HOUNOV2017

Houston N-400 Filers

1,571 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ZonaZoo said:

If you "move address" ;) to a PO Box in a quieter state, such as Idaho, will your paperwork get transferred too and therefore get processed quicker? Has anyone ever heard of someone trying this? 

I would not recommend doing that. It sounds like you are working around the system to get faster benefits. It does not look good while you are trying to demonstrate a good moral character. This could be a reason for a complete denial at its own.

If you are a Houston filer, Please send your time line so we can add it to the list.

Good Luck

Are there any others also waiting for the 751 - removal of conditions - who have gotten their passport stamp? If so, when did you go get your stamp and how was the process.

I have an infopass appointment for next Friday. I've heard so many conflicting reports and read stories of people being turned away because they're requesting their stamp too soon. My extension expires in May, I'm going to Spain in April and Mexico in May so I just want to get my stamp and not worry (except about the processing times) for another year about being in limbo . 

Filed: Other Country: Sweden
Timeline
9 hours ago, ZonaZoo said:

If you "move address" ;) to a PO Box in a quieter state, such as Idaho, will your paperwork get transferred too and therefore get processed quicker? Has anyone ever heard of someone trying this? 

No, but this sounds like fraud. 

10 hours ago, ZonaZoo said:

It won’t work and lying to the federal government is a felony 😁

11 hours ago, bonhomme said:

Are there any others also waiting for the 751 - removal of conditions - who have gotten their passport stamp? If so, when did you go get your stamp and how was the process.

I have an infopass appointment for next Friday. I've heard so many conflicting reports and read stories of people being turned away because they're requesting their stamp too soon. My extension expires in May, I'm going to Spain in April and Mexico in May so I just want to get my stamp and not worry (except about the processing times) for another year about being in limbo . 

I had my appointment in early February, super easy, even tho my passport expired, just stamped it, and I asked about n400, and he said that they might have one interview for both. He didn't mention n400 denial since I've seen cases where people got interviews with I751 pending.

IM a in this group from Houston, filled N400 December 2017 with I751 pending, I had my i551 stamp December first and the officer told me that it’s ok the fill up your N400 and he gave me the information about how to fill it up 

5 hours ago, Asilarmani said:

IM a in this group from Houston, filled N400 December 2017 with I751 pending, I had my i551 stamp December first and the officer told me that it’s ok the fill up your N400 and he gave me the information about how to fill it up 

Can you please provide your N400 case details to add it to the time line.

Thanks. 

On 3/22/2018 at 10:40 AM, ny to la said:

Can you please post the link to this AILA meeting minutes. I couldn't find it.

On 3/21/2018 at 10:49 PM, Gluck said:

We actually filed online beginning January 2018 and have our interview beginning April, so three month later. I read a meeting minutes of the association of immigration lawyers recently and one explanation was that the order of n400 processing is now 

1. New online applications

2. Complaints etc

3. Old paper application

It is likely that the Houston office wants to demonstrate a good througput rate and that this is only possible by focusing on online applications.

On 3/22/2018 at 4:38 PM, Serpentine87 said:

Makes me wanna withdraw my paper application and file online and still it would be sooner then what they have right now. I didn't even know that there was a possibility of applying online. SMH

USCIS might have deployed all the missing required ELIS features that automatically process N400 applications and currently selecting some sample N400 applications for this fast track end-to-end process for reliability testing. It is reasonable to assume that e-filed N400 applications are electronically simpler to automate than paper/ scanned/ uploaded N400 applications. The sample selection from e-filed N400 applications could be completely random or it could be based on a defined merit-based selection criterion "Only time and feedback will tell".

Overall this is good news.

Good Luck         

14 minutes ago, HOUNOV2017 said:

Thanks @Asilarmani

Are you a paper or online filer?

Do you have an IOE receipt number?

If you are an online filer, would you please mention your GC category?

Yes I filled up online and based on marriage, after 3 years , so what are y’all expected for the whole process? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

We applied for N400 in January - wife did her bio metrics but no further action has been done...any advise? 

Day 11/14 Mailed AOS Package

Day 11/16 AOS Package Accepted

Day 11/20 Received Text with receipt numbers

Day 11/21 Checks cashed

Day 11/26 -Letter for Biometrix - its on 12/20

Day 12/20/ went to do biometrics, turn away as wife has a cut on thumb - will try to walk in next week

Day 12/28 - bio metrics done ! - walked in San Diego as we were visiting my in laws.

Day 1/4/2013 - received text/email that case is ready to be scheduled for interview !

Day 1/15/2013 - received hard copy letter to let us know interview is on 2/12 !

Day 1/17/2013 - received text/email that EAD has been approved

Day 1/26/2013 - received EAD card

Day 2/12 - interview done - approved on spot!

14 minutes ago, Asilarmani said:

Yes I filled up online and based on marriage, after 3 years , so what are y’all expected for the whole process? 

Well. There are not enough hard facts to really tell you how long it will take. However from the limited cases/ posts that we have been reading, I think online filers with IOE receipt numbers are in a better position than paper filers with NBC receipt numbers. I have seen online filers from Aug 2017 (Total 4) and Jan 2018 (1) already naturalized. Paper filers with NBC receipt numbers were last being scheduled for an interview with Dec 30, 2016 Priority Date.

We definitely need more filers to update us about their experiences to be able to get better information. Please encourage all known N400 Houston filers to come here and post their timeline.

Good Luck   

Edited by HOUNOV2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.