littleredscooty

221g - CLU date & other questions

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

221g issued at Mumbai consulate on 04/02. Fiancé was given a white slip that stated file was incomplete therefore undergoing administrative processing. There were no further directions and officer told fiancé he didn’t need to submit or do anything else and AP

would be done in 1-2 weeks. CEAC website shows the case status last updated April 04, and still says refused but the same message that we would be contacted once AP is complete displays. Is it normal for the  case last update date to change while undergoing AP or does this mean it’s been refused in full? Our petition expires 04/06, do we need to contact them to ask them to extend it so it doesn’t expire while they do AP? Thanks all 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, littleredscooty said:

221g issued at Mumbai consulate on 04/02. Fiancé was given a white slip that stated file was incomplete therefore undergoing administrative processing. There were no further directions and officer told fiancé he didn’t need to submit or do anything else and AP

would be done in 1-2 weeks. CEAC website shows the case status last updated April 04, and still says refused but the same message that we would be contacted once AP is complete displays. Is it normal for the  case last update date to change while undergoing AP or does this mean it’s been refused in full? Our petition expires 04/06, do we need to contact them to ask them to extend it so it doesn’t expire while they do AP? Thanks all 

.My husband was issued a 221g white slip as well in January at his IR1 visa interview in Mumbai. Our case status  was listed as refused,but not put in administrative processing. He needed to submit additional documentation and we have been waiting the past two months for a decision. Our case status date has changed over 8 times since then. There’s not much you can do at this point , except wait it out and hopefully for you the 1-2 week time frame is accurate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We are going through this obstacle right now too as my fiancé was given a white slip refusal for her K-1 visa the US Embassy in Jerusalem and their section 221G asking him to submit more documents. She had to travel and fly to Israel it just devastating and very expensive to stay over there and I’m not sure how long it’s going to take after we sent the necessary documents.

10 minutes ago, K1visak2 said:

We are going through this obstacle right now too as my fiancé was given a white slip refusal for her K-1 visa the US Embassy in Jerusalem and their section 221G asking him to submit more documents. She had to travel and fly to Israel it just devastating and very expensive to stay over there and I’m not sure how long it’s going to take after we sent the necessary documents.

OP states that in this case, no documentation was requested.   Yours had requests for multiple documents, so it is not similar.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
17 minutes ago, K1visak2 said:

The situation is different.  Please post within your own thread (merged and moved to the Russia regional forum).

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.