Luqmanahmed6753

Marriage Visa refused based on misrepresentation at the time of previous K1 visa (same applicant)

91 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Boiler said:

You are not that long into the process, a WoM is to speed things up when you should have obtained a response.

Yea.. but in my own sense I have been waiting since 2018.. what I see as the problem is that the embassy nor USCIS informed me about any finding of misrep. How was I allowed by the system to file an I-130 and go thru the entire damn process until my wife was given a permanent bar at the interview? If they had informed me I would've appealed it or at least not wasted my money and three years of agonizing wait.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Luqmanahmed6753 said:

Yea.. but in my own sense I have been waiting since 2018.. what I see as the problem is that the embassy nor USCIS informed me about any finding of misrep. How was I allowed by the system to file an I-130 and go thru the entire damn process until my wife was given a permanent bar at the interview? If they had informed me I would've appealed it or at least not wasted my money and three years of agonizing wait.

The simple answer is that is not how the system works

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Boiler said:

The simple answer is that is not how the system works

Yep.  That is what Hacking said.  Seems to me that a well-crafted waiver for serve hardship (which is what I hope the attorney addressed) is the path of least resistance at this point. 

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Yep.  That is what Hacking said.  Seems to me that a well-crafted waiver for serve hardship (which is what I hope the attorney addressed) is the path of least resistance at this point. 

I do agree with that, I differ on the likely result.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I tend to fast forward though the shows focussing on the more interesting stuff and of course to see if @Rocio0010 is on, she was yesterday.

There were quite a few today and of course unlike Jim I have time to think about it, where he gets his percentages from I have no idea.

Timeline
2 hours ago, W199 said:

They would need a letter from a respected high level religious leader with credentials to certify that it was not equivalent to a wedding. Thats why I keep saying his waiver needs to includes proof of that sort

So I would send it in as additional evidence? Because the waiver has already been filed.

Timeline

You have a Lawyer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
10 hours ago, Boiler said:

I tend to fast forward though the shows focussing on the more interesting stuff and of course to see if @Rocio0010 is on, she was yesterday.

There were quite a few today and of course unlike Jim I have time to think about it, where he gets his percentages from I have no idea.

Oh ####### I hope you didn’t see my messy hair and my chin! In my defense I was getting out of work on Wednesday when I called 

Edited by Rocio0010

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Timeline

I will refrain from posting a link to the show.

12 hours ago, Luqmanahmed6753 said:

Has your wife requested FOIA for her immigration history. Have you been able to see the redacted information from the first FOIA request?

10 hours ago, Luqmanahmed6753 said:

So I would send it in as additional evidence? Because the waiver has already been filed.

I wouldn't do anything until you know exactly what was written in the redacted section. Also, consult with a lawyer who specializes in waivers. 

10 hours ago, Boiler said:

Just like Hacking @Rocio0010 has a special text message service. You get notice when Hacking is on BUT ALSO she tells you if she will be on or not... you should consider signing up. I found the first caller the most interesting. "Sucks for me". 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Redro said:

Has your wife requested FOIA for her immigration history. Have you been able to see the redacted information from the first FOIA request?

I wouldn't do anything until you know exactly what was written in the redacted section. Also, consult with a lawyer who specializes in waivers. 

Just like Hacking @Rocio0010 has a special text message service. You get notice when Hacking is on BUT ALSO she tells you if she will be on or not... you should consider signing up. I found the first caller the most interesting. "Sucks for me". 

The waiver was filed some time back.

There were actually 2 of them, the first one confused me as how was he able to go through the I 485 process, they ask for evidence of your legal entry and he said he had none. Then I thought maybe DACA and he used AP, but not sure how he could have got DACA with the Drugs and Gun conviction. And he did not mention DACA.

Who told you this was a good idea?

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Boiler said:

The waiver was filed some time back.

There were actually 2 of them, the first one confused me as how was he able to go through the I 485 process, they ask for evidence of your legal entry and he said he had none. Then I thought maybe DACA and he used AP, but not sure how he could have got DACA with the Drugs and Gun conviction. And he did not mention DACA.

Who told you this was a good idea?

This isn't abt OP

Timeline
Just now, Luqmanahmed6753 said:

This isn't abt OP

I thought your Lawyer filed the I 601 waiver a few months ago?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Boiler said:

I thought your Lawyer filed the I 601 waiver a few months ago?

Yes but what your saying abt 485 and DACA isn't abt me

Timeline
Just now, Luqmanahmed6753 said:

Yes but what your saying abt 485 and DACA isn't abt me

You may not have seen it but they were on the same show you were on.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.