CaprilovesAries

Casablanca Embassy

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

yeah,   we have to stick to question asked by poster and create a new post to ask a different one

don't worry about it 

u r new 

I had a ready status since Oct 2nd and they said they "escalated to post" once I contacted the call center,  but people are saying they been waiting for Casablanca embassy for 8 months etc I just need an idea so me and my fiancé to act accordingly. We gathered all documents everything if we would have known it would take this long we would have went through the marriage visa its about the same time. This is disheartening.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
12 hours ago, CaprilovesAries said:

I had a ready status since Oct 2nd and they said they "escalated to post" once I contacted the call center,  but people are saying they been waiting for Casablanca embassy for 8 months etc I just need an idea so me and my fiancé to act accordingly. We gathered all documents everything if we would have known it would take this long we would have went through the marriage visa its about the same time. This is disheartening.

Marriage visa is superior in many ways mostly lets him work ,  get DL and SS number easier

but u are almost to interview so ,  do not let this dishearten u

CR1 do wait longer at NVC for interview as there are documents to be checked at that stage

but u should hear in less time 

Have u checked the word portal  that takes u to Moroc site and looked at timelines of others going thru  the K1 process / there is a list on the right of approved and those scheduled for interview

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2023 at 10:45 AM, CaprilovesAries said:

I need some advice, I keep hearing horror stories about the Casablanca embassy and their interview experience. People are stating they are getting denied with no explanation and that there is an officer there that is just denying people just because. Theres no red flags about our relationship aside from our religious belief and I guess that I have children from previous relationship (my fiancé did meet my kids and we stayed in Morocco with him for 20 days on ramadan) I am just nervous right now our visa is in transit and just need any advice or helpful tips to help ease our minds a bit.

Do you guys have an age difference at all? Or has your fiance ever been with an American before? I've read about some issues with these subjects coming out of Casablanca before. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.