HOUNOV2017

Houston N-400 Filers

1,571 posts in this topic

Great news from the Facebook group! Someone got their interview scheduled letter ~252 days after filing in Houston, TX

Filing date: Nov, 8 2018

Interview letter date: Jul, 18 2019

Assuming that her interview date will be 30-35 days after the letter date and then oath within 1 week to a month then she'll definitely be done in under 1 year.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 minute ago, pearla said:

Great news from the Facebook group! Someone got their interview scheduled letter ~252 days after filing in Houston, TX

Assuming that her interview date will be 30-35 days after the letter date and then oath within 1 week to a month then she'll definitely be done in under 1 year.

I will also let you guys know how it goes after my N400/i751 combo interview. 

I751 Filing date: September 2017

N400 Filing date: September 2018

Interview date: July 25, 2019

David & Thao

First Date: 10/17/2012

Engaged: 05/01/2014

Married: 03/26/2015

---------------------------N-400 Status

Sent: 09/08/2018

NOA: 09/08/2018

Bio Appt:

---------------------------ROC Status

Sent: 09/08/2017

Received: 09/11/2017

NOA: 09/11/2017

Bio Appt: 10/03/2017

---------------------------AOS Status

Sent: 04/24/2015

Received: 04/27/2015

NOA: 05/01/2015

Bio Appt: 05/19/2015

EAD received: 06/16/2015

Interview Approved: 12/07/2015

[God is walking with us on our love journey...] 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
On 7/19/2019 at 12:59 PM, leestahla said:

I haven't experienced this, mine is still there, and others have this week updated their estimated completion after checking the site, so this is specific to you right now. It's pretty crucial that you now rely on calling USCIS as soon as possible. 

Sounds like the timer on the website reached July 2019 and was then disabled as it's reached its deadline. It must not be tied to whether the case is actually updated as having closed. I would certainly call USCIS to make sure you haven't missed a letter or date, and if they have yet to send one,  you want to make sure you get it as it seems the website is not your reliable source right now. 

The worst case scenario and bigger reason to call and alert them of this is that they may be relying on that timer in some way/report/system and if you've glitched off of one of the wheels they have spinning, you want to make sure they catch that and adjust the timer. 

Will call them today for sure, just checked their website and still same as last week but the date for processing N-400 is updated for Houston FO. According to that we should be hearing something from them, but not holding my breath on that.

Thank you for your advice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

Finally an end to this journey of a lifetime. My oath ceremony is scheduled in two days from now on July 24th. Is there anyone else in this group who will be there?

Here is my timeline once again. Hope it helps:

N-400 Filed Online: July 20 2018

Interview: June 24 2019

Oath Ceremony: July 24 2019

As you can see, the whole process is wrapping up at about 1 year mark. So that's the best estimate I can give you for your timeline.

Edited by roh0808
Minor edit/ error

It is excited to see one of Houstonian March 2019 filer for interview scheduled. Maybe this is one off but great news. It is in FB group. 

Filed: Timeline
On 7/5/2019 at 3:11 AM, frontgear said:

Once your interview letter is uploaded to your USCIS account, you can print that out and actually take it to the interview. Once the interview is done, you can ask the IO to update your address or you can go home and do it. You might not need do it to get the Oath Ceremony because you can also print the Oath Ceremony letter from your online account as well.

Hey plz help me I m worried Bcz I haven’t gotten my original letter yet so can I take this printed letter to the interview? Will they ask plz reply I m worried thanks 

2 hours ago, ArchieD said:

It is excited to see one of Houstonian March 2019 filer for interview scheduled. Maybe this is one off but great news. It is in FB group. 

I saw that! Very good news. They just posted their interview letter showing it was scheduled in San Antonio! Looks like that’s the field office that will be taking the load off of Houston. 

6 minutes ago, pearla said:

I saw that! Very good news. They just posted their interview letter showing it was scheduled in San Antonio! Looks like that’s the field office that will be taking the load off of Houston. 

Exactly Pearla. I would be happy to drive 4 hours there for faster interview. I am seeing that field office is only takes 3-4 months from application received to oath, which is good news. Hopefully we'll see more cases like this. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
On 7/19/2019 at 12:59 PM, leestahla said:

I haven't experienced this, mine is still there, and others have this week updated their estimated completion after checking the site, so this is specific to you right now. It's pretty crucial that you now rely on calling USCIS as soon as possible. 

Sounds like the timer on the website reached July 2019 and was then disabled as it's reached its deadline. It must not be tied to whether the case is actually updated as having closed. I would certainly call USCIS to make sure you haven't missed a letter or date, and if they have yet to send one,  you want to make sure you get it as it seems the website is not your reliable source right now. 

The worst case scenario and bigger reason to call and alert them of this is that they may be relying on that timer in some way/report/system and if you've glitched off of one of the wheels they have spinning, you want to make sure they catch that and adjust the timer. 

The processing times were updated and not sure if this is another glitch, but yesterday it showed Oct 03, 2017 and right now it shows July 04, 2017. It moved back 3 months.

image.thumb.png.fbb8a629fa93e094cdab8b0cb095979b.png

Edited by ramus_maximus

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone! Just submitted my application on 7/23, and after it was processed in my online account, I was very surprised to see the "Estimated wait time" to be 7 months, and the "Estimated case completion time" to be March 2020 (8 months), which is to the contrary of what their processing time website is currently showing (14-25 months), and much shorter than usual wait times based on other data points of around 12 months. It's probably a glitch and doesn't mean anything. 

Edited by Murcielago

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:30 AM, pearla said:

What is the name of the facebook group.  Are we sure the users field office is Houston?

ROC

03/05/2019 Notice to Transfer to Nebraska Service Center

04/05/2018 NOA from CSC (Biometrics waved) 

AOS

09/15/2016 EAD/AP Approved, Card in production, 09/23/2016 EAD/AP Received!

07/26/2015 Biometrics Notice Mailed (Appt 08/12/2015)

07/17/2015 NOA I-130/AOS/EAD/AP

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.