71 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This part of the wait is hopefully short but can be annoying. Also USCIS might not always update status to sent to DOS but they usually do. If status still just say "approved" after 3 weeks, I would use AskNVC to check regardless. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 5/10/2024 at 3:52 PM, MalloryCat said:

typically the NOA2 gets mailed out the same day it was approved.
the USCIS site will update to "sent to DOS" not too long after. for example mine updated to "sent to DOS" 6 days after it was approved by USCIS.

I believe I received the NOA2 sometime in between when it was approved and when it was sent to DOS.

I believe USCIS only sends batches of petitions to DOS twice a month.

USCIS is usually pretty good about sending out the NOAs, so I wouldn't be to worried

So Ours changed to Sent to DOS Friday but we still haven’t had anything through the mail. It does say to wait until May 23rd so we are waiting to get this in the mail. Can we submit inquiry for NVC number now anyway so just in case they get to it we can get it faster or is it best to wait? 

Also I had a look at timelines for people and seems the interviews for the UK London embassy seem to be all the way in July for those approved in Feb/March. Seems like a really long wait. 

Timeline
On 5/10/2024 at 6:57 PM, SneakyPete said:

This part of the wait is hopefully short but can be annoying. Also USCIS might not always update status to sent to DOS but they usually do. If status still just say "approved" after 3 weeks, I would use AskNVC to check regardless. 

It has updated to Sent to DOS. Thank you for your help. 

Do you know on average how long is left of this process until interview or what interview dates are for people who have just been approved this month? Seems Feb/March approvals interview is in July? Any info would be helpful. 

Thank you again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Happy1233 said:

So Ours changed to Sent to DOS Friday but we still haven’t had anything through the mail. It does say to wait until May 23rd so we are waiting to get this in the mail. Can we submit inquiry for NVC number now anyway so just in case they get to it we can get it faster or is it best to wait? 

Also I had a look at timelines for people and seems the interviews for the UK London embassy seem to be all the way in July for those approved in Feb/March. Seems like a really long wait. 

we waited 2 weeks before submitting an inquiry to the NVC to get our case number. Our case was updated to "sent to DOS" on march 12, and I reached out to the NVC on the march 25 and got a response the next day with our case number.

Some cases USCIS still sends through the actual mail to the NVC and not electronically, I'm honestly not sure how they send I-129f petitions. So if you were to reach out sooner, they might not have it yet.

I would say still wait until the 23rd to reach out to them.

Even if you did get the case number now, you still have to wait for the NVC to send your case onto the embassy in the UK. which can still take a month or so, it depends on the embassy. the case number gives you the ability to track your case through the CEAC.

I know july seems like a long wait, but you still have to gather the remaining documents that are brought to the interview and there is still the medical that the beneficiary has to go to. July is only a month and a half away and that is honestly not too bad.

But if your case was only sent to the DOS on friday, theres a good chance the interview wont be until august maybe even septmeber. And again, i know that seems like a long time from now. But even that is in less than 3 months.

trust me now is just more waiting, there is not much you can do while your case is being sent between USCIS, NVC, and the embassy other than gathering the documents you need for the interview.

I-129f Sent:  08-07-2023

I-129f NOA1:  08-15-2023

I-129f NOA2: 03-05-2024

NVC Case # Assigned:  03-25-2024

Consulate Received: 04-11-2024

Packet 3 Received: 04-25-2024

Interview Date: 07-09-2024!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Zambia
Timeline
2 hours ago, MalloryCat said:

we waited 2 weeks before submitting an inquiry to the NVC to get our case number. Our case was updated to "sent to DOS" on march 12, and I reached out to the NVC on the march 25 and got a response the next day with our case number.

Some cases USCIS still sends through the actual mail to the NVC and not electronically, I'm honestly not sure how they send I-129f petitions. So if you were to reach out sooner, they might not have it yet.

Even if you did get the case number now, you still have to wait for the NVC to send your case onto the embassy in the UK. which can still take a month or so, it depends on the embassy. the case number gives you the ability to track your case through the CEAC.

I know july seems like a long wait, but you still have to gather the remaining documents that are brought to the interview and there is still the medical that the beneficiary has to go to. July is only a month and a half away and that is honestly not too bad.

But if your case was only sent to the DOS on friday, theres a good chance the interview wont be until august maybe even septmeber. And again, i know that seems like a long time from now. But even that is in less than 3 months.

trust me now is just more waiting, there is not much you can do while your case is being sent between USCIS, NVC, and the embassy other than gathering the documents you need for the interview.

@Happy1233 Congratulations! I now it's exciting and hard to imagine waiting a few more months, but you're one step closer!

To add what @MalloryCat said, once it is at the embassy, it may still be weeks or even months before you hear anything. Different embassy, but ours was received six weeks ago and still nothing. Just hang in there!

Timeline
On 5/13/2024 at 2:37 PM, MalloryCat said:

Thank you for the thorough response. I feel after all this waiting we just get impatient because it’s already been so long but yes will wait and hopefully they see one our NVC case number soon. 

Yes we started to go through all the other documentation we need like the I-134.
Do you have a list of everything that you will be taking / preparing that I could use too as we are not going through a lawyer?

Honestly you are right, we have been waiting since July 2023 so the next few months will hopefully go by quick too. 

But good luck for your interview and keep us posted! 

Timeline
On 5/13/2024 at 5:14 PM, J_and_I said:

@Happy1233 Congratulations! I now it's exciting and hard to imagine waiting a few more months, but you're one step closer!

To add what @MalloryCat said, once it is at the embassy, it may still be weeks or even months before you hear anything. Different embassy, but ours was received six weeks ago and still nothing. Just hang in there!

Thank you 🩷🩷means a lot. I feel so excited but more nervous at the same time! Just wish this process goes smoothly and we can all close the distance with our significant others! 

I wonder if there’s a timescale or any website which tells us how long each embassy is taking to process cases once it reaches them? Any idea? But sending you my prayers hopefully you hear back this week! 

Timeline
On 5/13/2024 at 5:41 PM, SneakyPete said:

The interview date will depend entirely on your Embassy. You will want to check Knightsbridge specific forum about how long it takes in UK.

I am not too sure which website you mean, could you please put a link in so we can keep track of how long the London embassy in the UK is taking to process or give interviews for K-1 visa ? Sorry to be such a bother but thank you for your help! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Happy1233 said:

Thank you for the thorough response. I feel after all this waiting we just get impatient because it’s already been so long but yes will wait and hopefully they see one our NVC case number soon. 

Yes we started to go through all the other documentation we need like the I-134.
Do you have a list of everything that you will be taking / preparing that I could use too as we are not going through a lawyer?

Honestly you are right, we have been waiting since July 2023 so the next few months will hopefully go by quick too. 

But good luck for your interview and keep us posted! 

It is a pretty long list of things honestly lol

Once you receive the packet 3 from the embassy, it should list everything that will need to be brought to the interview.

The information here would help more since we are going through the Frankfurt embassy

https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=United Kingdom&cty=London

I-129f Sent:  08-07-2023

I-129f NOA1:  08-15-2023

I-129f NOA2: 03-05-2024

NVC Case # Assigned:  03-25-2024

Consulate Received: 04-11-2024

Packet 3 Received: 04-25-2024

Interview Date: 07-09-2024!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Happy1233 said:

I am not too sure which website you mean, could you please put a link in so we can keep track of how long the London embassy in the UK is taking to process or give interviews for K-1 visa ? Sorry to be such a bother but thank you for your help! 

This website https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/ Also the Discord for K-1 visa. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.