jonkam

Fiance Disapeared !!

346 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Jonkam-

I for one got plenty of general warnings and suggestions. My father and brother met my fiancee and we also met my fiancee's mother. My relatives here and elsewhere grandparent's, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc., were far more concerned and said I should just stick to a USC and not deal with the LDR, the possible ulterior motives, and told me to take extra precautions. The people who have met my fiancee have told me I should marry her and she seems like a great girl.

There is no possible way for my friends to meet her before she arrives if our petition and application are both approved, since she is from China and can't come here to visit.

Also like you, when I decided to move forward I also started to read here. I also went and searched on google for things like, "USC marriage to chinese citizen" "Marriage fraud and immigration," and searches of that nature.

Sometimes even with due diligence and being careful you can still get duped. Seeing this post and your story reminds me to keep my eyes open, but my fiancee when compared to several of the women I dated in the past few years is just more my type in several different ways. To imagine her betraying me and duping me is just incredibly painful and so I really feel for your story and situation.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the fiancee's son in the U.S.? With the elderly relative who is in Brazil?

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Timeline
Just speculation, She may have met someone else after the petition was filed or after your visit to her country. That person may have visited her in her country. Another thought is perhaps she has a girlfriend. It has happened before. Then again, maybe she got cold feet. Hopefully you can find out the truth.. Good luck

Your first idea, is what I am thinking. Don't know for sure. The last time I was with her was 7 months ago. During that time since then or even maybe before then she might have been talking with someone else. It sucks thinking of these " what if" scenario's. This whole thing just happened, so that's all I got to think about. I've had to take off of work, i haven't really eaten much, etc. Time heals all wounds, so they tell me. Not knowing is the worse part. It would be easier to deal with if she called and said, I love someone else or I only used you to come here, etc. Then at least i could start to deal with it.

She arrived here about 10 days ago. I took a little time off from work. we had a nice time, she seemed happy and all that. The day I went back to work, "poof" gone. That was a few days ago.

Have your questions been answered here about what to do at this point?

Yes. Sorry to sound ignorant or lazy, but what is infopass?

This all sounds like a story narrative to me.

Funny, that.

You don't have to believe me if you don't want to.

What would be the point of spending time writing a bunch of BS.

I understand that maybe some people do not have anything better to do.

I have been here for a year, and whenever there is someone with a negative problem. There are always people who cry "troll". If you choose to believe me or don't, I don't really care.

to those that have point me to what i have to do and answered some of my questions, I thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
She arrived here about 10 days ago. I took a little time off from work. we had a nice time, she seemed happy and all that. The day I went back to work, "poof" gone. That was a few days ago.

Here you go:

http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/infopass.html

Also, don't get too annoyed at anyone questioning you. I understand not wanting people to know you have to deal with this situation, but if you posted under a username that people could reference you wouldn't get the suspicion. Even staying anonymous people are willing to help. Heck, at the beginning I was totally suspicious and even now I still am, but I'll help where I can.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

What office did you go through?

Funny, that.

I have been here for a year, and whenever there is someone with a negative problem. There are always people who cry "troll". If you choose to believe me or don't, I don't really care.

to those that have point me to what i have to do and answered some of my questions, I thank you.

You have been here for a year and don't know what an INFOPASS interview is?

"One person with a belief is equal to a force of 99 who have only interests."

John Stuart Mill

Funny, that.

I answered your question. You can make an Infopass appointment by going to uscis.gov and following the links from there. You'll select your local office and an available time.

I don't know if you're a troll. But it's not that your story isn't sad, or that we can't believe that someone would have a negative problem, it's that a lot of it isn't making any sense.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Jonkam-

I for one got plenty of general warnings and suggestions. My father and brother met my fiancee and we also met my fiancee's mother. My relatives here and elsewhere grandparent's, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc., were far more concerned and said I should just stick to a USC and not deal with the LDR, the possible ulterior motives, and told me to take extra precautions. The people who have met my fiancee have told me I should marry her and she seems like a great girl.

There is no possible way for my friends to meet her before she arrives if our petition and application are both approved, since she is from China and can't come here to visit.

Also like you, when I decided to move forward I also started to read here. I also went and searched on google for things like, "USC marriage to chinese citizen" "Marriage fraud and immigration," and searches of that nature.

Sometimes even with due diligence and being careful you can still get duped. Seeing this post and your story reminds me to keep my eyes open, but my fiancee when compared to several of the women I dated in the past few years is just more my type in several different ways. To imagine her betraying me and duping me is just incredibly painful and so I really feel for your story and situation.

I am not here to be a troll or whatever as some have suggested. I had legit questions. And people have been very helpful. I do not want to scare anyone with a horror story and the like. We all know that i am not the first to experience a situation like this. i wish now that I had been a little more wary. I think many of us, before we started the journey, looked for stories like this. I certainly did. I think experiences like mine and others can only serve to educate future applicants. I hope no one starts to treat their SO's with a "guilty until proven innocent" attitude.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Perhaps I don't have a popular opinion, but perhaps there is a reasonable explanation for what your fiancee is doing? Perhaps you want to continue your efforts to reach out to her and postpone taking any severe actions?

In a lifetime, 10 days is not a lot of time.

Jonkam-

I am not here to be a troll or whatever as some have suggested. I had legit questions. And people have been very helpful. I do not want to scare anyone with a horror story and the like. We all know that i am not the first to experience a situation like this. i wish now that I had been a little more wary. I think many of us, before we started the journey, looked for stories like this. I certainly did. I think experiences like mine and others can only serve to educate future applicants. I hope no one starts to treat their SO's with a "guilty until proven innocent" attitude.

What did you say your wife's port of entry was again?

"One person with a belief is equal to a force of 99 who have only interests."

John Stuart Mill

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i think her living out of her suitcase for 10 days and not unpacking was a sure red flag. what fiance doesn't unpack and start staking her claim on closet and dresser space.

It sounds like she planned this the whole time. i would contact USCIS and cancel the K1 for sure. at least you found out before you married her. i know it still hurts. dont let any shame on this get you with yoru friends or family. You didnt do anything wrong. She will face her consequences. too bad you cant sue her to recoup your costs in the visa etc.

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I had legit questions. And people have been very helpful. I do not want to scare anyone with a horror story and the like. We all know that i am not the first to experience a situation like this. i wish now that I had been a little more wary. I think many of us, before we started the journey, looked for stories like this. I certainly did. I think experiences like mine and others can only serve to educate future applicants. I hope no one starts to treat their SO's with a "guilty until proven innocent" attitude.

In what way?

Funny, that.

I answered your question. You can make an Infopass appointment by going to uscis.gov and following the links from there. You'll select your local office and an available time.

I don't know if you're a troll. But it's not that your story isn't sad, or that we can't believe that someone would have a negative problem, it's that a lot of it isn't making any sense.

as far as not knowing what infopass is. I have heard of it. I never had to use it for my petition and never bothered to find out what it was. I am sorry if i don't know everything about everything related to getting a K-1 VISA.

What part of my story would you like me to make sense of? I tried to keep my OP relatively short. I did not want to post a novel about my last year and a half. Also, forgive me if my mind is not all together the past couple of days.

Jonkam-

What did you say your wife's port of entry was again?

Sorry for not answering. It was Dallas.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.