8 posts in this topic

Hello, guys, The appointment was on January 23, they gave us a 221g because a birth certificate and an I-864 were missing.

Documents sent two days later and was received at the consulate on January 30-31.

On the 9th they say that it is in administrative process, from rejected to administrative process.

Someone knows how long it could take approximately (I know that there are never exact times and everything depends) but for example the same consul who interviewed us said that once the documents were sent that the process can take 2-3 weeks. I don't know how real that is, but he said it.

IMG_8448.thumb.jpeg.7973e82190b8f24b41b871a8d0160c5c.jpeg

Edited by Piti

Hi. I think this is a good sign. Since they received the necessary documents, and the status changed from “Refused” to “Administrative Processing” it should soon change to “Issued.”

My family members are also going through this situation and I hope nothing but the best. 

Hace 7 horas, HK1 dijo:

Hola. Creo que esta es una buena señal. Dado que recibieron los documentos necesarios, y el estado cambió de "Rechazado" a "Procesamiento administrativo", pronto debería cambiar a "Emitido".

Los miembros de mi familia también están pasando por esta situación y no espero nada más que lo mejor.

How long have you been in that process? Have you already sent the documents and the embassy told you that it was received?

It should be updated within two business days , as it states in the case update. And everything is necessary administrative processing these days even the issuing of the visa.  Best of luck. 

Edited by Amunah

4 hours ago, Piti said:

How long have you been in that process? Have you already sent the documents and the embassy told you that it was received?

Interview was on January 29th and then my family received a 221g to submit additional documents. The documents were sent within 2 days and arrived at the embassy on February 2nd. Case still says “Refused” so we are worried.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.