Areeb Abdullah

I-130 Affidavit Sample for Bonafide Marriage (CR1 visa)

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, Areeb Abdullah said:

Understandable.

How would I be proving someone had to travel out of country for our wedding? Would I be posting their ticket? 

I do have all the recommended photos and required documents for proof of bonafide marriage. Just stuff like lease, insurance and so are missing as we don’t live together yet. 

We haven’t known each other for a long time so we don’t have much old photos, but plenty of different photos at different occasions with different people. 

Questions, if you don’t mind answering. We would appreciate it.

How many pictures would you recommend? Did you label them with who’s on the photo? Give a description? How many photos in one page? 

I’d say I’d have about 30-40 pages of PDF which would include everything, how would one upload this huge file? Do I need to write a cover letter for each item I have? For example, my bank statement which has both of our names..do I write a small cover letter before the statement stating that on the next page we have our joint account which we put some of our savings in for our future so and so 

If not, How many pages of cover letter would you recommend for the main page? And what are they very key important points are needed to be added.

thank you once again, we greatly appreciate it.

My magic number is 27, and 9 per page.  Photos are secondary evidence though.  Your primary evidence of being together are passport stamps.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

5 hours ago, pushbrk said:

My magic number is 27, and 9 per page.  Photos are secondary evidence though.  Your primary evidence of being together are passport stamps.

This is useful if you get your passport stamped. Not sure whether Canadians/US get that. 

my wife and I didn’t get stamps in passport for years due to using egates or global entry so my U.K. passport going into US or her American one going into Uk never got stamped. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Cw1977 said:

This is useful if you get your passport stamped. Not sure whether Canadians/US get that. 

my wife and I didn’t get stamps in passport for years due to using egates or global entry so my U.K. passport going into US or her American one going into Uk never got stamped. 

Then you use boarding passes and/or receipts.  Please complete your profile.  If it shows Canada,  you'll get different answers.  Relationship bona fides are not really a big issue for US Canada cases anyway.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

22 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Then you use boarding passes and/or receipts.  Please complete your profile.  If it shows Canada,  you'll get different answers.  Relationship bona fides are not really a big issue for US Canada cases anyway.

I think you’re getting confused! I have nothing to do with Canada. I was just helping and replying to the OP

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Cw1977 said:

I think you’re getting confused! I have nothing to do with Canada. I was just helping and replying to the OP

OK.  Yes, your response confused me.  Unless it's Canada or maybe Mexico, the US Citizen most likely has passport stamps for entry to the foreign spouse's country, and the foreign spouse's passport would be stamped OR an I-94 would be available for any visits to the US.  Also, if the OP would complete their profile, it would be helpful.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

21 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

OK.  Yes, your response confused me.  Unless it's Canada or maybe Mexico, the US Citizen most likely has passport stamps for entry to the foreign spouse's country, and the foreign spouse's passport would be stamped OR an I-94 would be available for any visits to the US.  Also, if the OP would complete their profile, it would be helpful.

I was also just pointing out that my British passport and my wife American’s one were never stamped when we entered each others country for the last 5+ years

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, pushbrk said:

We don’t have any passport stamps, we travelled within US. 

I do have plane tickets receipts, hotel’s receipts, rent a car receipt, bus ticket from Toronto to Buffalo when I went to meet her and so. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Areeb Abdullah said:

We don’t have any passport stamps, we travelled within US. 

I do have plane tickets receipts, hotel’s receipts, rent a car receipt, bus ticket from Toronto to Buffalo when I went to meet her and so. 

That and being a US/Canada relationship should carry the day just fine.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

Is the process smoother for US-CANADA applicants? I understand it varies however our case is not at all complicated as we both are in our 20s, well settled, no divorce or children, great travel history specially between US-Canada. 

Timeline
48 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Looking into completing my profile soon!

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Areeb Abdullah said:

Is the process smoother for US-CANADA applicants? I understand it varies however our case is not at all complicated as we both are in our 20s, well settled, no divorce or children, great travel history specially between US-Canada. 

Not a lot of immigration fraud coming from Canada, so not much scrutiny of relationship bona fides.  Otherwise about the same as other western countries.  US Domicile for the US Citizen is the big issue coming from Canada, but a US Citizen actually living in the USA, makes that a moot point.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
On 2/4/2024 at 6:50 PM, pushbrk said:

Not a lot of immigration fraud coming from Canada, so not much scrutiny of relationship bona fides.  Otherwise about the same as other western countries.  US Domicile for the US Citizen is the big issue coming from Canada, but a US Citizen actually living in the USA, makes that a moot point.

That’s true.

reading lots of posts stating Canadians getting ds5535 in Montreal!

1 hour ago, Areeb Abdullah said:

That’s true.

reading lots of posts stating Canadians getting ds5535 in Montreal!

That's probably true for people not born in Canada, but originally coming from Middle East, Eastern European, African countries.

Edited by OldUser

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/4/2024 at 6:50 PM, pushbrk said:

Questions, if you can kindly advice.

When updating our employment history, my wife and I both experienced promotions within the same company. She transitioned from working with adults hospital to a children's hospital and different position, while I moved to a different office and got promoted to a new position.

Should we list these promotions as separate jobs, or combine them into one entry? Do we use our first initial start date as we are still present in the same company and there has been no end date just promotion.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Areeb Abdullah said:

Questions, if you can kindly advice.

When updating our employment history, my wife and I both experienced promotions within the same company. She transitioned from working with adults hospital to a children's hospital and different position, while I moved to a different office and got promoted to a new position.

Should we list these promotions as separate jobs, or combine them into one entry? Do we use our first initial start date as we are still present in the same company and there has been no end date just promotion.

No.  If it's all the same company, just list the company, start date, and current occupation.  Note that occupation and title are not always the same thing.  For example, MD is enough.  No need to enter Pediatrician unless you want to.  Surgeon, is fine even if you are chief of thoracic surgery.  RN is fine.  No need to enter more "titles".

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.