megaladon

Frankfort DCF Questions (Merged)

42 posts in this topic

On 11/6/2023 at 4:08 PM, megaladon said:

To clarify, I do maintain a domicile and intent to return to the USA.  By living in Germany, I don't mean I'm a German resident.  I'm here under TESA and US Military orders.  It's not intended to be a permanent stay in Germany.  The plan is to bring her here to live with me while I'm in Germany then return to the USA when my contract here ends.  I don't know if this is exceptional circumstances, but I would have to quit my job to go back to the USA, which seems like an exceptional burden.

What she can do is, apply for a BFD (Bundesfreiwilligendienst (She will need German level A2 or B2 minimum for it. If you’re in Vilseck I might know a place taking with low German level)) in Germany in the same city or at a city close to you. Then she will be able to do DCF in Frankfurt. 
My husband is also military (was in Germany also but has returned to the US) and I am BFD in Germany as well. 

Edited by smuller

• 2 weeks later...

Would someone who has successfully submitted a request for direct/local processing of an I-130 to the consulate in Frankfurt, Germany, please provide the following:

What's the correct email address to use?

How long to wait for them to respond?

Should I follow up with another email or what should I do as I received no response for a month?

• Crazy Cat changed the title to How to submit a direct consular processing request to the Frankfurt (Merged Threads)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

***DCF threads merged to preserve history of OP questions under a single subject thread***

- VJ Moderation

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Hi,

I emailed the US Embassy in Frankfurt a request for direct consular filing, as I believe I meet the requirements.  The email address I used was frankfurtvisainquiries@state.gov, and they responded that this is the email address for questions about immigrant visas with an automatic reply, so it appears I have found the correct email address, but it's unclear as they don't say if they mean US immigrant visas or German Immigrant visas.   But it also says they won't read my email unless I first go to Visa Navigator.  However, the link they provided to get to the Visa Navigator did not work.  I googled for Visa Navigator and found a German website, but I don't know why they would be referring me there, as I'm a US citizen looking for help.  Is there also a US website Visa Navigator, and maybe they forgot to update the link?

All this is after using an other email address to contact them which I thought was valid, and I know people have used in the past, but I never received any response from that inquiry a month ago.

I've literally been trying to reach the US consulate for over a month with no success, simply to file my request.  How the heck do I move my request forward as I can't figure out how to reach the US consulate?

• Crazy Cat changed the title to Frankfort DCF Questions (Merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

***OP's Frankfort DCF threads merged again***

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
On 12/19/2023 at 3:14 AM, megaladon said:

Hi,

I emailed the US Embassy in Frankfurt a request for direct consular filing, as I believe I meet the requirements.  The email address I used was frankfurtvisainquiries@state.gov, and they responded that this is the email address for questions about immigrant visas with an automatic reply, so it appears I have found the correct email address, but it's unclear as they don't say if they mean US immigrant visas or German Immigrant visas.   But it also says they won't read my email unless I first go to Visa Navigator.  However, the link they provided to get to the Visa Navigator did not work.  I googled for Visa Navigator and found a German website, but I don't know why they would be referring me there, as I'm a US citizen looking for help.  Is there also a US website Visa Navigator, and maybe they forgot to update the link?

All this is after using an other email address to contact them which I thought was valid, and I know people have used in the past, but I never received any response from that inquiry a month ago.

I've literally been trying to reach the US consulate for over a month with no success, simply to file my request.  How the heck do I move my request forward as I can't figure out how to reach the US consulate?

Looks like the visa navigator is just a fancy google doc: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScEvNF5RK-2bvqW7SicenUtdxrPxl-4XfdyfR6FWoC3uNRk4g/viewform

I went through and these were the instructions I got for your situation:

IMG_2140.thumb.jpeg.afa1cf29480d2d166e4a445bf7585afe.jpegHow long ago did you send the email? I bet you will get a response from that address eventually.

Timeline

Maybe try this address:

USCIS may authorize the Department of State to accept a petition filed with a U.S. Embassy or consulate in other limited circumstances (PDF, 60.52 KB).  To request to file Form I-130 at the U.S. Consulate in Frankfurt, please send an email to FrankfurtIV@state.gov.

So far I've determined that FrankfurtIV@state.gov does not work.  I sent a request there over a month ago and got no reply.

I agree that frankfurtvisainquiries@state.gov is probably the correct email address, as of December 2023, and so I plan to try it.  Just emailing this address rejects the email and provides an incorrect link to a visa navigator, and probably they mean US citizen services navigator and just haven't updated the email automatic response. 

I tried the navigator as well and it generated this email but didn't generate a code as the poster above found, but I emailed another department and they agreed to provide code 199 (or is it I999) for general questions.  I am preparing an email.

