1,198 posts in this topic

On 1/20/2024 at 11:23 AM, yink said:

Hello fam, I need your advice on my long pending Vawa case, filed for I360, I765, I485 in June 2019 . See below my timeline:

1)  Jun 2019 - USCIS received (I360, I485, I765) form

2)  received a series of Prima Facie and have a valid one that would expire soon

3) received a series of EAD cards and renewed every 2 years

4)  Aug. 2019 - Case updated (I485) to show fingerprints were taken

5) Mar 2022 - (I360) We received your correspondence for form I360

6) Mar 2022 - (I360) We updated your name for form I360

7) Jul 2022 - (I360) Correspondence was received and USCIS is reviewing it

8.) Aug 2022 - (I131) Applied for EAD-AP combo

9)  Aug 2022 - (I131) We received your case for Application for travel document

10) April 2023 - (I131) The fingerprint relating to your form I131 was taken

11) Jun 2023 - (I360) Sent inquiry about why the case is taking longer than the processing time

12) Jun  2023 -  (I360) USCIS responded that the case not ready for decision because security checks remain pending

13) Oct. 2023 - (I131) Card approved for EAD-AP card ( 5yrs Validity)

It's been 4yrs 7 months waiting and Vawa has not yet been approved because of the security check pending. I need advice on the next step.

Thanks

I Would say the next steps would definitely need a lawyers input . If I were you I would 1)inquire through your local congressman 

2) Inquire through Ombudsman 

3) Depending on the outcome of the first 2  the next one is finding a good lawyer that specializes in writ of mandamus ( suing the agency to make a decision on your case ) 

Hello VJ Family ! 

Has anyone dealt with this kind of situation before . Lawyer says they haven’t received a response and it’s just customer service closing out the service request . SR was responded by assigning to an officer . But it clearly says on the case update that they have sent a response . I would appreciate any info on this matter . Thank you !

94D582F5-F0C8-42D6-999B-7097B634766B.jpeg

2 hours ago, Reister said:

Hello VJ Family ! 

Has anyone dealt with this kind of situation before . Lawyer says they haven’t received a response and it’s just customer service closing out the service request . SR was responded by assigning to an officer . But it clearly says on the case update that they have sent a response . I would appreciate any info on this matter . Thank you !

Just give it few more days to see if your lawyer receives anything. In this instance your  attorney might be right. There were occasions where i didn't receive anything from uscis even though they said they sent the response. 

I'm in the exact similar situation as the person who posted before me. I sent my I-360 packet on June 2019. RFE request responded by August 2021 and then the BIG SILENCE begun.

I have been issued and renewed I-131(Travel paroles) twice. I was advised by someone on this thread to apply for EAD based on my old I-485 which helped a lot, but again the same EAD is about to expire and its very stressful.

Between 2019 to 2022 I tried everything, from Ombudsman to contacting White-House to Senators to Congressmen to making USCIS service request to calling USCIS Phone to sending letters to USCIS Vermont service center but NONE made any difference! As a matter of fact, Vermont responded by denying all My expedite requests at once and thats their most recent status update since 2022.

According to Vermont my case is stuck because of "FBI SECURITY CHECKS."

Latest update: Two weeks ago I sent an email to the Senator's office, requesting help in regards to my case and the attached email was his response, quite frankly its like telling me "NO OPTION" since I don't have anything for expedite other than my case is way out of regular processing time.

ANY COMMENTS PLEASE?

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2024-01-30 at 7.27.37 AM.png

Today my attorney called me and tells 

me that my ex called them and ask about my information and wants to divorce etc complain about me  . They didn’t give any info but it’s so strange how she found them it has been 7 years. I got approved vawa and waiting termination is she acting can effect me? Do I need to go again to police station?

28 minutes ago, mtuu said:

I'm in the exact similar situation as the person who posted before me. I sent my I-360 packet on June 2019. RFE request responded by August 2021 and then the BIG SILENCE begun.

