braiannagoodluck

DIY marriage green card timeline?

15 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! 

I am working on my marriage green card application by myself, and I live in Massachusetts.

I mailed all forms and materials to Chicago by USPS on 3/28/2024, and the package has been delivered on 3/30/2024. 

However, until today, 4/22/2024, I still haven't received any text or email from USCIS, which means I haven't received any kind of receipt from USCIS. 

I tried phone calls and online chat, but I didn't have any chance can talk to a real  USCIS representative.

My question is, is it my situation normal? Is it normal that I haven't received any receipt from USCIS for almost one month?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~MOved to IR1/CR1 P&P, from Bringing Family of USC- the OP is filing for a spouse which is discussed here.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You are part of the 1st April rush.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, braiannagoodluck said:

We wanted to save money so mailed the application out before 4/1, and we also thought that could be the reason that why we haven't received any receipt. 🥲

Most likely, yes.  This a manual intake process, and there would have been a rush.  Other possibility is it arrived to late for the old fee, or there is another reason for rejecting and returning your package and payment.  At this point, just wait and see.  Are you sure the package was delivered in time.  March 30 was a Saturday.  The intake facility doesn't work on Saturday.  Were the increased fees based on receipt date or mailing date?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

5 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Most likely, yes.  This a manual intake process, and there would have been a rush.  Other possibility is it arrived to late for the old fee, or there is another reason for rejecting and returning your package and payment.  At this point, just wait and see.  Are you sure the package was delivered in time.  March 30 was a Saturday.  The intake facility doesn't work on Saturday.  Were the increased fees based on receipt date or mailing date?

Thanks for replying me.

We know March 30 was a Saturday. The increased fees are based on the postmark. If it's before 4/1, then no need to charge the increased fees. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, braiannagoodluck said:

Thanks for replying me.

We know March 30 was a Saturday. The increased fees are based on the postmark. If it's before 4/1, then no need to charge the increased fees. 

Then it is probably not anything but a backlog due to the last minute rush.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline

We just filed, FedEx arrived at the Dallas office 3/29.

We literally got the receipt letters in the mail Monday (4/22).

I'd say just keep checking.

I did not get an e-mail, but my spouse did (he is the green card candidate, I am the citizen).  E-mail basically said, something happened with your application... went out and checked the mailbox, there were four letters, one addressed to me (I-130) and three addressed to him (I-485, I-765, I-131).

1 hour ago, hmwtx said:

We just filed, FedEx arrived at the Dallas office 3/29.

We literally got the receipt letters in the mail Monday (4/22).

I'd say just keep checking.

I did not get an e-mail, but my spouse did (he is the green card candidate, I am the citizen).  E-mail basically said, something happened with your application... went out and checked the mailbox, there were four letters, one addressed to me (I-130) and three addressed to him (I-485, I-765, I-131).

Actually we just got back news today!!!😭😭😭

My application package was returned by USCIS with a letter says my package was received in open/damaged condition, so they couldn't accept it!!!

I checked it and found the envelope was damaged, but all the contents were good. I prefer to hear that they still could accept the case and review all the forms/materials, rather than just simply return me the package!!!! I don't know if anywhere of USCIS can let me explain that I'm not supposed to pay the increased fees. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, braiannagoodluck said:

Actually we just got back news today!!!😭😭😭

My application package was returned by USCIS with a letter says my package was received in open/damaged condition, so they couldn't accept it!!!

I checked it and found the envelope was damaged, but all the contents were good. I prefer to hear that they still could accept the case and review all the forms/materials, rather than just simply return me the package!!!! I don't know if anywhere of USCIS can let me explain that I'm not supposed to pay the increased fees. 

Unless your letter says otherwise, you must pay the current fee.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Man, that is horrible!

This is why I chose FedEx, I just don't trust the US post office anymore.  Takes forever and they always seem to lose or damage the most important stuff.  Bills, those they can deliver, but other things... no.

I hope that the rest (restart) of your saga goes without such problems.

3 hours ago, hmwtx said:

Man, that is horrible!

This is why I chose FedEx, I just don't trust the US post office anymore.  Takes forever and they always seem to lose or damage the most important stuff.  Bills, those they can deliver, but other things... no.

I hope that the rest (restart) of your saga goes without such problems.

Thank you!

I am also thinking about using Fedex or UPS to resend the application. 

All the forms were signed on 3/27 because we mailed out on 3/28, don't know if need to update the date before resending them. 

Timeline

That should not make a difference.  After working in the legal field for many years, it is not the date you signed it that matters, it is the date they receive it and that it was signed before they got it.  You correctly dated them on the day you signed them, why change it now?  Assuming that nothing else in the form has changed, it is still the same as it was on that day.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
12 minutes ago, hmwtx said:

That should not make a difference.  After working in the legal field for many years, it is not the date you signed it that matters, it is the date they receive it and that it was signed before they got it.  You correctly dated them on the day you signed them, why change it now?  Assuming that nothing else in the form has changed, it is still the same as it was on that day.

Agree

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

5 hours ago, hmwtx said:

Thanks, I will just resend the application package. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.