Hopeful76

CFO Course - What documents are typically asked for?

4 posts in this topic

Wondering if anyone has gone through the CFO course for a K-1 visa lately and what are your experiences?  Mainly interested in the types of documentation they will ask for.  I am seeing sites reporting that my fiance may need to provide things like: 

1. Affidavit of invitation and support (financial support/safety/medical insurance) written by the sponsoring spouse notarized and authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate which has jurisdiction over the destination or host country,

2. Declaration of undertaking of travel in letter format to include an itinerary of travel and how to ensure safe travel and stay,  and  

3. Letter explaining why the foreign partner cannot travel to the Philippines.    

Has anyone ever actually been asked for any of those above listed items.  I want to be as prepared as possible, but do I really need to go find a Philippines Consulate to notarize a statement of support??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancée went through CFO in Cebu Jan 15th.  It was a breeze for her.  I've never heard of anyone providing the documents you listed, but CFO is a crapshoot, so you really never know what they might ask for.  Take everything that you took to the interview, and you should be fine.  I didn't ask her what specific documents they asked for, but none were anything she didn't already have for her interview, and definitely nothing that was notarized by a Philippine Consulate.  She started at 2pm and was finished at 4pm with digital certificate already emailed to her.

1 hour ago, Hopeful76 said:

Wondering if anyone has gone through the CFO course for a K-1 visa lately and what are your experiences?  Mainly interested in the types of documentation they will ask for.  I am seeing sites reporting that my fiance may need to provide things like: 

1. Affidavit of invitation and support (financial support/safety/medical insurance) written by the sponsoring spouse notarized and authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate which has jurisdiction over the destination or host country,

2. Declaration of undertaking of travel in letter format to include an itinerary of travel and how to ensure safe travel and stay,  and  

Has anyone ever actually been asked for any of those above listed items.  I want to be as prepared as possible, but do I really need to go find a Philippines Consulate to notarize a statement of support??

Stop going to those sites.  My wife had none of that 

16 hours ago, Hopeful76 said:

Those were from the rona era when CFO was trying to make themselves the gatekeeper for anyone trying to leave the country.  Those requirements were asked from some trying to visit their overseas boyfriend during the rona lockdowns etc.  It never did apply to fiancées or spouses. Though CFO is known to make up some crazy requirements from time to time.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.