than their gross income was below the IRS filing requirements, include a copy of the provisions of any statue, treaty, or regulation that supports the claim that he or she had no duty to file an income tax return with respect to that income."

So does this mean I have to find some "statute, treaty, or regulation" to send to them? Where would I find this crazy piece of evidence? What do I do?

I included my parents as household members and they filled out the I-864A forms, and they need to send things according to the RFE's, too. I have questions about that too, but I will post that at another time.

Has anyone else out there ever gotten an RFE like mine - requesting evidence from someone unemployed and having to send a "statute or treaty" supporting the 'claim'?

Appreciate any one's help, please!

Regards,

Lisa

Filed: Timeline

I have no personal experience of this, but it appears that USCIS made an error.

"If the sponsor did not file tax returns for any reason other than their gross income was below the IRS filing requirements, include a copy of the provisions of any statue, treaty, or regulation that supports the claim that he or she had no duty to file an income tax return with respect to that income."

A required reference to a statute is only needed if you "did not file tax returns for any reason other than their gross income was below the IRS filing requirements" You did not file any taxes because your income was under IRS filing requirements and no reference should be needed. I would include a copy of your earlier explanation, and then describe even more in detail why you did not file taxes. Maybe make a reference to Publication 501 stating that you are under the limit. http://www.irs.gov/publications/p501/ar02.html#d0e490

I don't know much about taxes, and maybe you were required to file taxes if someone claimed you on their return or if you received any grants - funding for your studies

Hi all,

My husband had his biometrics done on 8/18/07 in New Rochelle, NY. I wrote about his experience and posted it in the AOS forums if anyone is interested. It's posted under "New Rochelle, NY biometrics experience" Basically, all went very well.

Also, we got RFE's in the mail today! :wacko::unsure:

I have a question about the first request, I hope it's okay to post here about that. I will also post in the general AOS forums just in case.

The first piece of evidence they want is my tax returns, BUT I had clearly explained (I attached a letter of explanation to the I-864) saying that I did not file taxes for the most recent year - 2006 - because I was unemployed, here is what I actually wrote:

"I did not file taxes for 2006 and 2005 because I was unemployed both years. At the time, I was attending Purchase College full-time during the 2005-06 academic year."

I also included an unofficial transcript from my college to show my attendance.

I had thought that what I had sent was going to be sufficient evidence :-(

In the RFE it states:

So does this mean I have to find some "statute, treaty, or regulation" to send to them? Where would I find this crazy piece of evidence? What do I do?

I included my parents as household members and they filled out the I-864A forms, and they need to send things according to the RFE's, too. I have questions about that too, but I will post that at another time.

Has anyone else out there ever gotten an RFE like mine - requesting evidence from someone unemployed and having to send a "statute or treaty" supporting the 'claim'?

Appreciate any one's help, please!

Regards,

Lisa

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you!

My online status was last touched Aug 16, and that's when the letter was dated. When I saw that the cases were touched, I assumed that it was just a post-biometrics thing (which happened on the 14th), so I did not expect the letter.. but when I checked, it didn't say anything about the letter for the interview being sent / interview being scheduled.

So.. in my case, I didn't find out about the interview online. Letters are more concrete anyway! :)

Hope there won't be an RFE.. I didn't get the TB test done :P simply because I didn't know when I had my vaccination supplement thing transcribed.

Thanks for hte response.

After posting, my husband checked the mail and we got our interview letter.

Please update in the timeline. Our interview date is Sept. 27 @ 1:30. :dance::dance::dance:

Now we have a date to look forward to!

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Mailed I-485 July 2, 2007

Received NOA1 July 11, 2007

RFE: Dated July 24, 2007

Ovnt. requested info. July 30, 2007

Biometrics Appt. Aug. 3, 2007

AOS Interview Sept. 27, 2007

AOS Approval Sept. 27,2007

GREEN CARD Rec. Nov. 1, 2007

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

IYA and LOVINGJA I wish you both good luck with the interview ! :D

Wish I would get that interview letter cause this is nerf wrecking all the waiting and checking every day ! :wacko:

07/06/2007 -AOS-EAD mailed

07/08/2007 -AOS-EAD received in chicago ( DAY 1)

07/16/2007 - NOA1 received I-485 + EAD + I-130( DAY 8)

07/18/2007 - Biometrics received Scheduled 08/08/2007 ( DAY 10)

07/30/2007 - Both I-130 + EAD touched ( DAY 22)

08/08/2007 - Biometrics taken me + my daughter ( DAY 31)

08/08/2007 - Both I-485 + EAD touched ( DAY 31)

08/16/2007 - Touched I-765 ( DAY 39)

09/13/2007 - EAD card ordered ! ( DAY 67)

09/24/2007 - EAD card received ! ( DAY 78)

09/29/2007 - got Interview letters in the mail ,interview NOV 20 ( DAY 83)

1.png

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzYmU2luY2UrQU9TK2Fycml2ZWQrYXQrVVNDSVMmMDAwMDAwJjAwMDAwMCYxMiYxMCZjJjAmOCY3JjIwMDcmOSY1MiY1NTU4NjkwMDExODc3MTQ2NTkuJw==.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I have no personal experience of this, but it appears that USCIS made an error.

