Prittiglad

I-130 Petition for minor child

14 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Prittiglad said:

Does anyone here have the same situation? filing I-130 petition for minor child. Is there anyway i could speed up my petition since my child are minor? 

I don't think you can speed up the process unless you have a special situation - minors aren't a special situation. I filed for my two sons, 9 and 11, in Sept 2022 and we've just gotten to the NVC approvals and waiting for the interview times.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, assila said:

I don't think you can speed up the process unless you have a special situation - minors aren't a special situation. I filed for my two sons, 9 and 11, in Sept 2022 and we've just gotten to the NVC approvals and waiting for the interview times.

I see. It's so frustrating because my mom that taking care of my children just had her interview this month and just waiting for her visa, she is coming here in the US on May 2024. No one will take care of my kids back home that's why im so worried because they are minors. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Are you a USC or LPR?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

You say F2a which suggests LPR, you post in the USC forum and your Mother suggests USC.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Are you a USC or LPR?

USC 

4 hours ago, assila said:

I see. It's so frustrating because my mom that taking care of my children just had her interview this month and just waiting for her visa, she is coming here in the US on May 2024. No one will take care of my kids back home that's why im so worried because they are minors. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Boiler said:

You say F2a which suggests LPR, you post in the USC forum and your Mother suggests USC.

Thank you for letting me know, I already changed it to IR-2. 

2 hours ago, Prittiglad said:

USC 

Then it will he much quicker than if you were F2A. When did you apply for them? If your Mum can’t stay (does she have to move in May or could she delay it??) then as above, you’ll have to go and look after them until they get their visas. You could try asking for an expedite but I don’t think you have a valid reason for it. 

Timeline
42 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Then it will he much quicker than if you were F2A. When did you apply for them? If your Mum can’t stay (does she have to move in May or could she delay it??) then as above, you’ll have to go and look after them until they get their visas. You could try asking for an expedite but I don’t think you have a valid reason for it. 

I applied last November 2023. My mom already have 

44 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

I reslly want to but as much as i want to stay with them back home, I can't because i don't have anyone to support us financially im a single mom. 

Timeline

The only option seems to be to delay your Mothers case.

38 minutes ago, Prittiglad said:

I reslly want to but as much as i want to stay with them back home, I can't because i don't have anyone to support us financially im a single mom. 

Ok, so you’re quite a way off him getting the visa. I agree with @Boiler, if your Mum doesn’t have her visa yet then the only option seems to be to delay hers until your son can catch up. 

7 hours ago, Prittiglad said:

It will be about 1 year maybe more until your children receive their visas. 
USCIS/ NVC will say you could have delayed your mother’s case/ interview if you had no one to look after them. 
Mom can come to the US to activate her visa then she can return to look after your children. 
She will have to return to the US before she is out do the country for 6 months. Or she can file I131 to allow her to stay outside the US for up to 2 years.

Many people have the same issue as you… unfortunately USCIS does not care that your children are minors. They have to wait for their petition to be processed just like everyone else. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.