csoul

My Interview... Review. Not too good... :-(

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello everyone.

First of all sorry about my english. I will try to do my best.

Today was our interview. We arrived half an hour early to avoid any last minute problem. The security guy took our interview letter and we wait about half an hour to be called (exactly at the time of the interview in the letter) 10:30am

Then we enter with the officer (a 40 years old male guy with glasses) to his office. After the normal pre-interview stuff (like right hand up and said that you are going to say the truth) the officer said "ok show me everything you have".

So we start giving him the marriage certificate and he start to ask to my wife how we meet (she is the US Citizen). She explained very well with all detail and the officer looks with interest. BUT everytime I wanted to talk the officer told me "I prefer that she talk to me". I don't have a perfect english but everybody say that my english is very good and any person could understand me perfectly. So we don't understand why he only wanted to talk with my wife.

He only ask me some "yes/no" questions (like the same in the forms). And ask us about any pictures, receipts, mail and insurance that we have together. So we gave him our joint bank account, affidavits of friend and family, car and health insurance, lot of mails and two photo albums (with lot of trips, our marriage, with friends, family). He saw the albums page by page and photo by photo. He did not take any picture from the album.

After talk with my wife about his family (nothing about mine) about his past and everything. Then he told us, "Ok we are complete, but I can't give you an answer right now" You will need to wait in the mail for the answer...

Was so difficult to accept that answer!! All you guys know that! We want at least Yes or Not to the approval. But now I will wait without any idea of my status. Will be the longest weeks in my life!!

We didn't understand why that happened we gave him everything he requested. EVERYTHING and more so is very frustating to left that office without an answer...!!

I hope everybody will be approved in the interview to avoid this frustration. But at least we don't have a "Denied" in our application yet...

05/25/10 - N-400 package delivered in Phoenix, AZ

06/04/10 - Check cashed

06/10/10 - NOA received

06/16/10 - Case available online

06/17/10 - Case online showing RFE (Biometrics notice) sent on 06/16/10

06/21/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

07/08/10 - Biometrics appointment

07/07/10 - Walk in Biometrics

08/06/10 - Email / Text for for new case status: "Test and Interview"

08/09/10 - Interview Appointment letter received for 09/13/10

09/13/10 - Interview Approved!

09/13/10 - Same Day Ceremony! I am a US Citizen!

Filed: Timeline
Hello everyone.

First of all sorry about my english. I will try to do my best.

Today was our interview. We arrived half an hour early to avoid any last minute problem. The security guy took our interview letter and we wait about half an hour to be called (exactly at the time of the interview in the letter) 10:30am

Then we enter with the officer (a 40 years old male guy with glasses) to his office. After the normal pre-interview stuff (like right hand up and said that you are going to say the truth) the officer said "ok show me everything you have".

So we start giving him the marriage certificate and he start to ask to my wife how we meet (she is the US Citizen). She explained very well with all detail and the officer looks with interest. BUT everytime I wanted to talk the officer told me "I prefer that she talk to me". I don't have a perfect english but everybody say that my english is very good and any person could understand me perfectly. So we don't understand why he only wanted to talk with my wife.

He only ask me some "yes/no" questions (like the same in the forms). And ask us about any pictures, receipts, mail and insurance that we have together. So we gave him our joint bank account, affidavits of friend and family, car and health insurance, lot of mails and two photo albums (with lot of trips, our marriage, with friends, family). He saw the albums page by page and photo by photo. He did not take any picture from the album.

After talk with my wife about his family (nothing about mine) about his past and everything. Then he told us, "Ok we are complete, but I can't give you an answer right now" You will need to wait in the mail for the answer...

Was so difficult to accept that answer!! All you guys know that! We want at least Yes or Not to the approval. But now I will wait without any idea of my status. Will be the longest weeks in my life!!

We didn't understand why that happened we gave him everything he requested. EVERYTHING and more so is very frustating to left that office without an answer...!!

I hope everybody will be approved in the interview to avoid this frustration. But at least we don't have a "Denied" in our application yet...

Why worry before there is any reason to? The fact that the AO spoke more with your wife than with you doesn't indicate anything negative to me. In fact, you could say that were he quizzing you both back and forth, that this method could have been less hopeful.

Pop open a bottle of wine, get something nice to eat, and relax tonight.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

I agree with mermaid. What I was thinking was that he can't give you an answer could simply mean that your FBI background checks have not completed yet.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I agree with mermaid. What I was thinking was that he can't give you an answer could simply mean that your FBI background checks have not completed yet.

