alegra

I-751 Removal of Conditions, November 2023 Filers

115 posts in this topic

On 11/26/2023 at 3:33 PM, OldUser said:

The biometric appointment should only take 10-15 minutes. The interaction is pretty simple. From what I recall, you fill the form on paper asking for your name, date of birth and citizenship.

Then you show ID, personnel takes your fingerprints. Something like that.

You can try going together, but I'm not sure you're going to be let in.

Is that a different form in addition to biometric appointment notice? The appt notice has two pages and one has to be filled out with biometric information.

34 minutes ago, Nelly_M said:

Is that a different form in addition to biometric appointment notice? The appt notice has two pages and one has to be filled out with biometric information.

When I did mine, my appointment notice was 1 page and had nothing to be filled. I think USCIS streamlined the process.

7 minutes ago, OldUser said:

When I did mine, my appointment notice was 1 page and had nothing to be filled. I think USCIS streamlined the process.

There is a worksheet (AIW) along with ASC appt notice that needs to be completed before the appt. It is asking for name, dob, country of birth and citizenship as well as race, gender, weight, height, eye and hair color. 

22 minutes ago, Nelly_M said:

There is a worksheet (AIW) along with ASC appt notice that needs to be completed before the appt. It is asking for name, dob, country of birth and citizenship as well as race, gender, weight, height, eye and hair color. 

That’s normal. I had to fill one out before a biometric appointment for my adjustment of status process 

Edited by powerpuff

15 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Back in my days it wasn't like that, but I filed AOS in 2019

I guess it’s new-ish (?). They stamp it at the appointment and give the form back to you, at least that’s how it was for me

Alright folks, looks like I’m back in the November filers group. I thought USCIS will take longer with NOA1 post thanksgiving but I was wrong.

11/30: delivered to Elgin lockbox 

12/4: got a text with a received date of Nov. 30

I had an online account from my AOS days so this case was automatically added to my account so no need for an access code. Nothing yet in the USCIS notices tab. 

Hi there! We had an update today!

Here is our timeline so far:

• package was delivered on 11/17/23 (USPS)
  • Thanksgiving happened
  • We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, and sent you a receipt notice on 11/25/23
  • received a confirmation text with my case number on 11/27/23
  • check cashed on 11/27/23
  • Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS on 11/28/23
  • (NOA1) receipt notice with extension letter available online on 11/28/23 
  • biometrics reuse notice available online on 11/28/23 
  • biometrics reuse notice received on mail 12/05/23

Currently pending the (NOA1) receipt notice with extension letter on mail.

Notices indicate we got Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

A couple of updates to my timeline: 

• Package shipped via FedEx: 11.17.2023
  • Package delivered at Phoenix Lockbox: 11.20.2023
  • Text confirmation received with case number: 11.24.2023
  • Check cashed: 11.27.2023
  • NOA1 - Confirmation receipt and letter of extension uploaded to online account: 11.28.2023
  • NOA2 - Biometrics scheduling confirmation: 12.03.2023

The case is with the Vermont Service Center and I'm currently waiting on delivery of both NOAs in the mail. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 12/5/2023 at 2:46 PM, marianabrasil said:

Hi there! We had an update today!

Here is our timeline so far:

• package was delivered on 11/17/23 (USPS)
  • Thanksgiving happened
  • We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, and sent you a receipt notice on 11/25/23
  • received a confirmation text with my case number on 11/27/23
  • check cashed on 11/27/23
  • Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS on 11/28/23
  • (NOA1) receipt notice with extension letter available online on 11/28/23 
  • biometrics reuse notice available online on 11/28/23 
  • biometrics reuse notice received on mail 12/05/23

Currently pending the (NOA1) receipt notice with extension letter on mail.

Notices indicate we got Nebraska Service Center.

Hello! I saw in your earlier posts you said your receipt number starts with IOE. What does that mean? Isn't that an online electronic system? Does it still get processed at a center? You say you got Nebraska Service Center. I'm asking because today I found out the receipt number after chatting with Emma and it also starts with IOE. It was received and receipt notice was sent on 11/29 so still haven't received the mail. Did your notice contain access code to be able to add the case online? I tried to add ours to my own account I created for me first and later was able to add the K1 and AOS files, but this one I cannot. It says that it was already added to another account and I don't remember having another one. Did you experience the same thing? Is this normal for receipts starting with IOE? I did file citizenship online for me before and it started with IOE but honestly I don't remember the details. Thanks!

26 minutes ago, MaceMk said:

What does that mean? Isn't that an online electronic system? Does it still get processed at a center?

IOE cases are stored online rather than having to order a physical file from the underground archive USCIS has when the time comes to adjudicate it. That way it’s easier for an IO to look through it. It still gets assigned to a service center and a field office if you get an interview.

Did your notice contain access code to be able to add the case online?

Access code usually comes as a separate letter. If it doesn’t come, you can request it through Emma.

I tried to add ours to my own account I created for me first and later was able to add the K1 and AOS files, but this one I cannot. It says that it was already added to another account and I don't remember having another one. Did you experience the same thing? Is this normal for receipts starting with IOE? I did file citizenship online for me before and it started with IOE but honestly I don't remember the details. Thanks!

It sounds like you’re the US citizen spouse. You can’t add it to your account because you’re not the petitioner in a ROC case - the LPR spouse is the petitioner. He or she gets assigned an USCIS online account number which will be accessed with an online access code. The case is already linked to it and there you can see notices and also you can upload any additional evidence (in the unsolicited evidence tab). 

Edited by powerpuff

23 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

It sounds like you’re the US citizen spouse. You can’t add it to your account because you’re not the petitioner in a ROC case - the LPR spouse is the petitioner. He or she gets assigned an USCIS online account number which will be accessed with an online access code. The case is already linked to it and there you can see notices and also you can upload any additional evidence (in the unsolicited evidence tab). 

This↑

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
26 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

IOE cases are stored online rather than having to order a physical file from the underground archive USCIS has when the time comes to adjudicate it. That way it’s easier for an IO to look through it. It still gets assigned to a service center and a field office if you get an interview.

Access code usually comes as a separate letter. If it doesn’t come, you can request it through Emma.

Thank you for your answer! So his account details for signing in and adding the case there would be in that letter that comes separately? And if it doesn't come for some reason, do you know if there's a way to find out the account number along with the code through Emma as well? 

1 minute ago, MaceMk said:

Thank you for your answer! So his account details for signing in and adding the case there would be in that letter that comes separately? And if it doesn't come for some reason, do you know if there's a way to find out the account number along with the code through Emma as well? 

It may take 4-6 weeks after filing to receive those. Add some delay because of holidays. Has it been 6 weeks already?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.