S I A N

November 2023 - AOS Filers

140 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, skk12345 said:

Hi all!

Update- got my EAD/AP combo card in the mail on 1/25.

On 1/26 morning- USCIS status updated to i-485 being approved! 

Quick question: If I wanted to travel while awaiting green card delivery (I expect this won't be for a week or two), would I be allowed to re-enter the country with AP/EAD card despite i485 being approved (but no card in hand)?

Thanks for all the support and wishing everyone a speedy approval!

Wanted or needed?

It's best not to travel internationally until you get GC in hand. There's always a risk with AP plus you'll likely be put in secondary upon arrival.

Edited by OldUser

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, skk12345 said:

Hi all!

Update- got my EAD/AP combo card in the mail on 1/25.

On 1/26 morning- USCIS status updated to i-485 being approved! 

Quick question: If I wanted to travel while awaiting green card delivery (I expect this won't be for a week or two), would I be allowed to re-enter the country with AP/EAD card despite i485 being approved (but no card in hand)?

Thanks for all the support and wishing everyone a speedy approval!

What was your local field office?

That was super quick, jealous. Didn't get AP and really want to leave the country for wedding celebrations with family.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hey all,

For those who got both EAD and AP approved, in your AP form, did you indicate dates of travel? I’m curious how they’re assessing approval of the combo application. I got my EAD but no word on the AP - and on the website the applications are grouped under “Concurrent Filing” and marked as ‘Case Closed’)image.thumb.jpeg.c5492ca6104953d546d566085ef56591.jpeg

1 hour ago, Aren said:

Hey all,

For those who got both EAD and AP approved, in your AP form, did you indicate dates of travel? I’m curious how they’re assessing approval of the combo application. I got my EAD but no word on the AP - and on the website the applications are grouped under “Concurrent Filing” and marked as ‘Case Closed’)image.thumb.jpeg.c5492ca6104953d546d566085ef56591.jpeg

My datapoint may be old (AOS in 2019-2020) but I put "To be determined" or something like this instead of concrete dates. I got AP + EAD combo.

However, I heard nowadays many people never receive AP even if they filed for it.

I wonder if it is to do with certain government agencies processing influx of other immigrants through southern border and don't have the capacity to do other types of cases.

Timeline
23 hours ago, Aren said:

Hey all,

In our case we wrote “ASAP” and got the combo card approved.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Tere2022 said:

Does anyone know how quickly they are processing RFEs after the documents /materials are submitted?

No idea. Currently waiting ourselves 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rocketman50 said:

Super good news on our end. I-485 approved!

11/14/2023 - Sent to USCIS (I-485 + I-765 and  I-131 concurrent filing)

11/15/2023 - NOA1

11/25/2023 - Biometrics notice went out

12/11/2023 - Biometrics appointment

12/11/2023 - AOS and EAD cases changed to "actively reviewed"

01/05/2024 - RFE I-485 (Public Charge inadmissibility questions)

01/06/2024 - Response To USCIS Request For Evidence Was Received

01/09/2024 - EAD-AP combo card approval

01/31/2024 - Adjustment of Status (I-485) approved

Congratulations!

Timeline
15 hours ago, Rocketman50 said:

Super good news on our end. I-485 approved!

11/14/2023 - Sent to USCIS (I-485 + I-765 and  I-131 concurrent filing)

11/15/2023 - NOA1

11/25/2023 - Biometrics notice went out

12/11/2023 - Biometrics appointment

12/11/2023 - AOS and EAD cases changed to "actively reviewed"

01/05/2024 - RFE I-485 (Public Charge inadmissibility questions)

01/06/2024 - Response To USCIS Request For Evidence Was Received

01/09/2024 - EAD-AP combo card approval

01/31/2024 - Adjustment of Status (I-485) approved

Wow congrats! In my case we applied a dat after your date and also received combo card approval on the same day as you. What is the USCIS office you filed from?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tere2022 said:

When did you submit? And what was the RFE for if I may ask?

Submitted last Monday. They sent notice of RFE response received on Jan 27th…. It was for update of vaccines. Had to go to civil surgeon with evidence of updated vaccines.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Our I-485 was approved today! Wishing everyone a speed process and approvals! 

NOA1 (sent to Chicago lockbox): Nov. 30, 2023

Biometrics: Dec 13 (originally was scheduled for Dec 28 but we were going to be out of town so rescheduled it for an earlier date)

EAD approved: Dec 14 (card delivered Dec 26)

I-485 approved: Feb 2, 2024

Timeline
1 hour ago, JH & EB said:

Our I-485 was approved today! Wishing everyone a speed process and approvals! 

NOA1 (sent to Chicago lockbox): Nov. 30, 2023

Biometrics: Dec 13 (originally was scheduled for Dec 28 but we were going to be out of town so rescheduled it for an earlier date)

EAD approved: Dec 14 (card delivered Dec 26)

I-485 approved: Feb 2, 2024

Amazing! Congratulations!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.