Ner

Administrative Processing for K1 fiance

18 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

My fiancé's K1 fiancé visa is currently undergoing administrative processing, his interview was in Beirut Lebanon on March 19th, 2024. I'm sure everyone knows the unfortunate conflict that is taking place in Lebanon currently and my fiance and his family had escaped and fled from southern Lebanon since beginning of October to find safety. We were obviously extremely upset once we found out the visa had to go through administrative processing because #1 we want to finally be with each other and start our lives together and 2 which is so important I want to get my fiancé to safety and bring him over to me. He has been impacted heavily during this conflict with him fleeing from his home and his family's home getting damaged due to the bombardments around it. It has been such a traumatizing hard time recently and not knowing when we will hear back from them about his visa is absolutely heart shattering. I searched it up what reasons could possibly be counted to expediate his process or hear something back and I saw somewhere where they mentioned a humanitarian reason could be a good reason to have your case expedited. He is suffering from this conflict tremendously wouldn't this be considered a "humanitarian reason"?? I know it has only been a month but the conflict is still going on and were living with extreme anxiety and depression due to it and due to the wait..  Please any advice could help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

At least he is somewhere safe.

He has had his interview and anyway Humanitarian reasons would be focussed on you nit him.

AP well you are just waiting and coming from the area he did I could imagine it not being easy or quick to undertake.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

54 minutes ago, Ner said:

My fiancé's K1 fiancé visa is currently undergoing administrative processing, his interview was in Beirut Lebanon on March 19th, 2024. I'm sure everyone knows the unfortunate conflict that is taking place in Lebanon currently and my fiance and his family had escaped and fled from southern Lebanon since beginning of October to find safety. We were obviously extremely upset once we found out the visa had to go through administrative processing because #1 we want to finally be with each other and start our lives together and 2 which is so important I want to get my fiancé to safety and bring him over to me. He has been impacted heavily during this conflict with him fleeing from his home and his family's home getting damaged due to the bombardments around it. It has been such a traumatizing hard time recently and not knowing when we will hear back from them about his visa is absolutely heart shattering. I searched it up what reasons could possibly be counted to expediate his process or hear something back and I saw somewhere where they mentioned a humanitarian reason could be a good reason to have your case expedited. He is suffering from this conflict tremendously wouldn't this be considered a "humanitarian reason"?? I know it has only been a month but the conflict is still going on and were living with extreme anxiety and depression due to it and due to the wait..  Please any advice could help.

Unfortunately, no.  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I've seen a case similar to yours. Someone also from southern Lebanon who had a K1 filed and went for an interview. Their visa was approved after 11 months. I filed for my parents recently and they underwent AP for 20 days only. The embassy contacted them after 20 days and requested their passports and next day gave them back with visas. Good luck.

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

My parents did their interview and they send only my dad’s case to administrative processing on 03/05/24 in Lebanon Beirut, and we are still waiting as well, I asked immigration lawyer and he stated that after waiting 1 year from date of I-130 you can file a mandamus lawsuit in case you didn’t hear any feedback from them. Please keep us posted if you hear anything back from them! Thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi, wishing you the best, I'm also in AP, been in AP for 8 months with a Russian fiancé. You aren't alone! Check out the regional forums for MENA if you haven't. 

On 4/16/2024 at 5:59 AM, Boiler said:

At least he is somewhere safe.

He has had his interview and anyway Humanitarian reasons would be focussed on you nit him.

AP well you are just waiting and coming from the area he did I could imagine it not being easy or quick to undertake.

Any updates ?

On 4/17/2024 at 12:41 PM, lisaabr said:

My interview was also on March 19 and I was given the ds5535 to fill and I'm waiting for the embassy to contact me

It is not easy to wait but try to stay positive AP is a normal process if you submitted all the documents he should be fine Good Luck and Mabrouk!

Any updates in your case?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.