I have been issued and renewed I-131(Travel paroles) twice. I was advised by someone on this thread to apply for EAD based on my old I-485 which helped a lot, but again the same EAD is about to expire and its very stressful.

Between 2019 to 2022 I tried everything, from Ombudsman to contacting White-House to Senators to Congressmen to making USCIS service request to calling USCIS Phone to sending letters to USCIS Vermont service center but NONE made any difference! As a matter of fact, Vermont responded by denying all My expedite requests at once and thats their most recent status update since 2022.

According to Vermont my case is stuck because of "FBI SECURITY CHECKS."

Latest update: Two weeks ago I sent an email to the Senator's office, requesting help in regards to my case and the attached email was his response, quite frankly its like telling me "NO OPTION" since I don't have anything for expedite other than my case is way out of regular processing time.

ANY COMMENTS PLEASE?

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2024-01-30 at 7.27.37 AM.png

Writ of Mandamus I guess is your last option . 

4 hours ago, Hope21 said:

Today my attorney called me and tells 

me that my ex called them and ask about my information and wants to divorce etc complain about me  . They didn’t give any info but it’s so strange how she found them it has been 7 years. I got approved vawa and waiting termination is she acting can effect me? Do I need to go again to police station?

Please check your email that it is not hacked, what do you think how She got your lawyers number or if there is someone who can provide these details to her. I am not sure if police is going to do anything about it, but doesn't hurt to get it registered.

1 hour ago, Priya25 said:

Please check your email that it is not hacked, what do you think how She got your lawyers number or if there is someone who can provide these details to her. I am not sure if police is going to do anything about it, but doesn't hurt to get it registered.

I changed my email password everything and  I don’t  have any social media still a lot of doubts how she found them even was threatening them they didn’t give any info. Thinking thinking.  Problem I didn’t divorce yet I got approved and waiting termination now thinking why I didn’t divorce :( just don’t want her to see me because before she attempted to scary with her gun now it will be real if she found .:( I am scary because we don’t know who is behind us .:(

Edited by Hope21

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 1/30/2024 at 2:38 AM, Reister said:

Hello VJ Family ! 

It is a statement that says because you are VAWA, you cannot make online inquires. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Reister said:

It’s for I 485 . My 360 was approved almost 3 years ago 

It doesn’t matter you are classified VAWA for life. You still cannot make online inquires. Anytime you do, you will get this with a letter mailed to you saying you cannot make online inquires and to write to Vermont. 

51 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

It doesn’t matter you are classified VAWA for life. You still cannot make online inquires. Anytime you do, you will get this with a letter mailed to you saying you cannot make online inquires and to write to Vermont. 

It’s confusing . When they transferred the case to Nebraska . They sent a letter saying they have a jurisdiction over the case now . If you write to a Vermont . Wouldn’t you receive a letter saying they don’t have a jurisdiction over a case ?

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Reister said:

It’s confusing . When they transferred the case to Nebraska . They sent a letter saying they have a jurisdiction over the case now . If you write to a Vermont . Wouldn’t you receive a letter saying they don’t have a jurisdiction over a case ?

If Nebraska has jurisdiction send it to there. I said Vermont because there are people that still have cases there. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Wednesday... time for our much-needed Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

=============================================================

"WHAT'S YOUR NAME, SAILOR?"

A crusty Navy Master Chief noticed a new face in his unit and barked at him immediately.

"Get over here!  What's your name, sailor?"

"John," the new seaman replied.

"Look, I don't know what kind of bleeding-heart pansy junk they're teaching sailors in boot camp these days, but I don't call anyone by his first name!" said the chief.  "Familiarity leads to a breakdown in authority.  I refer to my sailors by their last names only -- Smith, Jones, Baker, Jackson, whatever.  And you are to refer to me as 'Master Chief.'"

He gave the sailor a threatening glare.  "Do I make myself clear?"

"Aye, aye, Master Chief!"

"Now that we've got that straight, what's your last name?"

The seaman said, "Darling -- my name is John Darling, Master Chief."

"OK, John, here's what I want you to do..."

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.