Hypnos

N-400 Dallas, TX Filers (Merged Threads)

1,065 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 9/14/2021 at 8:20 PM, JustBelieve said:

I am here... Jan 2020 Cases are stuck in the system.

Did you address the Ombudsman? I wrote to them and they got a reply "the applicant is awaiting the interview... blah blah...looks like it's outside processing times, so you might want to schedule the interview...", which they relayed to me, concluding that "'Since USCIS got back to us, we're closing your case". I wrote back and said - Hey guys, USCIS literally said that you have the power to schedule my interview, so could you please? They replied saying they would return my case to the original person who was handling it. Since then, I got nothing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2021 at 3:51 PM, KatieL said:

Did you address the Ombudsman? I wrote to them and they got a reply "the applicant is awaiting the interview... blah blah...looks like it's outside processing times, so you might want to schedule the interview...", which they relayed to me, concluding that "'Since USCIS got back to us, we're closing your case". I wrote back and said - Hey guys, USCIS literally said that you have the power to schedule my interview, so could you please? They replied saying they would return my case to the original person who was handling it. Since then, I got nothing.

At this point, if you aren't getting any help from either USCIS or Ombudsman, and your case is outside the normal processing times as per their website, you can sue USCIS if you have the time and money to do so.

Timeline
1 hour ago, AnthonyGonsalves said:

At this point, if you aren't getting any help from either USCIS or Ombudsman, and your case is outside the normal processing times as per their website, you can sue USCIS if you have the time and money to do so.

I wish I had the resources, but it sounds kinda ridiculous to spend MORE money fighting something that should've been done right in the first place, and then spend MORE time awaiting the decision. It has been 22 months at this point.

7 hours ago, KatieL said:

I wish I had the resources, but it sounds kinda ridiculous to spend MORE money fighting something that should've been done right in the first place, and then spend MORE time awaiting the decision. It has been 22 months at this point.

Hmm. 22 months is ridiculous. The least you can do is contact your local Congressmen about this. His/her office might be able to help.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/5/2021 at 6:22 PM, JustBelieve said:

Yes, like I said it is a hit or miss. If you are unlucky, a lazy officer will grab your case and you will have to wait months and months before you receive the letter :(

I got interview scheduled as expected from current trends. So, now it's following a proper order and pattern and not hit or miss.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, AnthonyGonsalves said:

I got interview scheduled as expected from current trends. So, now it's following a proper order and pattern and not hit or miss.

Well, it's amazing if they got yours scheduled on time, but it doesn't mean that's the case for everybody. Jan 2020 just got stuck somewhere and it's not moving. It's maddeningly frustrating. 

On 11/30/2021 at 1:23 PM, KatieL said:

Well, it's amazing if they got yours scheduled on time, but it doesn't mean that's the case for everybody. Jan 2020 just got stuck somewhere and it's not moving. It's maddeningly frustrating. 

It's the case for everybody who filed after USCIS opened post the pandemic lockdown. At this point, you should seek proper avenues (suing USCIS in court) to fight your case otherwise you will remain maddeningly frustrated while other cases filed more than a year later get interviewed. 

On 12/1/2021 at 7:23 PM, JustBelieve said:

Where are you getting this information? Lots of my friends who applied after pandemic are still waiting.

From this forum. When you say lots of my friends. How many. May be only a few people who apply during a certain period are caught up. But cases of folks who applied in 2021 are moving smoothly. Those folks should really be suing USCIS at this point.

Edited by AnthonyGonsalves

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.