Meriem_DZ

We were involved in a wreck this morning.

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hachemi has his drivers permit and he was driving to work. I go with him so I can bring the car home. We were stopped to turn left, waiting for traffic when we were hit and it knocked us forward a long way. Not sure how far. Anyway, I got out and I heard a man screaming and crying. It was the driver of the car. I looked at his car and there was a motorcycle under the front of his car and a man laying in the other lane. I ran to him because I am a nurse. He was confused but did not have any obvious trauma. He looked bad, his face was white. I am afraid he has internal injuries. That man was smushed between the car that hit us and our car. OMG. I cant beleive he is even alive. The driver of the car, had blood running down his face. He was screaming, "I am sorry, I killed him, I dont have insurance, I dont have a license, I"M GOING TO JAIL" The motorcycle driver works with Hachemi and he was waiting to turn also. I did not even hear any tires squealing or anything. The tow truck driver thinks my car is totaled. it is bowed and the back doors will not open. I had to just about kick my door to get it to open. I did not want to go in the ambulance, but I do hurt in my neck and shoulders and between my shoulder blades. Hachemi went on to work. He was so upset.

Here are some photos I took with my phone. It is kinda dark because it happened about 5:45am. The gray jeep cherokee is our car. In the third photo. You can see Hachemi talking with the semi driver behind our car.

DSC00463.jpg

DSC00459.jpg

DSC00460.jpg

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

omg thankfully you and your husband are ok. (F) the pictures show a horrible wreck!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

OMG!!!!!!!

Thank GOD you guys were not more seriously injured! That is just awful. I hate that happened to you guys. I've been in a semi-serious wreck before and I think you are just shocked for a couple of days after it happens. Man...I really hate it for ya! I do believe you are going to be much more sore tomorrow. I hope you do go and get checked out just to make sure that you are okay.

Keep us posted!

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

That looks like very serious accident -- that poor, poor man on the motorcycle. Any update on his condition ?

I hope the man with no license and no insurance is in jail instead of continuing to endanger everyone else on the road. Since he is an uninsured driver, your county taxpayers will have to pick up the tab for the injured man's hospital bills. And your insurance will have to cover the damages to your car (and only IF you carry uninsured motorist coverage.) Not a fair situation at all.

But I'm glad to hear you two are OK -- this is the most important thing. What a frightening experience !

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes, very glad you two are ok! There must be something in the air here cuz my car was totaled this past weekend too...

Take care of your neck and shoulders, Meriem, you don't want problems down the line.

I am so sorry to read this! (F)

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Oh my. Glad you two are okay. (F)

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear this! I'm just glad the two of you are ok.

Do you have uninsured coverage with your automobile insurance company? I'm not a sue-happy person, but if I were you, I would be careful before signing any final disbursement papers with them. The effects of an accident can take a very long time to go away, and you don't want to sign away your right to have your future medical expenses paid for.

I hope you feel better soon!

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

They transported the motorcycle driver to the trauma center about 35 miles away. I havent heard anything about his condition. I just got through talking to my insurance co. I do have uninsured motorist insurance. I am getting a rental car today also. I am getting more sore as the time goes by. Even my ankle is now hurting. I will go see my Doctor this afternoon. Thanks everyone for you sweet replies. I need to go wash cappuccino out of my hair. After we got hit, I opened my eyes and my cappicino was suspended in the air and then it went all over everything. lol.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.