S I A N

November 2023 - AOS Filers

137 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, and Happy New Year!

Here’s our timeline of our case being processed at the National Benefits Center:

11/15/2023: I-485, I-765, and I-131 received by USCIS (we sent it Nov. 8, I believe)

12/8/2023: RFIE sent (need more proof I make enough under I-864)

12/13/2023: Sent RFIE response

12/18/2023: Biometrics appointment (initial date was 12/28/2023, but we rescheduled for 12/18 due to traveling)

12/18/2023: Status changed to actively reviewing I-485 and I-765

12/19/2023: RFIE response received by USCIS

12/29/2023: I-765 approved

12/30/2023: I-765 approval notice received 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Nyeomi said:

Hi everyone, and Happy New Year!

Here’s our timeline of our case being processed at the National Benefits Center:

11/15/2023: I-485, I-765, and I-131 received by USCIS (we sent it Nov. 8, I believe)

12/8/2023: RFIE sent (need more proof I make enough under I-864)

12/13/2023: Sent RFIE response

12/18/2023: Biometrics appointment (initial date was 12/28/2023, but we rescheduled for 12/18 due to traveling)

12/18/2023: Status changed to actively reviewing I-485 and I-765

12/19/2023: RFIE response received by USCIS

12/29/2023: I-765 approved

12/30/2023: I-765 approval notice received 

Congratulations!

Wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

I already had my biometrics done on 12/20 but the status still says "Biometrics scheduled".

We didn't do biometrics before the scheduled date like a lot of others have done. Just worried because I see a lot of folks had their status changed to "actively being reviewed" within a few days.

On 11/28/2023 at 1:14 PM, user78.11 said:

Our AOS (for K1) was filed and delivered via USPS to the PO BOX in Chicago on the 18th of Nov at 3pm.

We still haven't received any messages, mails, and my credit card has not been charged yet (no attempt either?).

I know Thanksgiving happened between this time so maybe that is the reason, but a bit worried as I chose to use my credit card which may not have been able to be used...

Did this eventually go through? If so, I’m curious as to when? I’m having the same issue, having submitted everything and being received 12/18. No check has been deposited and no NOA. It seems everyone else’s application is being processed more quickly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
18 hours ago, Bri and Carlos said:

Did this eventually go through? If so, I’m curious as to when? I’m having the same issue, having submitted everything and being received 12/18. No check has been deposited and no NOA. It seems everyone else’s application is being processed more quickly.

Yes it did go through!

It took them a month to process it through, our NOAs were dated at 12/12 and delivered 12/18 (our package was received on 11/17).

I had an RFE for I-864 unfortunately and just submitted that as well as did our biometrics just yesterday.

Now it's just a waiting game, I wish I knew how long it would take. Our main goal is to be able to leave the country asap because we want to have a celebration in Japan during their string of holidays in late April... but not sure if we will have advance parole or the green card in hand by then.

Timeline

Updating my timeline for clarity and to help others because the holidays really threw everything off course it seems:

11/17/2023: I-485, I-765, and I-131 received by USCIS

12/12/2023: RFE sent by USCIS for I-864

12/18/2023: Received RFE and all NOAs in the mail

1/2/2024: Biometrics appointment

1/3/2024: Status changed to actively reviewing I-485 and I-765

1/3/2023: RFIE response received by USCIS

5 hours ago, 2hon said:

Updating my timeline for clarity and to help others because the holidays really threw everything off course it seems:

11/17/2023: I-485, I-765, and I-131 received by USCIS

12/12/2023: RFE sent by USCIS for I-864

12/18/2023: Received RFE and all NOAs in the mail

1/2/2024: Biometrics appointment

1/3/2024: Status changed to actively reviewing I-485 and I-765

1/3/2023: RFIE response received by USCIS

Thank you so much for this! It’s important to see that some applications are taking a bit longer to process. Which locations was your application sent to? Ours is Chicago, IL. Thank you again and I hope that you’re able to make it home for April!!

Hi all!

My timeline so far: 

NOA1 11/14

Biometrics letter on 12/2

Completed biometrics 12/20 but the case status still says "Biometrics scheduled".  

I asked Emma yesterday, but the response was that your case is within normal processing time. 

I'm getting super worried because my status hasn't changed to "actively being reviewed" yet. 

Did anyone else have a similar experience?

Any input would be appreciated!!

Timeline

Lucky that you got your biometrics so soon! @skk12345 I'm sure you'll get approved pretty fast, it seems like they took a huge break during the holidays and almost got nothing done.

My biometrics were on January 2nd and everything except my advance parole updated online. So it seems like it isn't getting updated for you...

Timeline

On another note... after doing biometrics on January 2nd, our case was updated as biometrics completed.

The time at that point for estimated decision was 5 months but yesterday it updated to 2 months.

How realistic does anything think this is?

image.thumb.png.69ef45ce534bdf153fdda486685bf66d.png

Timeline

Update here: I asked Emma (a live rep) and they said my case is still with NBC, not transferred to a local field office. They also let me know after asking that our case had the interview waived and we won't need that (we are filing from K1 visa).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
22 minutes ago, 2hon said:

Update here: I asked Emma (a live rep) and they said my case is still with NBC, not transferred to a local field office. They also let me know after asking that our case had the interview waived and we won't need that (we are filing from K1 visa).

The exact same happened here, jumped from 5 to 2 months since this morning. Our case number starts with 09233.

Hi All. I have an update on my I-485. Looks like they must have started working on it. Over two weeks ago I proactively uploaded new documents and a cover letter changing my answers for this section (Public Charge inadmissibility questions). Unfortunately they still RFE'd me instead of using it today. I will respond with an online upload now.

11/14/2023 - Sent to USCIS (I-485 + I-765 and  I-131 concurrent filing)

11/15/2023 - NOA1

11/25/2023 - Biometrics notice went out

12/11/2023 - Biometrics appointment

12/11/2023 - AOS and EAD cases changed to "actively reviewed"

01/05/2024 - RFE I-485 (Public Charge inadmissibility questions)

Sent my RFE response using the online option:

11/14/2023 - Sent to USCIS (I-485 + I-765 and  I-131 concurrent filing)

11/15/2023 - NOA1

11/25/2023 - Biometrics notice went out

12/11/2023 - Biometrics appointment

12/11/2023 - AOS and EAD cases changed to "actively reviewed"

01/05/2024 - RFE I-485 (Public Charge inadmissibility questions)

01/06/2024 - Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 12/21/2023 at 7:06 AM, S I A N said:

Yayyyy!!! Congratulations!!! That’s awesome. That reminds me, I need to add my husband onto my car insurance with his id now that it has come.

Thanks! Yes, same re: insurance. Annoying that we have to pay "new driver" rate for a year but it is what it is I suppose. 

Ironically, we got EAD "card is being produced" the day after passing the DL test / getting the temp DL. The EAD card arrived a day before the plastic DL. If we'd had the road test appointment literally one day later, we could have skipped the AB60 and waited a week for the EAD to arrive, to apply for REAL ID DL instead. But, we all know there was no way to know EAD would come that fast. This process works in the oddest ways sometimes. So, back the to the DMV we go to replace the AB60 with a ReadlD DL lol. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.