ghostinthemachine

I-751 ROC Filers - January 2024

130 posts in this topic

Getting ready to send everything in a couple days finally. Am I right to assume the date of the cashiers check doesn't matter in the context of the 90 day window? 🤔

asdf

47 minutes ago, ghostinthemachine said:

Getting ready to send everything in a couple days finally. Am I right to assume the date of the cashiers check doesn't matter in the context of the 90 day window? 🤔

I recommend using personal check instead of cashier's check. With personal check, you'll know exactly when USCIS takes the money out of your account and starts working on your case.

Edited by OldUser

8 minutes ago, OldUser said:

I recommend using personal check instead of cashier's check. With personal check, you'll know exactly when USCIS takes the money out of your account and starts working on your case.

I'm aware, but neither of us have any personal checks on hand. Using a cashiers check worked well for us for our AOS also, so I'm not too worried about it all things considered. 

asdf

4 minutes ago, ghostinthemachine said:

I'm aware, but neither of us have any personal checks on hand. Using a cashiers check worked well for us for our AOS also, so I'm not too worried about it all things considered. 

Order checkbook tomorrow, how do you live without it? This is USA 2024, half of the businesses still expect checks for various payments 😀

As to date, I'd get the check when your 90 day window opens, and not earlier than that, just to be 100% safe.

On 1/10/2024 at 12:23 AM, OldUser said:

If you still have a chance, reprint as one sided copies. Don't annoy the person scanning these docs in. They may not even do the job right with double sided copies.

Agreed double-sided is definitely a no-no!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Hello all!

Receipt notice: January 8

Biometrics notice: January 13 (No biometrics appointment in need! - USCIS is able to reuse your previously captured fingerprints and other biometrics. It is not necessary for you to appear at a USCIS Application Support Center for a biometrics appointment.)

Did not receive notice by mail yet but I can access to it online. ✌️

Dropped off our chonker of a package at USPS this morning... finally. I have never been so happy to stand in line at USPS for 30 minutes 😂. Estimated delivery date isn't until Wednesday, but last time it only took 3 days over the weekend also. Hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later.

asdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello Members,

I am preparing for I-751 ROC to be submitted in Feb, '24. Want to check with this group if you'll are submitting affidavits from family or friends, is this mandatory?

As per the 751 instructions Affidavits are mentioned as "the documents you should include, but are not limited to".

We have bought a house together and have taxes, insurance and lot other proofs for our relationship but trying to understand if we need to get the affidavits also prepared for submission.

Appreciate your inputs and advice.

TIA.

38 minutes ago, Nishris said:

Hello Members,

I am preparing for I-751 ROC to be submitted in Feb, '24. Want to check with this group if you'll are submitting affidavits from family or friends, is this mandatory?

As per the 751 instructions Affidavits are mentioned as "the documents you should include, but are not limited to".

We have bought a house together and have taxes, insurance and lot other proofs for our relationship but trying to understand if we need to get the affidavits also prepared for submission.

TIA.

No this is not mandatory. Feel free skipping this. I made an effort of including affidavits, because I always try to submit as much evidence as possible VS minimum for approval.

1 hour ago, Nishris said:

Hello Members,

TIA.

We didn't personally. Our package was already hefty and I honestly don't think they add much, especially if you have plenty other evidence. 

asdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
57 minutes ago, OldUser said:

No this is not mandatory. Feel free skipping this. I made an effort of including affidavits, because I always try to submit as much evidence as possible VS minimum for approval.

The ones you submitted were those affidavits notarized or just signed and dated? I can get affidavits but can both of them be from family members (father-in-law and brother-in-law) or they have to be someone other than the family, just curious in case I want to send as well.

12 minutes ago, Nishris said:

The ones you submitted were those affidavits notarized or just signed and dated? I can get affidavits but can both of them be from family members (father-in-law and brother-in-law) or they have to be someone other than the family, just curious in case I want to send as well.

Signed, dated and copy of person's ID attached. This is what my lawyer told me to do and I followed the advice. Was it akward to ask close friends for this? Yes it was, but I don't regret 😀 It proved, should we need help, they're kind enough to offer it.

I had other good evidence, the case was approved without interview. I will never know if affidavits played any role in this at all, and to what degree. They can be from family, but of course friends, colleagues, building managers where you lease etc are also good.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.