CaprilovesAries

Casablanca Embassy

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I need some advice, I keep hearing horror stories about the Casablanca embassy and their interview experience. People are stating they are getting denied with no explanation and that there is an officer there that is just denying people just because. Theres no red flags about our relationship aside from our religious belief and I guess that I have children from previous relationship (my fiancé did meet my kids and we stayed in Morocco with him for 20 days on ramadan) I am just nervous right now our visa is in transit and just need any advice or helpful tips to help ease our minds a bit.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I seriously doubt shall we say normal cases have much difficulty going through Casablanca. I think it is safe to say that Casablanca have many more unusual cases and inevitably those are the ones that have issues and the ones you see posted on line.

I have not come across any case being refused and the applicant not being told why anywhere, it is a legal requirement.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Forget the horror stories

If u have quality time spent together and he knows u well 

Things the CO may ask

1/ kids names

2/ ages of kids

3/ when u were together last

4/ how did marriage end and when

5/ does he plan to have children with u and if so, will they learn about Islam

Muslim man can marry Christian or Jewish girl in Moroc so not as big an issue as some other countries 

Approval K1's visas in Casa go up  and down

23 in April

9 in May

25 in June

7 in July 

Why?  could be less K1 interviews as they have to concentrate on student visas and dv lottery and the thouusands of tourist visas approved

stats can be found

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics.html

look under NIV for K1 and go to post and class

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I seriously doubt shall we say normal cases have much difficulty going through Casablanca. I think it is safe to say that Casablanca have many more unusual cases and inevitably those are the ones that have issues and the ones you see posted on line.

I have not come across any case being refused and the applicant not being told why anywhere, it is a legal requirement.

Basically the Moroccan knows but Casa doesn't say or give out a paper explanation / been this way since we tried in 2009

Timeline
21 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Basically the Moroccan knows but Casa doesn't say or give out a paper explanation / been this way since we tried in 2009

I finally got my "ready" status do I get to schedule my interview date or will they give me one? if so do you know how long till we get an interview date? Please and thank you in advance

Timeline
1 hour ago, CaprilovesAries said:

I finally got my "ready" status do I get to schedule my interview date or will they give me one? if so do you know how long till we get an interview date? Please and thank you in advance

U schedule the interview

A schedule will  come up on the screen showing u open dates and times

i am not able to see that schedule as i don't have  case open

Timeline
33 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

U schedule the interview

A schedule will  come up on the screen showing u open dates and times

i am not able to see that schedule as i don't have  case open

Can you provide me with the website to schedule the interview I tried going on us travel docs to schedule it but it keeps bringing me to the home page.

Timeline

You cannot schedule the K-1 interview online for the Casablanca consulate. You either wait for them to email you an interview date, or you can try emailing them to ask for a date. The email is K1Casablanca@state.gov.

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline
26 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

You cannot schedule the K-1 interview online for the Casablanca consulate. You either wait for them to email you an interview date, or you can try emailing them to ask for a date. The email is K1Casablanca@state.gov.

Do you think if I pay the visa fee I will get an interview date sooner? if not how long after the ready status will I get an interview date emailed to me?

Timeline
57 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

Ok sorry that part has changed since we did it in 2009

Consulate in Casablanca and we will contact the beneficiary of the petition directly to schedule an interview date.

But no the K1 ds 260 fee is paid to embassy at time of interview 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

the term u inquired about means case is sent to embassy

Thank you so much, I am sorry for asking on another post I am still kind of new to this site.

Timeline
2 hours ago, CaprilovesAries said:

Thank you so much, I am sorry for asking on another post I am still kind of new to this site.

yeah,   we have to stick to question asked by poster and create a new post to ask a different one

don't worry about it 

u r new 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.