1,216 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Guys my I-360 has been approved! Yesterday I got a message that my card is being produced and today that my case has been approved and I will receive an approval notice. Question: what card will i receive? I only submitted I-360 vawa. My timeline: November 2019, rfe for good moral character in March 2020. 4 years wait! 

Congratulations! You will receive EAD C31. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Guys my I-360 has been approved! Yesterday I got a message that my card is being produced and today that my case has been approved and I will receive an approval notice. Question: what card will i receive? I only submitted I-360 vawa. My timeline: November 2019, rfe for good moral character in March 2020. 4 years wait! 

2 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

You will receive the employment authorization category under the C(31).

In the event that you did not file for adjustment of status when you received the approval notice, you must submit Forms I-485, I131, I765, I864W, and G1145 and pay the USCIS fees; if you cannot afford the fees, you should submit Form I-912. 

5 hours ago, Sandra G. said:

You will receive the employment authorization category under the C(31).

In the event that you did not file for adjustment of status when you received the approval notice, you must submit Forms I-485, I131, I765, I864W, and G1145 and pay the USCIS fees; if you cannot afford the fees, you should submit Form I-912. 

I'm out of the country..had to leave because my mum is sick. Can I still file all the above documents? How much time do I have to file I-485? 

41 minutes ago, Rosa Garcia said:

I'm out of the country..had to leave because my mum is sick. Can I still file all the above documents? How much time do I have to file I-485? 

You cannot file adjustment of status documents outside of the US.

I don't understand your history, based on your previous messages you had I-751, meaning you had a Green Card.

If you have a Green Card, you don't need to go through AOS again.

Edited by OldUser

I filed both I-751 vawa (i got conditional green card that expired) and I-360 vawa. I-751 was denied. I filed another one to get my I-551 stamp to travel and work, it's still pending as I filed only few months ago. In a meantime my i-360 was approved, but I am abroad. What are my options? USCIS may deny or approve pending I-751 vawa or maybe I just withdraw it? I still have valid stamp until Uscis denies my application, which can happen soon or in a few years. I'm not sure how it works with I-485? How much time do I have to file if I come back to the states in the nearest future? Or maybe I should not file at all? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
14 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

my I-360 has been approved!

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

[Note to T-B.'s self:  Jokes worked again... jokes worked again... :P ]

14 hours ago, Reto said:

The  joke worked again 🎉🎉🙏🙏

I just said that!  :P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

10 hours ago, OldUser said:

You cannot file adjustment of status documents outside of the US.

I don't understand your history, based on your previous messages you had I-751, meaning you had a Green Card.

If you have a Green Card, you don't need to go through AOS again.

10 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

I filed both I-751 vawa (i got conditional green card that expired) and I-360 vawa. I-751 was denied. I filed another one to get my I-551 stamp to travel and work, it's still pending as I filed only few months ago. In a meantime my i-360 was approved, but I am abroad. What are my options? USCIS may deny or approve pending I-751 vawa or maybe I just withdraw it? I still have valid stamp until Uscis denies my application, which can happen soon or in a few years. I'm not sure how it works with I-485? How much time do I have to file if I come back to the states in the nearest future? Or maybe I should not file at all? 

@sandrag @OldUser @mindthegap  

18 hours ago, 2020filer said:

does anyone have a link to writ of mandamus filing? thank you!

Here you go

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/799745-how-to-file-a-mandamus-in-federal-court/

duh

Timeline
14 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

You can't  adjust status abroad.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

First and foremost, the I-751 WAIVER is not a VAWA petition, it is a waiver based on abuse.

You messed up filing form I360. You refiled form I751, WHY DID YOU FILE FORM i-360? if good faith was the basis for the I-751 denial, what steps would you take to prove bona fide marriage in your VAWA claim?  Hire an attorney, your case is messy.

filed both I-751 vawa (i got conditional green card that expired) and I-360 vawa. I-751 was denied. I filed another one to get my I-551 stamp to travel and work, it's still pending as I filed only few months ago. In a meantime my i-360 was approved, but I am abroad. What are my options? USCIS may deny or approve pending I-751 vawa or maybe I just withdraw it? I still have valid stamp until Uscis denies my application, which can happen soon or in a few years. I'm not sure how it works with I-485? How much time do I have to file if I come back to the states in the nearest future? Or maybe I should not file at all? 

Edited by Sandra G.

1 hour ago, igoyougoduke said:

Thank you! 

guys, do you know if we are allowed to use medicaid with approved VAWA?

On 12/13/2023 at 7:57 AM, Sandra G. said:

You mentioned "  I submitted a motion to reschedule my removal proceeding."

Once your Vawa is approved, you need to FILE A MOTION to terminate removal proceedings. If the VAWA petition isn't approved, then your attorney has to ask to close the removal and once your Vawa is approved, the attorney asks to terminate the removal.

My case actually administratively closed once I got approved then I should re calendar instead of reopen  it and then it will go to court docket  . Then I can ask the judge termination because I have a relief path. I checked here and online it should be that way but of course might be different . Judge receive my motion to re schedule and they sent me a letter which is no date just TBD I don’t know how long it will take to give me date . I also got email from Congress person my case 485 at local field office under review. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.