17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hubby received his biometrics appointment letter with a case number on it. I haven't bothered to enter it into the USCIS system yet because it's likely that it's not been inputted yet.

But how can I tell if it's for AOS or EAD? Might we have to go twice?

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Hubby received his biometrics appointment letter with a case number on it. I haven't bothered to enter it into the USCIS system yet because it's likely that it's not been inputted yet.

Doesn;t it actually say on the letter, if they take just one finger its EAD if they take all prints it's AOS. This is were my case all went wrong with Bio fee's etc

Good luck!

AOS and EAD Timeline

First Application rejected due to them not receiving $70 for Biometrics, even though I had a receipt from them :-(

NOA1 - 10/01/2007

Biometrics - Middle of October, don't have exact date sorry

I-485 and I-765 Touched - 10/23/2007

EAD Approved - 10/27/2007

Nothing Since

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

On your biometrics appointment letter ...just under where it states ASC appointment notice it says case type...what does it say??? it also should give a code at the far right of the letter as well

code 2 biometrics is for EAD!

code 3 biometrics is for AOS!

If you applied for both EAD & AOS and only have received 1 biometrics appointment notice then yes i think you will go twice unless you get another appt notice in the mail before you go for your current biometrics appointment.

Edited by MariaDane

Separated!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks for your responses. I get amped up on caffeine at work and get these questions in my head, but after getting home, I saw the answer.

Thanks and sorry! And when I came home his SS card was here! Just one day before we were going to go back down to the office to find out what was up!

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On your biometrics appointment letter ...just under where it states ASC appointment notice it says case type...what does it say??? it also should give a code at the far right of the letter as well

If you applied for both EAD & AOS and only have received 1 biometrics appointment notice then yes i think you will go twice unless you get another appt notice in the mail before you go for your current biometrics appointment.

Nope. You will only do code 3 biometrics which are good for both AOS and EAD.

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

This must be new, within the past two years, Claudeth had two biometrics appointments, one for EAD and one for AOS. It seems logical to combine them but is scary because the government came up with it :P

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Usually at the bottom of the appointment notice you have bar code(s) with the notice number of what you're having the biometrics for.

If you have 2 bar codes, it's likely to be an appointment for both EAD & AOS.

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

Timeline

I did code 2 and 3 biometrics for EAD & AOS.........EAD requires different biometrics to be done than AOS does.....AOS requires all ten prints - photograph & signature

EAD - photograph & fingerprints (not all ten prints)

Separated!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Doesn;t it actually say on the letter, if they take just one finger its EAD if they take all prints it's AOS. This is were my case all went wrong with Bio fee's etc

Good luck!

:thumbs:

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Timeline

I did code 2 and 3 biometrics for EAD & AOS.........EAD requires different biometrics to be done than AOS does.....AOS requires all ten prints - photograph & signature

You must have done it a while ago. Yes, it used to be that way - people had to get code 2 and code 3 done separately. It's different now - USCIS must have realized that code 3 pretty much covers everything, and there's no need to make people come in twice.

Filed AOS from F-1

Timeline

You must have done it a while ago. Yes, it used to be that way - people had to get code 2 and code 3 done separately. It's different now - USCIS must have realized that code 3 pretty much covers everything, and there's no need to make people come in twice.

Not really i only did my biometrics June 18 th /07...so unless they changed them in the past 2 months then i guess so! :unsure:

Edited by MariaDane

Separated!!

Timeline

Not really i only did my biometrics June 18 th /07...so unless they changed them in the past 2 months then i guess so! :unsure:

Oops, I looked at your timeline - and frankly, I'm puzzled :blink: It does seem like most people only have to have one bio appointment, but it definitely doesn't apply to all. Jeez, I don't know any more - this is all weird.

Filed AOS from F-1

If you file your EAD and your AOS application seperately (like I did), then they send you two biometrics letters. My biometrics appointments were 2 days apart and I handed them both letters at one of the appointments and they processed both biometrics that same date, so I only had to go the one time. I think most people sending in their applications together in the same envelope to the same place, end up with one biometrics appointment.

Edited by jane2005

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

Timeline
If you file your EAD and your AOS application seperately (like I did), then they send you two biometrics letters. My biometrics appointments were 2 days apart and I handed them both letters at one of the appointments and they processed both biometrics that same date, so I only had to go the one time. I think most people sending in their applications together in the same envelope to the same place, end up with one biometrics appointment.

:thumbs: I think that explains it.

Edited by Sid and Nancy

Filed AOS from F-1

My son who is 11 had code 2 biometrics completed for his AOS application. He didn't need Code 3 (full prints), because he is under 14 and they don't do a fingerprint check.

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.