I think it sounds like it went pretty well! I am crossing my fingers for you that you're not in background checks!

AOS

AOS Package received in Chicago 4-25-07 (Day 1)

NOA 1 5-01-07 (Day 7)

Cheque Cashed 5-02-07 (Day 8)

Touched 5-04-07 (Day 10)

Biometrics Appointment 5-18-07 (Day 26)

Touched 5-21-07 (Day 29)

Transferred to CSC e-mail 5-25-07 (Day 33)

Touched 5-28-07 (Day 36)

Touched again...feels niiiice! 5-29-07 (Day 37)

Notice of CSC transfer via reg mail 6-01-07 (Day 40)

Touched; 'pending @ CSC' e-mail 6-07-07 (Day 46)

Touched 6-08-07 (Day 47)

Touched 6-10-07 (Day 49)

Touched 6-19-07 (Day 58)

Touched 6-20-07 (Day 59)

Touched 8-31-07 & 9-3-07

Card Production Ordered 10-01-07

Welcome Notice Sent 10-02-07

Lifting of Conditions

Sent 7/13/09

Received at CSC 7/14/09

NOA Receieved (Dated 7/14) 7/18/09

Biometrics Appointment 8/12/09

Touched 8/13/09

The officer being annoyed at your talking to him is for a pretty obvious reason: You're only supposed to answer direct questions. If the officer decided he only needed to talk to your wife, then you should have sat there in silence. This was made very clear to me at my interview.

Edited by Dr_LHA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

In this case the IO would have probably said exactly that, but who knows. Maybe he just needed an approval from is supervisor?

I wouldn't panic - you should be fine :)

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

We had same interview date today!

Where were you interviewed?

I think you're GC is approved the fact that the AO didn't say anything you were denied. AO mostly are very straight forward, our interviewer didn't even say we were approved but we did signed a letter saying I have been granted a conditional GC and the removal of condition stuff! Did you signed anything after the interview?

Relax and pray will help! You are fine!

Hey there gustashot. My wife and I read through your post here, and want you to know to stay confident. We were lucky, our interviewer told us flat out, we were approved and all of our security checks had been done. But you know what? Until the green card came in the mail I was still a little nervous.

I have read where a lot of interviewers are reluctant to tell people they are approved at the end of the interview, so try not to read too much into it. Good luck! As fellow May filer's we are rooting for you and everyone else in our little group (heck everyone) get their approval.

Have you checked the online status? Don't panic if you don't see a change, we received the EAD card and welcome letter a few days after the interview and there was no status change or touch to our AOS for twelve days after our interview.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Timeline

Thank you for all good and positive energy.

waren613: My interview was in Denver. And we didn't sign anything. :-(

ready4ONE: I checked the online status and nothing... no touch or status change.

We will try to relax (my wife, all my family and myself) and just wait for the answer or any online update.

Gustavo.

06/04/10 - Check cashed

06/10/10 - NOA received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Congrats :dance:

AOS from F1 visa

05/02/2007 AOS Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox Day 1

05/25/2007 Biometrics appointment Day 24

07/26/2007 Interview Day 86 Approved

08/06/2007 Green card received Day 97

Removal of Conditions

04/28/2009 I-751 delivered to CSC Day 1

06/27/2009 Biometrics appointment (walk-in) Day 60

07/20/2009 Approval notice issued Day 83

07/22/2009 Received card production email Day 85

07/27/2009 Received green card & approval notice Day 90

Beibehaltungsgenehmigung (BBG)

08/03/2009 Submitted application to German consulate in L.A.

11/20/2009 Approval notice issued Day 109

US Citizenship

04/27/2010 Submitted N400

04/28/2010 N400 delivered Day 1

05/10/2010 Check cashed Day 12

05/13/2010 Received NOA (NOA was issued on 05/10) Day 15

05/20/2010 Received Biometrics notice Day 22

06/11/2010 Biometrics appointment (walk-in) Day 44

06/22/2010 Online Status changed to Testing & Interview Day 55

06/23/2010 Received interview notice in the mail Day 56

07/26/2010 Interview Day 89 Approved

08/24/2010 Oath Ceremony Day 118

My card making blog: http://silkeshimazu.wordpress.com/

Timeline

Sorry my last post with the following information was removed because I forgot to delete the case number... but here is again!

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSCXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR

TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On August 21, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

06/04/10 - Check cashed

06/10/10 - NOA received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.