Areeb Abdullah

I-130 Affidavit Sample for Bonafide Marriage (CR1 visa)

32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Dear Community,

Could someone kindly provide a sample of a sworn affidavit? My partner and I recently got married but currently live in different countries; she resides in the States while I'm in Canada. As young individuals, we lack extensive proof of our relationship, but we have gathered some evidence, including photos, plane tickets, beneficiary for retirement accounts, joint account details, credit card statements with her authorization, and some shared bills.

While we understand that affidavits may not carry significant weight on their own, we believe that including them could strengthen our case. We would greatly appreciate it if someone could provide a sample with sensitive information appropriately concealed. Thank you sincerely for your assistance. :)

Timeline
3 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Who's gonna write those affidavits? Friends, people who know you as a couple? 

Yes, her brother and father. 

from my side it would be my father and my sister!

Just now, Areeb Abdullah said:

Yes, her brother and father. 

from my side it would be my father and my sister!

What about people outside of her or your family?

Family affidavits are even less valuable, because families are interested parties.

Here's example:

https://citizenpath.com/i-130-affidavit-sample-spouse/

Timeline
7 minutes ago, OldUser said:

What about people outside of her or your family?

Family affidavits are even less valuable, because families are interested parties.

Here's example:

https://citizenpath.com/i-130-affidavit-sample-spouse/

I’ll add her teacher or so who were involved in the marriage period too. 

are 5 affidavit good enough?

thank you for the link, I appreciate it

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I'll be contrary here.  I say skip the affidavits altogether.  Actually that is the most common advice here on VJ regarding affidavits.  At best they are useless, but more likely to simply make you look desperate. You are seeing this as one of many options listed after these words, "In addition to the required...." (so not required)  and "one or more of...."

Newlyweds are wise to concentrate on actual evidence of time spent together in person, and examples of how and how frequently you communicate.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

3 hours ago, pushbrk said:

I'll be contrary here.  I say skip the affidavits altogether.  Actually that is the most common advice here on VJ regarding affidavits.  At best they are useless, but more likely to simply make you look desperate. You are seeing this as one of many options listed after these words, "In addition to the required...." (so not required)  and "one or more of...."

Newlyweds are wise to concentrate on actual evidence of time spent together in person, and examples of how and how frequently you communicate.

I would agree with this. I could write an affidavit saying I knew you, but what would that prove? 

photos are very strong evidence. Do you have some from your wedding? With friends and family on too? That’s excellent if so - especially if some had to travel out of country to your wedding. 

honeymoon? Receipts (plane, hotel) and photos again are strong. 

I would focus hugely on this. We were together a long time before we got married (despite being nagged at constantly..!) so in our photos you see us getting older, greyer and fatter!! No one can argue with that!!!

Timeline
7 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Thank you, I’ll consult this with my wife. 

Out of topic question if you don’t mind answering, we would appreciate it.

So I there’s no designated place to submit the I-130a for the beneficiary online, where would I be submitting this?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Areeb Abdullah said:

Thank you, I’ll consult this with my wife. 

Out of topic question if you don’t mind answering, we would appreciate it.

So I there’s no designated place to submit the I-130a for the beneficiary online, where would I be submitting this?

You will upload a scan of it while logged in to file the I-130.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
4 hours ago, Cw1977 said:

I would agree with this. I could write an affidavit saying I knew you, but what would that prove? 

photos are very strong evidence. Do you have some from your wedding? With friends and family on too? That’s excellent if so - especially if some had to travel out of country to your wedding. 

honeymoon? Receipts (plane, hotel) and photos again are strong. 

I would focus hugely on this. We were together a long time before we got married (despite being nagged at constantly..!) so in our photos you see us getting older, greyer and fatter!! No one can argue with that!!!

Understandable.

How would I be proving someone had to travel out of country for our wedding? Would I be posting their ticket? 

I do have all the recommended photos and required documents for proof of bonafide marriage. Just stuff like lease, insurance and so are missing as we don’t live together yet. 

We haven’t known each other for a long time so we don’t have much old photos, but plenty of different photos at different occasions with different people. 

Questions, if you don’t mind answering. We would appreciate it.

How many pictures would you recommend? Did you label them with who’s on the photo? Give a description? How many photos in one page? 

I’d say I’d have about 30-40 pages of PDF which would include everything, how would one upload this huge file? Do I need to write a cover letter for each item I have? For example, my bank statement which has both of our names..do I write a small cover letter before the statement stating that on the next page we have our joint account which we put some of our savings in for our future so and so 

If not, How many pages of cover letter would you recommend for the main page? And what are they very key important points are needed to be added.

thank you once again, we greatly appreciate it.

5 minutes ago, Areeb Abdullah said:

Understandable.

How would I be proving someone had to travel out of country for our wedding? Would I be posting their ticket? 

I do have all the recommended photos and required documents for proof of bonafide marriage. Just stuff like lease, insurance and so are missing as we don’t live together yet. 

We haven’t known each other for a long time so we don’t have much old photos, but plenty of different photos at different occasions with different people. 

How many pictures would you recommend? Did you label them with who’s on the photo? Give a description? How many photos in one page? 

I’d say I’d have about 30-40 pages of PDF which would include everything, how would one upload this huge file? Do I need to write a cover letter for each item I have? For example, my bank statement which has both of our names..do I write a small cover letter before the statement stating that on the next page we have our joint account which we put some of our savings in for our future so and so 

If not, How many pages of cover letter would you recommend for the main page? And what are they very key important points are needed to be added.

I mean just write who is in the photo and say like “mum and dad who travelled from Montreal” or whatever. 

this is how I did ours. Hopefully the photo works. I had about 8 pages like this which I made on word doc then saved as pdf

IMG_8234.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Areeb Abdullah said:

Understandable.

We didn’t live together and had nothing combined like finances. But all approved without issue as I posted the pics plus hotel receipts and flight tickets with both our names on to 3-4 different locations 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Cw1977 said:

I mean just write who is in the photo and say like “mum and dad who travelled from Montreal” or whatever. 

this is how I did ours. Hopefully the photo works. I had about 8 pages like this which I made on word doc then saved as pdf

IMG_8234.jpeg

Thank you, this is very helpful for example. We really appreciate it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.