SteveLaura

Biggest poll EVER!

Could this become the biggest poll EVER?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this poll reach astronomical numbers?

• Yes, I wanna be a part of VJ history!
    • No, I don't care... Oh, bollocks!
  2. 2. Will you continually bump this thread, risking the annoyance of fellow members?

• Absolutely! Anything to piss people off, me!
    • No, I have paint I need to watch dry first.
  3. 3. Any questions?

• Why?
    • Are you here legally?
    • Do you, in all honestly, have a life?
    • What's the capital of Tonga?
    • Got any more of that good ###### yer smokin'?
    • If a train leaves Chicago at 8.05am, travelling at 35mph...
    • What exactly IS the definition of irony?
    • How much wood would a woodchuck chuck...?
    • Did the straitjacket slip off again?
    • Is this what happens when you give Liberals too much damn free speech?
    • What's the best that you can do if you get caught between the moon and NYC?
    • Where's my doughnut?

3,034 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
I was gonna wait, but, hell, why not...

2002084849.jpg

Only for those that vote, mind. Lurkers can ####### off and get their own. There, I've said it.

A story:

We went to the Krispy Kreme store in Seattle one night...it was near the end of a Mariner's game (which we did not attend) and the store was at that moment cranking out the gooey goodness that is Diabetic Coma Donut. As we walked in, cold, tired, hungry....a worker handed each of us a free, hot, fresh Krispy Kreme. My darling took his donut and said "America is the greatest country in the world."

The end.

And btw, after 2 advanced degrees in English and a teaching post for the last 9 years, I'd like to know....what IS the definition of irony?

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Irony is a form of utterance that postulates a double audience, consisting of one party that hearing shall hear & shall not understand, & another party that, when more is meant than meets the ear, is aware both of that more & of the outsiders’ incomprehension.

Irony threatens authoritative models of discourse by "removing the semantic security of ‘one signifier : one signified’"; irony has some of its foundation in the onlooker’s perception of paradox which arises from insoluble problems.

Source

So that clears that up, then.

"It's not the years; it's the mileage." Indiana Jones

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
:pop: brought my own drink..lol

I-129F

13 April 2007--Mailed I-129F (Processed at California Service Center)

18 April 2007--Received NOA1

13 Aug. 2007--Received NOA2

09 Oct. 2007--Medical in London

08 Nov. 2007--Visa Interview & Approved

14 Nov. 2007--Pete receives K1 visa in the mail

21 Nov. 2007-- Pete arrives in the United States (together at last!!)

27 Dec. 2007--Our 3 year anniversary of being engaged

16 Feb. 2008--We were married!!

AOS

........ho hum....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I thought it was a black fly in your chardonnay

Funny thing. Wanted to make a sandwich last night. Went to the silverware drawer to get me a cutting implement. What did I find? 10,000 bloody spoons. Couldn't help thinking to myself, "Well, isn't that... the biggest silverware drawer. Ever."

"It's not the years; it's the mileage." Indiana Jones

Now that you mention it, unbeknownst to all, I have been posting from Death Row for a crime I did not commit. I got my execution order last night. Meanwhile up in Sacremento, Arnie realized this gross miscarriage of justice and demanded I be pardoned. Unfortunately, it was 2 minutes too late. Which was......well, it meant I was dead. Coincidentally, I won the lottery only the day before.

90day.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Now that you mention it, unbeknownst to all, I have been posting from Death Row for a crime I did not commit. I got my execution order last night. Meanwhile up in Sacremento, Arnie realized this gross miscarriage of justice and demanded I be pardoned. Unfortunately, it was 2 minutes too late. Which was......well, it meant I was dead. Coincidentally, I won the lottery only the day before.

Heh, after I gave the shuttle driver a buck and sat down, a big sign that said, "Free Shuttle Service" stared right back at me. I was too embarassed to ask him for my dollar back.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Of course the best that you can do between the Moon and NYC....is fall in love. but if there are baseball tickets available I'll take those! :jest: :jest:

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

i just want my free doughnut :whistle:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
i just want my free doughnut :whistle:

here ya go...

23048565.jpg

I took a bite out of it... what?? I was was hungry!! :P

who cares, that damn thing looks YUMMY!!!!! :P

hahaha Marilyn

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!