MamaBoyz

October 2023 | I-130 Filers | Parent

17 posts in this topic

Starting a thread for October I-130 for parent. I filed for my mum online, she is based in Lagos, Nigeria.

Filing date: 6th October 2023

Notice Date: 6th October 2023

Processing Office - Vermont Service Center.

Hello! Thanks for starting a thread! I just applied for my mum and dad 10/9. They got California and Vermont service centers assigned. 

AOS:

05/23/2018:     Sent in all four forms.

10/10/2018:     Interview at Detroit Field Office - Green Card Approved.

11/10/2018:     Green Card Received (Starting CPR 10/15/2018)

ROC:

07/24/2020:     Packet sent.

03/25/2021:     ROC Approved

03/29/2021:     Green Card Received

N-400:

07/17/2021:     Online Submission. NOA and Bio Reused 07/17.
10/20/2021:     Interview Scheduled for 12/03

01/12/2022:     Oath Ceremony

My case update is indicating 2 months for a decision to be made, I don't know how accurate this number is. How many months is it showing for you guys?

On 10/10/2023 at 9:07 AM, minimum20 said:

Hi, I just applied Oct 6 for my mom. She was assigned to Texas Service Center

On 10/9/2023 at 4:29 PM, shkabaan said:

Hello! Thanks for starting a thread! I just applied for my mum and dad 10/9. They got California and Vermont service centers assigned. 

3 hours ago, MamaBoyz said:

My case update is indicating 2 months for a decision to be made, I don't know how accurate this number is. How many months is it showing for you guys?

Hey! Yes both my cases are showing 2 months although one of them (CSC) moved to “Actively being reviewed” but the other (VSC) is still showing “USCIS received.”

I read a few Reddit posts about what this new myProgress tab is and most people say they didn’t see a change in their timeline and it took the full 12-14 months as it says on the Processing Times website but a handful of them had applications approved within 2-6 months so it’s all luck I guess haha

AOS:

ROC:

N-400:

28 minutes ago, Zoubir2000 said:

Filed online on 10/18. Receipt # starting with IOE, I guess it means it'll be processed "digitally", what ever that is?! In other words I'm not sure what center it landed in!

Any idea guys?

Thanks!

Welcome! Yup all online filers should have IOE prefix but if you open up the notice they sent/uploaded under Documents you will see the service center name at the bottom of the page. 

Also, anybody getting emails everyday about action on the case? I’ve been getting an email every morning since I filed without any update. I’m not expecting any and wasn’t gonna look before at least 4-6 months but these emails keep reminding me lol 

AOS:

ROC:

N-400:

6 minutes ago, shkabaan said:

Welcome! Yup all online filers should have IOE prefix but if you open up the notice they sent/uploaded under Documents you will see the service center name at the bottom of the page. 

Also, anybody getting emails everyday about action on the case? I’ve been getting an email every morning since I filed without any update. I’m not expecting any and wasn’t gonna look before at least 4-6 months but these emails keep reminding me lol 

Thank you. wrt emails you're getting that's usually a good sign (i think) b/c every time someone opens your file you get an email :)

18 minutes ago, Zoubir2000 said:

Thank you. wrt emails you're getting that's usually a good sign (i think) b/c every time someone opens your file you get an email :)

BTW, I just noticed that Mom's petition went to Vermont and Dad's to TX!!! On the petitions, I did mention that I'm filing for both parents (separately, of course). Do you guys think that once they start processing, they'll fwd both petitions to only one center so they can be processed by the same agent or will they be processed separately? The reason I'm asking is b/c on Dad's petition they ask for parents marriage certificate proof of divorce from previous marriages etc..., but NOT on my Mon's petition. They never asked for those docs!!!

On a separate note, I see that even after submitting the petitions, there's an option to add more evidence. Do you guys recommend that I add the marriage certificate to my Mom's petition or just leave it as is? Thanks!

Edited by Zoubir2000

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Zoubir2000 said:

BTW, I just noticed that Mom's petition went to Vermont and Dad's to TX!!! On the petitions, I did mention that I'm filing for both parents (separately, of course). Do you guys think that once they start processing, they'll fwd both petitions to only one center so they can be processed by the same agent or will they be processed separately? The reason I'm asking is b/c on Dad's petition they ask for parents marriage certificate proof of divorce from previous marriages etc..., but NOT on my Mon's petition. They never asked for those docs!!!

On a separate note, I see that even after submitting the petitions, there's an option to add more evidence. Do you guys recommend that I add the marriage certificate to my Mom's petition or just leave it as is? Thanks!

Your parents are each a separate case.  I would add the marriage certificate.  Since they are at different processing centers, do this:

1.  Hold the first case to be approved at NVC by not paying fees and submitting document.

2.  When BOTH cases are at NVC, pay the fees and submit documents for both cases.

3.  Contact NVC and the consulate to request they be interviewed together.

Good luck. 

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

21 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Your parents each a separate case.  I would add the marriage certificate.  Since they are at different processing centers, do this:

1.  Hold the first case to be approved at NVC by not paying fees and submitting document.

2.  When BOTH cases are at NVC, pay the fees and submit documents for both cases.

Good luck. 

Will do. Thank you so much!

1 hour ago, Crazy Cat said:

Your parents are each a separate case.  I would add the marriage certificate.  Since they are at different processing centers, do this:

Good luck. 

My parents also have separate service centers (Cali and Vermont). I submitted the exact same documents for both including marriage certificate. 

I was eventually gonna as this question about joint interview at some point. Thanks for this advice! 

AOS:

ROC:

N-400:

On 10/11/2023 at 12:15 PM, shkabaan said:

Hey! Yes both my cases are showing 2 months although one of them (CSC) moved to “Actively being reviewed” but the other (VSC) is still showing “USCIS received.”

I read a few Reddit posts about what this new myProgress tab is and most people say they didn’t see a change in their timeline and it took the full 12-14 months as it says on the Processing Times website but a handful of them had applications approved within 2-6 months so it’s all luck I guess haha

MamaBoyz said "My case update is indicating 2 months for a decision to be made", then shkabaan also said that he sees the same for his mom!  May I ask where do you guys see these updates indicating 2 months for a decision to be made? Thanks!

Edited by Zoubir2000

56 minutes ago, Zoubir2000 said:

MamaBoyz said "My case update is indicating 2 months for a decision to be made", then shkabaan also said that he sees the same for his mom!  May I ask where do you guys see these updates indicating 2 months for a decision to be made? Thanks!

On myUSCIS website there’s a tab for myProgress

IMG_7414.jpeg

AOS:

ROC:

N-400:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.