mw & rg k1

October 2023 - AOS Filers

464 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, skk12345 said:

@smashtic Hey, how long did it take for you to get the card after your status changed to "card produced"?

Thanks!

Our Green-Card timeline
The EAD and AP was left open for quite some time and eventually changed to case closed in MyUSCIS ... Still shows as in process through normal search even today

GC approved 15 Dec
Found on USPS via Informed Delivery on 20 Dec)
Card produced 21 Dec (online status)
Scheduled delivery 23 Dec but USPS Slipped up and didn't get it in time
Actual delivery 26 Dec (USPS)

Check informed delivery and if you have card was produced message, you should see a tracking number thorugh informed delivery (USPS) or wait for a couple days to see if they make the update to card was picked up (which is hit or miss on USCIS website)

Edited by mw & rg k1

26 minutes ago, ThailandR said:

Just checked the USCIS app for I-485 status and saw they were sending another RFE, but under the Documents tab no RFE was showing. Went back to case history and there is another notation showing the request was canceled.

January 23, 2024
Status

Request for Additional Evidence Was Sent

Date

January 23, 2024

January 23, 2024
Status

We have cancelled the request for additional evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

Date

January 23, 2024

Has this happened to anyone else and what could it mean?

At least you’re getting some status updates! 😆 Ours has been stuck for months on the same status. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

https://citizenpath.com/proving-a-bona-fide-marriage/

Some light reading and ideas for I-751 proof of marriage docs to collect.

Edited by mw & rg k1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

So a new RFE popped into the Documents location this Morning. The RFE is fir completion of an I-693, civil surgeon medical exam. I will schedule one for my wife today. It says it can be uploaded on the online site but I thought these were sealed and to be unopened.  The one my wife came into the country with (IME) was sealed and given to CBP at the POE.

Hopefully this is the last paperwork they request.  

I wonder what was missing from her IME that they are requiring a new medical. Her medical was done in May of 2023 so it's not even a year yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, ThailandR said:

So a new RFE popped into the Documents location this Morning. The RFE is fir completion of an I-693, civil surgeon medical exam. I will schedule one for my wife today. It says it can be uploaded on the online site but I thought these were sealed and to be unopened.  The one my wife came into the country with (IME) was sealed and given to CBP at the POE.

Hopefully this is the last paperwork they request.  

I wonder what was missing from her IME that they are requiring a new medical. Her medical was done in May of 2023 so it's not even a year yet.

It’s possible that they want updated vaccines. When she did medicals, a vaccine may have not been available in the country. My husband’s vaccine sheet said varicella (chickenpox) vaccine wasn’t available in the country. I sent a message to his physician and she ordered labs to do a tiger test to see if he has immunity (haven taken the vaccine long ago). He was immune and we provided that test result to a civil surgeon nearby including that he has taken the most recent flu vaccine. The surgeon signed the I-693 and provided us a sealed envelope for us to provide for the RFE response.

Timeline
36 minutes ago, S I A N said:

It’s possible that they want updated vaccines. When she did medicals, a vaccine may have not been available in the country. My husband’s vaccine sheet said varicella (chickenpox) vaccine wasn’t available in the country. I sent a message to his physician and she ordered labs to do a tiger test to see if he has immunity (haven taken the vaccine long ago). He was immune and we provided that test result to a civil surgeon nearby including that he has taken the most recent flu vaccine. The surgeon signed the I-693 and provided us a sealed envelope for us to provide for the RFE response.

That is what the RFE states, Incomplete Vaccinations. She needed to have 3 vaccinations to complete the series for Varicella, Hepatitis B and one other. She completed them in Thailand before immigrating here to the US and I submitted the records from the Hospital where she received them from when I submitted the Copy of the medical record for her IME with the AOS package.  Sounds like they did not accept those documents as proof.

Scheduling a exam with a Civil Surgeon as soon as the office opens up.

Timeline

Exam has been scheduled for tomorrow. $420 usd, ouch....hopefully our insurance covers some of it.

Luckily here where we live it can be done without a long wait like it was in Thailand. There we had to schedule the appointment 2 months in advance to get it done just before the interview.

Edited by ThailandR

Timeline

Civil surgeon appointment completed, they required all new lab work which meant going over to a lab as well. Was told by the Doctor that they would reach out in 2 weeks when the paperwork was completed after the lab results came back.  Looks like no quick turn around like we hoped 😕 

Why does it seem like the AOS is a money pit.....insurance wouldn't cover the medical, but it did cover the labs, luckily the Civil surgeons office reduced the cost for the process to $350.  Labs were only $10.

Timeline
37 minutes ago, ThailandR said:

Civil surgeon appointment completed, they required all new lab work which meant going over to a lab as well. Was told by the Doctor that they would reach out in 2 weeks when the paperwork was completed after the lab results came back.  Looks like no quick turn around like we hoped 😕 

Why does it seem like the AOS is a money pit.....insurance wouldn't cover the medical, but it did cover the labs, luckily the Civil surgeons office reduced the cost for the process to $350.  Labs were only $10.

Woah. I guess we had a real good civil surgeon. Only paid $80 for him to update the vaccine worksheet with the vaccines my husband got at Kaiser. And got the paperwork same day.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, S I A N said:

Woah. I guess we had a real good civil surgeon. Only paid $80 for him to update the vaccine worksheet with the vaccines my husband got at Kaiser. And got the paperwork same day.

Wish the one we saw would have done that.  The RFE said to update vaccines, the Civil Surgeon said it was all or nothing.....

Timeline
46 minutes ago, ThailandR said:

Wish the one we saw would have done that.  The RFE said to update vaccines, the Civil Surgeon said it was all or nothing.....

Criminals

Got my EAD/AP card (finally!). 

I-485 also got approved on USCIS. If I want to travel and green card isn't officially delivered yet, I shouldn't have any issues with the AP/EAD being vaild and an i-485 approval notice, correct?

Thank you for all the support on here!  

Wishing everyone a speedy approval!

Edited by skk12345

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, skk12345 said:

I-485 also got approved on USCIS. If I want to travel and green card isn't officially delivered yet, I shouldn't have any issues with the AP/EAD being vaild and an i-485 approval notice, correct?

Congrats!! AP means you can travel even if the 485 is not approved so you should be good to go. Super fast on your 485, wow.

Edited by smashtic

14 minutes ago, skk12345 said:

When I-485 is approved, GC should arrive in 2-4 weeks. I'd wait before that, even though you can travel with AP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.