45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Zambia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, nullaccount said:

I’m clearly the only one here on this forum waiting from August 2023 now so perhaps we call again and mention that we know most of August has been processed? 

If it's any consolation, I received my NOA2 dated February 23rd and almost 5 weeks later have heard nothing. Just waiting, waiting, waiting. 😕

1 hour ago, J_and_I said:

If it's any consolation, I received my NOA2 dated February 23rd and almost 5 weeks later have heard nothing. Just waiting, waiting, waiting. 😕

Gosh that’s sad have you done an enquiry you are supposed to email for the case number so you can move on? 😕 I’d even just like an NOA2 at this point atleast then we know something hasn’t gone wrong 

I just wanted to let everyone know that we got approved yesterday with no issues what so ever. 

Sorry for all my anxious posting. Atleast we are now living proof that you can still be approved despite many weird small things that could have caused an issue and random status updates! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, nullaccount said:

I just wanted to let everyone know that we got approved yesterday with no issues what so ever. 

Sorry for all my anxious posting. Atleast we are now living proof that you can still be approved despite many weird small things that could have caused an issue and random status updates! 

That's amazing! I had read your previous threads/posts and felt your pain. It sounds like it was a really difficult process for you. I'm glad you didn't give up. :)

[I-129F to K1]  

I-129F Sent: 2024-03-30   

I-129F NOA1 (Text): 2024-04-17 

I-129F NOA1 (Mail): 2024-04-27 

Estimated NOA2: September 5 - 12, 2024 🤞

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey all, I have submitted an inquiry to NVC and got my case number and using that it looks like it was received at the embassy. Just waiting on the packet to be sent to my fianceé now.

Anyway, I found a set of message threads that you may find useful for K1 filers who have received their NOA2s. Mine was mistitled as February 2023, but the March 2024 one is also up if you're in that group. Here's the link to the February 2024 thread if you're interested in following along there.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
On 4/11/2024 at 10:23 AM, J_and_I said:

Hey all, I have submitted an inquiry to NVC and got my case number and using that it looks like it was received at the embassy. Just waiting on the packet to be sent to my fianceé now.

Anyway, I found a set of message threads that you may find useful for K1 filers who have received their NOA2s. Mine was mistitled as February 2023, but the March 2024 one is also up if you're in that group. Here's the link to the February 2024 thread if you're interested in following along there.

We're still waiting, waiting, waiting from NVC/Joberg.  Our NOA2 came the first week of March, so I'm just trying to relax and let them get around to it. At the end of March, I got our NVC case number and just status check from time to time. 

I'm not sure how thorough Zambia is, but Joberg just pushes packets 3 & 4 at the beneficiary's email in one fell swoop.  Or so I've heard.  Hopefully you're on track for your interview now!

Timeline
On 4/20/2024 at 10:20 PM, hplusj said:

We're still waiting, waiting, waiting from NVC/Joberg.  Our NOA2 came the first week of March, so I'm just trying to relax and let them get around to it. At the end of March, I got our NVC case number and just status check from time to time. 

I'm not sure how thorough Zambia is, but Joberg just pushes packets 3 & 4 at the beneficiary's email in one fell swoop.  Or so I've heard.  Hopefully you're on track for your interview now!

Thanks. Yeah, so far no packet, no email. CEAC shows it was received in Lusaka on March 28. I emailed the consulate this week to ask if it was okay to submit the DS-160 without having received the letter and was simply told that they will reach out to her to let her know the drop-off date (for documents) and interview date. So I guess we just hang out with the fully prepared DS-160 and she doesn't submit it yet...

Timeline
2 hours ago, PokuPoku said:

I got our NOA2 on Feb 27th, case assigned on March 11th, and its STILL "at NVC". Shouldn't it be heading to the embassy by now?

Hey, from what I understand, it is different with each embassy. Forms are generally sent in batches once an embassy tells the NVC they are ready for more petitions. Have you done an NVC public inquiry or emailed the embassy yet? Those would be my next steps. And just wait and see. 😒

Mine shows it was received at the embassy but after an email exchange, it seems we are just in a wait and see pattern too until she receives her email with further instructions. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
3 hours ago, J_and_I said:

Hey, from what I understand, it is different with each embassy. Forms are generally sent in batches once an embassy tells the NVC they are ready for more petitions. Have you done an NVC public inquiry or emailed the embassy yet? Those would be my next steps. And just wait and see. 😒

Mine shows it was received at the embassy but after an email exchange, it seems we are just in a wait and see pattern too until she receives her email with further instructions. 

Sounds like some progress!  We're still At NVC, just hoping Joberg picks some up today.  Otherwise, it's another two weeks til we cross our fingers again.

Hoping you see that email this week!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
On 4/23/2024 at 10:12 PM, J_and_I said:

I did a public inquiry to get my case number, but thats it. What should I asked exactly?

The timeline stats say the average processing time is 17 days, but its been over 40 days for us..... Just feels like something must be wrong?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello guys, I just need some guidance on this. My fiance is Ugandan and she is supposed to have her interview and medicals in Kenya. So far we received our case number from NVC but it was sent to Abudhabi UAE rather than Nairobi Kenya, tried to contact the Nairobi embassy but they replied that they haven't received the case and that they are facing a backlog but if there is an open appointment date, NVC will book us a day( didn't make so much sense to me) so am dazzled and don't know what to do now .

Timeline
11 hours ago, PokuPoku said:

I did a public inquiry to get my case number, but thats it. What should I asked exactly?

The timeline stats say the average processing time is 17 days, but its been over 40 days for us..... Just feels like something must be wrong?

Sounds like maybe it's time for another public inquiry. Also I have had quicker responses with the embassy who has confirmed that it was received there and she will receive an email with further instructions, but she still doesn't have an email. So we're still just waiting to submit the DS-160 and working on getting all of the documents lined up.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Terrell USA said:

Hello guys, I just need some guidance on this. My fiance is Ugandan and she is supposed to have her interview and medicals in Kenya. So far we received our case number from NVC but it was sent to Abudhabi UAE rather than Nairobi Kenya, tried to contact the Nairobi embassy but they replied that they haven't received the case and that they are facing a backlog but if there is an open appointment date, NVC will book us a day( didn't make so much sense to me) so am dazzled and don't know what to do now .

Oh no! I looks like you've followed the process https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/national-visa-center/immigrant-visas-processing-general-faqs.html#ivp13 and that the Nairobi embassy is hesitant to accept.

Would it be possible to maybe try to get an appointment in a nearby visa free embassy like Kampala, Dar es Salaam, Lusaka, Harare, etc. or even try Johannesburg (I know flights from most of southern Africa to J'Burg are usually pretty affordable, but it looks like a Ugandan citizen requires an eVisa)?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
2 hours ago, J_and_I said:

Oh no! I looks like you've followed the process https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/national-visa-center/immigrant-visas-processing-general-faqs.html#ivp13 and that the Nairobi embassy is hesitant to accept.

Would it be possible to maybe try to get an appointment in a nearby visa free embassy like Kampala, Dar es Salaam, Lusaka, Harare, etc. or even try Johannesburg (I know flights from most of southern Africa to J'Burg are usually pretty affordable, but it looks like a Ugandan citizen requires an eVisa)?

Well, problem is that in Kampala they only work on visitor visas and other visa interviews are conducted in Nairobi for Ugandan citizens. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.