45 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hello...Welcome!

For those who have just filed your I-129f application with USCIS, this thread has been created for your needs and for you to be with others experiencing different aspects of this journey. This is a place to ask questions and to share experiences. All are here to learn together.

Stay patient because this is a long process currently running 12-16 months for your NOA2 or petition approval by USCIS (first stage). Then your petition will be sent to NVC which runs about 6-8 weeks processing (second stage) and finally your interview at the embassy (third stage).  Also, do not compare yourself to others....Some will receive NOA-2 faster than others, some will be stuck at NVC for longer and then finally some will receive interviews fairly quickly at embassy. STAY PATIENT! 

Please create the timeline in your profile. Also note that USCIS goes by "Received date" :

Example

I-129 F Sent – August 14, 2023

I-129 F Received – August 16, 2023 (NOA-1) 

I-129 F - Notice Date – August 18, 2023

In this example your NOA-1 should be August 16th. This will help you fill out your timeline properly. 

image.thumb.png.88ee5a8c6e36ccd019f9434276d23c67.png

image.thumb.png.99cf2a7075e82c9b04414b4b747b0833.png

Edited by Tim and Joan

Timeline

I agree. The track my visa site is saying we could hear something back by March 19 2024. I can dream at least 😁. I see people that filed in November are hearing back. Fingers crossed. 

Edited by Tim and Joan

• 4 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Zambia
Timeline

From what I can tell, they process urgent needs pretty quickly (e.g., Ukraine, Russia, Israel, Palestine, Sudan). It looks like they are focused on May and June with some outliers from September and October. At the rate things have been going, it looks like Tim's mid-March prediction seems like a good estimate still!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
58 minutes ago, J_and_I said:

NOA1 dated 8/4/23. Form I-129f approved this evening 2/23/24. Now to wait on the mail. Hang in there, August people!

Whoa!

We filled in July. I'm visiting my fiancee in a few days. We might end up getting approved while I'm visiting her! We weren't expecting NOA2 until April the earliest. Crazy to think we could get it any day now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello Everyone, 

I got a SMS message today from USCIS. The message informed me that my I-129F has been approved and a letter with instructions will be mailed to me by March 12, 2024. This is definately good news. 

Timeline
13 hours ago, Terrell USA said:

Hello Everyone, 

I got a SMS message today from USCIS. The message informed me that my I-129F has been approved and a letter with instructions will be mailed to me by March 12, 2024. This is definately good news. 

Congratulations! I didn't even receive an SMS, just an email from TrackMyVisa and when I checked on the USCIS website it confirmed.

I’m genuinely so nervous about this part. I hope none of us get left behind. We have not had a straight forward journey so far so we hope we aren’t left in a pile collecting dust somewhere (we got multiple document returned status updates and stuck in an admin loop but were told we’d still be processed 😞) Would love to be approved in March that would be the most perfect time especially for my work and apartment. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, NizoPark said:

I guess there's not many august filers here.

Anyone else just losing hope? 50% of cases done now and no approval for me yet... I just knew this would happen. We did everything right and yet this is how God treats us.

Just really down.

Also keep in mind that your date was the 23rd, which is well over 50% of the way through the month. Mine was the 4th. They'll get there!

Edited by J_and_I

18 hours ago, J_and_I said:

Also keep in mind that your date was the 23rd, which is well over 50% of the way through the month. Mine was the 4th. They'll get there!

Oh, my date is the 18th. I'll have to go change that.

Still not happy. Most cases on my day have been processed now. Deffo been left behind, I knew it would happen even though we did everything right.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
On 2/23/2024 at 8:09 PM, PokuPoku said:

I'm visiting my fiancee in a few days. We might end up getting approved while I'm visiting her!

So this is exactly what happened :)

My NOA1 is July 31st, so, basically August. I never guessed we would have received it so early. I'm so happy we got to celebrate the approval together and with our families.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.