11 posts in this topic

Dear all I really appreciate your inputs in the issue I have.
I applied for my wife form I130 back in January 2020, last March the form has been approved but unfortunately USCIS hold the form for the well known mistake on where to send the application consular office or keep it in USA for adjustment of status. to rectify the problem I submitted form I824 in March to ask USCIS to forward my case to the NVC. Processing time for this form is at least a year. 
Last month two major changes in our life, we had a baby and I became a US citizen.
My question now
Do I need to submit a new I130 for the baby or it will be dependent for my wife and just add her when filling DS260 with NVC??.
Thanks in advance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mohammadqaza said:

Dear all I really appreciate your inputs in the issue I have.
I applied for my wife form I130 back in January 2020, last March the form has been approved but unfortunately USCIS hold the form for the well known mistake on where to send the application consular office or keep it in USA for adjustment of status. to rectify the problem I submitted form I824 in March to ask USCIS to forward my case to the NVC. Processing time for this form is at least a year. 
Last month two major changes in our life, we had a baby and I became a US citizen.
My question now
Do I need to submit a new I130 for the baby or it will be dependent for my wife and just add her when filling DS260 with NVC??.
Thanks in advance.

Which happened first? The baby or the naturalization? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So you have to sponsor the baby.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You are now a USC not a foreign national.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

6 minutes ago, Mohammadqaza said:

You mean a new I130 application?? 

I read this online not sure how accurate 

Yes, new I-130. There are no derivatives for immediate family members of US citizens. As Boiler pointed out in that article, you’re no longer a foreign national but a US citizen.

2 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

Yes, new I-130. There are no derivatives for immediate family members of US citizens. As Boiler pointed out in that article, you’re no longer a foreign national but a US citizen.

This is really disappointing. How became a US citizen will delay being with my baby girl. 

If this is the case I'll just pack my luggage quit my dream job and go to with them.

😢😢😢

1 minute ago, Mohammadqaza said:

This is really disappointing. How became a US citizen will delay being with my baby girl. 

If this is the case I'll just pack my luggage quit my dream job and go to with them.

😢😢😢

I've been waiting for my wife's application for almost 4 years now, thinking about at least a year and half for the baby is something I believe we can't live with. 

2 minutes ago, Mohammadqaza said:

😢😢😢

I’m sorry to hear that. It is unfortunate but there’s no other way besides filing I-130 for your baby. You can try to request an expedite after filing but no guarantees. If you’re able to find a remote job and move to them to wait out the process, that would be great. I wish for you to be reunited with you family as soon as possible.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.