One thing that remains unclear is if I should attach my documents to the email requesting exception under emergency circumstances, so that they have all the info needed to make the decision, or to not submit the documents and only submit the request with an explanatory paragraph?

• 3 months later...

@megaladon, did you end up finding the correct Point of Contact for DCF in Frankfurt?  We're also really struggling finding out who to contact.

I've tried calling the Munich consulate, who referred me to file via USCIS for Visa requests (the woman on the phone didn't even let me explain I wanted DCF or hear my case, just immediately told me to use the website). 

So then we called the Frankfurt consulate but found it impossible to get a human being, being sent instead to a pre-recorded message telling us to file via USCIS every time, like with Munich. 

After that, I then emailed Frankfurt directly via FrankfurtIV@state.gov and was also told via auto-reply to use their website Navigator. 

After sending a message via the Navigator to frankfurtvisainquiries@state.gov, I was sent a strangely formatted reply email about military exceptions, reiterating the USCIS office at Frankfurt closed in 2020.

The closest thing I've gotten was a new email address (FrnUSCISInquiries@state.gov) from that reply, but I haven't heard a reply yet (it was sent a week ago).

I've seen multiple posts of couples requesting and getting DCF through Frankfurt since 2020, so I know there has to be someone to contact there.  Traveling to Frankfurt would be inconvenient but we will do it if that is the only way to go about DCF.

Am I missing something in the wiki, and/or do you have a Point of Contact I could refer to about my request?  We know that once we start the I-130, it's really hard/impossible to switch to DCF, so we don't want to do that unless we absolutely have to.

Thank you!

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Pat2014 said:

@megaladon, did you end up finding the correct Point of Contact for DCF in Frankfurt?  We're also really struggling finding out who to contact.

I've tried calling the Munich consulate, who referred me to file via USCIS for Visa requests (the woman on the phone didn't even let me explain I wanted DCF or hear my case, just immediately told me to use the website). 

So then we called the Frankfurt consulate but found it impossible to get a human being, being sent instead to a pre-recorded message telling us to file via USCIS every time, like with Munich. 

After that, I then emailed Frankfurt directly via FrankfurtIV@state.gov and was also told via auto-reply to use their website Navigator. 

After sending a message via the Navigator to frankfurtvisainquiries@state.gov, I was sent a strangely formatted reply email about military exceptions, reiterating the USCIS office at Frankfurt closed in 2020.

The closest thing I've gotten was a new email address (FrnUSCISInquiries@state.gov) from that reply, but I haven't heard a reply yet (it was sent a week ago).

I've seen multiple posts of couples requesting and getting DCF through Frankfurt since 2020, so I know there has to be someone to contact there.  Traveling to Frankfurt would be inconvenient but we will do it if that is the only way to go about DCF.

Am I missing something in the wiki, and/or do you have a Point of Contact I could refer to about my request?  We know that once we start the I-130, it's really hard/impossible to switch to DCF, so we don't want to do that unless we absolutely have to.

Thank you!

I went to the Frankfurt embassy website and tried the citizen navigator tool (despite previously being misdirected by the Embassy to use a "visa tool" at a URL that no longer exists.)

The tool provided the email to contact but the necessary subject line code was blank, so they have a glitch in their tool that makes it impossible to contact them on any non-standard question.

Calling them is no use as they no longer provide phone service, so they are basically making themselves unreachable.  

But at any rate what I had to do is contact a completely different department using an unrelated code and had to beg them to provide the code to put in the subject line for "other question" so I could get my question through.

Edited by megaladon

Thanks @megaladon!  I'll keep bouncing around the Frankfurt departments to see if I find anything and I'll let you know. 

I did some research on the FrnUSCISinquiries@state.gov email address, and it kept showing up in all sorts of documents for expedited Visas in Germany, so I do think it is monitored and active.  However, most mentioned that due to the War in Ukraine, replies could take up to two weeks.  I'm right at my two week mark since last sending an email, so I sent another one just to be safe.

I'll keep you updated!

FrnUSCISInquiries@state.gov is the email address we used for the initial question as to whether we qualified. This was in October 2022 and an answer came back in 2 days.

DCF Frankfurt (Approved)

• 30/10/2022   I-130 package sent to US Consulate in Frankfurt
  • 02/11/2022   I-130 Package received by Consulate
  • 16/11/2022  Approval of I-130 and instructions received via email
  • 20/11/2022  DS-260 submitted electronically (Packet 3)
  • 28/11/2022  Packet 3 Approval Received / Request for Interview Sent
  • 29/11/2022  Interview request approved
  • 15/12/2022  Medical Completed in Frankfurt
  • 19/12/2022  Consulate interview - Approved!
  • 22/12/2022  Visa delivered!!
  • 15/02/2023  Flight to DFW, Interview, I-551 stamp received
  • 20/03/2023  Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.