A required reference to a statute is only needed if you "did not file tax returns for any reason other than their gross income was below the IRS filing requirements" You did not file any taxes because your income was under IRS filing requirements and no reference should be needed. I would include a copy of your earlier explanation, and then describe even more in detail why you did not file taxes. Maybe make a reference to Publication 501 stating that you are under the limit. http://www.irs.gov/publications/p501/ar02.html#d0e490

I don't know much about taxes, and maybe you were required to file taxes if someone claimed you on their return or if you received any grants - funding for your studies

________________________________________________________________________________

_______

Thanks for your reply John, unfortunately I don't know much about taxes either...and thanks for the link.

Anybody else have any more advice?

Regards,

Lisa

Edited by infomon

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

I have a question for those who already got their interview letter ,

What does it say on the letter for you all to bring to the interview ?

I already have everything that could proof our marriage is the real thing ,

pics

life insurance

my military id

medical insurance

car insurance

general power of attorney

emails from when we met online up to now

my husbands deployment orders

joint bank account statements

letters from my hubby from Iraq

custom declarations for the boxes I send to my hubby in Iraq

letters and postcards from his family for me and my daughter

if I am missing something please let me know .

But I just wondered what besides the items to proof your relationship and then of course our passports and I-94's , uscis asks you to bring .

Thanks ,

Silvia

07/06/2007 -AOS-EAD mailed

07/08/2007 -AOS-EAD received in chicago ( DAY 1)

07/16/2007 - NOA1 received I-485 + EAD + I-130( DAY 8)

07/18/2007 - Biometrics received Scheduled 08/08/2007 ( DAY 10)

07/30/2007 - Both I-130 + EAD touched ( DAY 22)

08/08/2007 - Biometrics taken me + my daughter ( DAY 31)

08/08/2007 - Both I-485 + EAD touched ( DAY 31)

08/16/2007 - Touched I-765 ( DAY 39)

09/13/2007 - EAD card ordered ! ( DAY 67)

09/24/2007 - EAD card received ! ( DAY 78)

09/29/2007 - got Interview letters in the mail ,interview NOV 20 ( DAY 83)

1.png

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzYmU2luY2UrQU9TK2Fycml2ZWQrYXQrVVNDSVMmMDAwMDAwJjAwMDAwMCYxMiYxMCZjJjAmOCY3JjIwMDcmOSY1MiY1NTU4NjkwMDExODc3MTQ2NTkuJw==.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats IYA :dance::dance:

After posting, my husband checked the mail and we got our interview letter.

Please update in the timeline. Our interview date is Sept. 27 @ 1:30. :dance::dance::dance:

Now we have a date to look forward to!

Congrats LovinJA :dance:

May the interviews keep coming :yes:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: Other Timeline
HI July filers...

Saturday got a letter from the USCIS with 3 pink sheets -RFE

it seems they are requesting an I-693, which I originally submitted in sealed envelope along

with the AOS application. #######?

Thank God! at the time of having the civil surgeon doing this paper work I asked for a copy for my own records. I am resubmitting the original Vaccination worksheet copy from my Vancouver medical exam along with record copy from the Civil Surgeon...too bad... they will just have to accept these copies since they lost my sealed envelope!

additionally....we filled out the I864EZ short form affidavit of support , since reading the qualification rules

we thought we qualified! It says nothing about "if the sponsor is "self-employed" this short form does

not apply! #######!!!!

so...here we are filliing out the long form! and resubmitting...what a pain in the @SS!

wish me luck! Posting again TODAY!!!!

If the RFE is for I693, that's not your vaccination worksheet. That's the medical exam.

The first page of the instructions for the I864EZ clearly states that you can use the form if your income is from salary or pensions proven by a W2 form.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We got an email notice today on the EAD

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. The I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Frustration... our file is still at MSC...

Our AOS Timeline

06/16/07 -- Our Wedding

06/26/07 -- AOS sent by attorney

07/02/07 -- Receipt of Documents by USCIS

08/01/07 -- Biometrics Completed

08/05/07 -- "Touched"

09/07/07 -- EAD Card Production Ordered!

01/29/08 -- AOS Interview - APPROVED!! [Verbally]

02/06/08 -- Welcome EMail Received

02/11/08 -- Card Production Ordered

02/19/08 -- Card Received!

Our ROC Timeline

11/05/09 -- Initial meeting with attorney to file Removal of Conditions

11/11/09 -- ROC sent by attorney

01/05/10 -- Biometrics Completed

02/16/10 -- Approval

Citizenship

06/13/11 -- N-400 sent by attorney.

06/24/11 -- NOA

07/15/11 -- Biometrics Completed

08/25/11 -- Interview APPROVED

08/31/11 -- Oath Taken! Now a US Citizen!

Passport

09/06/11 -- Passport Application submitted.

09/21/11 -- Passport Book Received!

09/23/11 -- Passport Card and Certificate of Naturalization received.

09/25/11 -- Life after USCIS begins.

av-37579.gif

Be me a little...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
infomon we had a similar situation since my husband didnt work and we used his family income! what i did is have the IRS sent us a letter stating that he didnt file and it seems that they were ok with it ... if u need more help PM me and perhaps i can help u ...

TimeLine
06/27/2007 AOS&EAD sent
11/07/2007 Interview Date
08/11/2008 Second Interview ... APPROVED

12/15/2009 RIP MyLove!

07/31/2014 N-400 sent
01/06/2015 Interview Date ... APPROVED
02/13/2015 Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.