mw & rg k1

October 2023 - AOS Filers

472 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Systems back working correctly as far as showing cases in the account.

EAD has now gone back to showing 2 weeks from the 1week last week..  AOS for I-485 now says 3 months in the my progress....don't know what to believe anymore.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, ThailandR said:

Systems back working correctly as far as showing cases in the account.

EAD has now gone back to showing 2 weeks from the 1week last week..  AOS for I-485 now says 3 months in the my progress....don't know what to believe anymore.

Just don't believe USCIS time estimates that's for sure.

They are incapable of doing there jobs but very capable of taking our money and putting our lives on pause.

Hope you get something soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Okay, with the new cases reappearing in the USCIS Profile, I have just completed a Cover letter indicating that Section 8 Public charge questions 61-68 have been corrected.  I had the wife initial each change on the pages and included them in the scan that I am submitting through the on-line system.  Need to mail out the RFE paperwork for the I-864, its 150 pages in total......sad, but I took the kitchen sink approach.  Looks like our package was sent to Lee's Summit, MO.  Why it was not sent to the California Service center is anyone's guess.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, OsmanMCFC said:

Just don't believe USCIS time estimates that's for sure.

They are incapable of doing there jobs but very capable of taking our money and putting our lives on pause.

Hope you get something soon.

I think that depends on the office. After my husband did biometrics on 11/27, it said an estimate of 2 weeks for EAD Decision. His EAD card arrived in the mail this evening.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
16 hours ago, S I A N said:

I think that depends on the office. After my husband did biometrics on 11/27, it said an estimate of 2 weeks for EAD Decision. His EAD card arrived in the mail this evening.

Congratulations to your husband.

Hopefully we all get something before the new years...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline
On 12/7/2023 at 1:22 PM, Eb24 said:

EAD arrived today.

Hopefully, everyone gets some updates soon.

@grumpypiggy is your i485 application still on step 3 (attend interview, if necessary)?

Yes, still in step 3….

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 12/8/2023 at 6:16 PM, S I A N said:

Congrats on your husband .....
As for mine, I have now (Twice) been in a "Taking Longer than expected" .....
also pessimistic on the "myProgress" as it feels like a roulette wheel.  Some say it works (win) and more just see it as frustration.

Timeline
45 minutes ago, mw & rg k1 said:

Congrats on your husband .....
As for mine, I have now (Twice) been in a "Taking Longer than expected" .....
also pessimistic on the "myProgress" as it feels like a roulette wheel.  Some say it works (win) and more just see it as frustration.

Where are you located?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, S I A N said:

Where are you located?

Southern California (would be LA or Santa Ana local office) ..... @grumpypiggy is in Northern California ....
But as I understand it, EAD is handled by the National Center separate from any field office.
Seems you (LA) and Piggy have already gotten processed .... I'm rapidly sinking deeper and deeper into the unprocessed IOE09-226 group

IOE-09-226 10 Dec 23.jpg

Edited by mw & rg k1
a little more data

Timeline

Ok, I asked two Emma (just to double check) and they both told me my case was approved and card is awaiting production 12-12-2023 today, but my online account case status still showing response to RFE received, guess we will see! I still can't believe this...Hope my wish (get approval on 2 year anniversery of K1 application ---> 12-15-2021) could come ture🥹

Timeline
53 minutes ago, grumpypiggy said:

Ok, I asked two Emma (just to double check) and they both told me my case was approved and card is awaiting production 12-12-2023 today, but my online account case status still showing response to RFE received, guess we will see! I still can't believe this...Hope my wish (get approval on 2 year anniversery of K1 application ---> 12-15-2021) could come ture🥹

Congrats!!

3 hours ago, grumpypiggy said:

That’s amazing, congrats!!! Btw how do you get to a real agent on Emma? I can’t go pass the virtual assistant. 

Edited by serret

Timeline
1 hour ago, serret said:

That’s amazing, congrats!!! Btw how do you get to a real agent on Emma? I can’t go pass the virtual assistant. 

Thank you!

Tips: text “live chat” to Emma—>sometimes just keep clicking on connect me to a live chat—>you are asked if you have the A-number/case number, and click Yes—>type in case number—>type case status—>wait Emma to connect you to a real agent

Every time Emma says “service is down please try again later”, ignore it…just keep sending the message you want until it gets back to you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, grumpypiggy said:

If you go to your online account and check the documents most likely you’ll see your approval notice.

That’s how we found out that my husband’s EAD was approved. It was approved on Dec 4th, but the status changed only on Dec 11th when the card was produced. 
The status was showing “Case is being actively reviewed” but it had already been approved a week earlier. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, Kristina582 said:

If you go to your online account and check the documents most likely you’ll see your approval notice.

That’s how we found out that my husband’s EAD was approved. It was approved on Dec 4th, but the status changed only on Dec 11th when the card was produced. 
The status was showing “Case is being actively reviewed” but it had already been approved a week earlier. 

There is still no approval notice under my 485 documents online...but my status is in step 4 (case decision) instead of step 3(attend interview), and estimated time has changed from 4 months to 4 weeks compared to yesterday.

Edited by grumpypiggy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.