Bob in Boston

Christmas Travel 2023

12 posts in this topic

Well its that time of year again. We will be headed over on the 15th of December for our annual Christmas venture. Does anyone here know of any new requirements? I'm pretty sure its all gone away but I just want to make sure. Please feel free to respond or ask any questions of your own.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

to leave the US proof of covid vaccine and free of the illness is no longer required  but getting the new booster is a good idea

i would still use a mask not only because of covid but the flu

if traveling in US ,  hotels at Christmastime are not busy (almost empty)  as people are staying with family but nice sometimes to stay in one of these as rates go down and family homestead may be crowded.

if u know a good real estate agent,  u can rent out your apartment or house to other travelers while u r gone,  to help your own expenses 

Actually Thanksgiving is the most traveled holiday so allow ample time to go thru security at US airport

Atlanta expectations are

Hartsfield-Jackson expects 3.6 million passengers between Nov. 17 and Nov. 28. 

Thanks Jeanne, Was kind of looking for entry info into the Philippines. Anything availabe to you on that?

In September it was about as normal as it has ever been.  I think theoretically they may still have the eTravel QR code requirement (???) https://etravel.gov.ph/  so probably good to fill that out.  But functionally, no one cared or checked in our two entries and exits in September.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

6 hours ago, Bob in Boston said:

Well its that time of year again. We will be headed over on the 15th of December for our annual Christmas venture. Does anyone here know of any new requirements? I'm pretty sure its all gone away but I just want to make sure. Please feel free to respond or ask any questions of your own.

My wife an daughter are departing next week.  I will advise if anything odd is needed.

17 hours ago, top_secret said:

n September it was about as normal as it has ever been.  I think theoretically they may still have the eTravel QR code requirement (???) https://etravel.gov.ph/  so probably good to fill that out.  But functionally, no one cared or checked in our two entries and exits in September.

You are right, etravel lives on!

The Philippines Entry Regulations
(Updated October 3rd, 2023)

The Philippines has lifted all COVID-19 measures for international travelers. This means that tourists or temporary visitors no longer have to present proof of vaccination to enter the country. This allows individuals to visit the Philippines regardless of their COVID-19 vaccination status

The Philippines, however, requires travelers to register for an eTravel card within 72 hours before departure. This browser-based system features an easier and shorter registration process so travelers no longer need to download and install an app on their phones. Follow the Philippines Department of Tourism or contact the Philippines Bureau of Immigration for the latest advice. With the easing of COVID-19 restrictions, this tropical paradise awaits you with exciting adventures, unmatched natural beauty, and a wide array of aquatic activities. To plan your dream vacation to the Philippines, check out our tour offers. Also don't miss out our blog articles on this captivating destination.

15 hours ago, IWander said:

My wife an daughter are departing next week.  I will advise if anything odd is needed

That would be great, we leave on the 15th. I tried going to the Philippines web sites and its confusing. that e travel thing can only be filled out a few days befor you leave so make sure they do that.

37 minutes ago, Bob in Boston said:

That would be great, we leave on the 15th. I tried going to the Philippines web sites and its confusing. that e travel thing can only be filled out a few days befor you leave so make sure they do that.

That was all my wife said was etravel 72 hours before departure 

The best place I have found for information is the airlines, as they are the gate keepers.  Try this link, and enter your info:

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/covid-information-hub/covid-requirements

Finally done.

4 hours ago, Talako said:

The best place I have found for information is the airlines, as they are the gate keepers.  Try this link, and enter your info:

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/covid-information-hub/covid-requirements

Thanks, this answered all my questions.

Passport, Check!

Return Ticket, Check

E-Travel, Will do within 72 hours

Visa.... When I get there

Here is an alternative if you decide on becoming a world traveler:

https://apply.joinsherpa.com/travel-restrictions?affiliateId=sherpa&language=en-US

Any place to any other place, this covers it.

Finally done.

4 hours ago, Talako said:

ere is an alternative if you decide on becoming a world traveler:

https://apply.joinsherpa.com/travel-restrictions?affiliateId=sherpa&language=en-US

Any place to any other place, this covers it.

Very good site, thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.