71 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
On 4/26/2024 at 8:35 AM, J_and_I said:

Sounds like maybe it's time for another public inquiry. Also I have had quicker responses with the embassy who has confirmed that it was received there and she will receive an email with further instructions, but she still doesn't have an email. So we're still just waiting to submit the DS-160 and working on getting all of the documents lined up.

They replied but didn't tell me anything new.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You guys on here seem to be really good at responding so thought I would reach out on here. 

I am becoming increasingly worried and concerned because we filled July 2023. Please see my timeline below as I don’t know what to do anymore. 

Applied for I-129F on 14th July 2023.

January 26th 2024 - we received a letter requesting initial and additional evidence.

February 8th 2024 USCIS received our response.

6th May 2024 - still waiting as nothing further from them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Zambia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Happy1233 said:

You guys on here seem to be really good at responding so thought I would reach out on here. 

I am becoming increasingly worried and concerned because we filled July 2023. Please see my timeline below as I don’t know what to do anymore. 

January 26th 2024 - we received a letter requesting initial and additional evidence.

Hey,

It will simplify things if you complete your timeline through the system. Did you receive a NOA1 yet? Do you have a receipt number? NOA2? Was the January 26th letter a Request for Evidence (RFE)? It looks like your case is going through the UK, so there should be plenty of people who can help you since that is a pretty popular embassy for this kind of thing.

Hopefully you can get that filled out and start getting some answers soon!

Timeline
39 minutes ago, J_and_I said:

Hey,

It will simplify things if you complete your timeline through the system. Did you receive a NOA1 yet? Do you have a receipt number? NOA2? Was the January 26th letter a Request for Evidence (RFE)? It looks like your case is going through the UK, so there should be plenty of people who can help you since that is a pretty popular embassy for this kind of thing.

Hopefully you can get that filled out and start getting some answers soon!

I am new to this website so I am not really sure how to fill in the timeline through the system. Could you please tell me how I should do it? Thank you

Also I do have a receipt number it was issued back in July 2023. 

26th Jan 2024 was the RFE. We sent that and they acknowledged receipt of it on Feb 8th. 

I have read around and seems everyone from August to December 2023 has been approved but we are still waiting and starting to worry a lot. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Happy1233 said:

I am new to this website so I am not really sure how to fill in the timeline through the system. Could you please tell me how I should do it? Thank you

Also I do have a receipt number it was issued back in July 2023. 

26th Jan 2024 was the RFE. We sent that and they acknowledged receipt of it on Feb 8th. 

I have read around and seems everyone from August to December 2023 has been approved but we are still waiting and starting to worry a lot. 

Sure, no problem! You can just click on "Timeline" under my info on the left side of this message and follow the instructions from there. You have your dates all in order, so it should be pretty simple. Then it will give you options to views similar timelines to give you a better idea of what has happened historically (and possibly concurrently) with similar cases.

Timeline
29 minutes ago, J_and_I said:

Sure, no problem! You can just click on "Timeline" under my info on the left side of this message and follow the instructions from there. You have your dates all in order, so it should be pretty simple. Then it will give you options to views similar timelines to give you a better idea of what has happened historically (and possibly concurrently) with similar cases.

I have just filled it out and matched to other timelines and seems everyone besides myself has had a NOA2 by now besides myself. 

Really getting upset because it seems everyone from July / August has had an outcome by now. 

Do you have any advise? 

Also thank you for replying

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Happy1233 said:

I have just filled it out and matched to other timelines and seems everyone besides myself has had a NOA2 by now besides myself. 

Really getting upset because it seems everyone from July / August has had an outcome by now. 

Do you have any advise? 

Also thank you for replying

I know it can get frustrating. I looks like 60% of the similar cases have received NOA2 now. Not quite everyone, but it sure gets frustrating when most cases have processed.

Looking at https://***removed due to spam***/i129f I see that 9.1% of July filers (278 cases) are still stuck in RFE and USCIS processed 15 July RFE cases in the last week. It's slow, but it's moving. They are mostly processing new cases received in December 2023 and January, and your RFE lines up with when they "should have" processed your case.

My guess is as they continue processing new cases received in December and January, yours will be coming up very soon.

I subscribed to Trackmyvisa for the last month or two of my case and got more info than I could find on the free site I linked above. Once your cases moves on, they automatically cancel your subscription. Purchasing a subscription and getting better data may help you feel like you have a better understanding of things, or at least allow you to distract yourself with data! :)

Hang in there! The waiting is the hardest part, especially when it seems everyone else is getting their stuff done and you're being left behind.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, J_and_I said:

I know it can get frustrating. I looks like 60% of the similar cases have received NOA2 now. Not quite everyone, but it sure gets frustrating when most cases have processed.

Looking at https://***removed due to spam***/i129f I see that 9.1% of July filers (278 cases) are still stuck in RFE and USCIS processed 15 July RFE cases in the last week. It's slow, but it's moving. They are mostly processing new cases received in December 2023 and January, and your RFE lines up with when they "should have" processed your case.

My guess is as they continue processing new cases received in December and January, yours will be coming up very soon.

I subscribed to Trackmyvisa for the last month or two of my case and got more info than I could find on the free site I linked above. Once your cases moves on, they automatically cancel your subscription. Purchasing a subscription and getting better data may help you feel like you have a better understanding of things, or at least allow you to distract yourself with data! :)

Hang in there! The waiting is the hardest part, especially when it seems everyone else is getting their stuff done and you're being left behind.

Okay wow that’s really informative. Thank you for typing that out and replying to me. It means a lot. God bless you 

Honestly it’s really frustrating like I can’t even begin to explain, long distance is difficult itself especially because we have an 8 hour time difference but the anticipation of not knowing what’s going on makes it so much worse. 

Do you think as they are processing cases from Dec/Jan that they will process the case in accordance from when they received the RFE in Feb rather than the NOA1 date which was July 2023? As in beginning to think it will be processed when they start to work on cases from Feb as that’s when they received the response to the RFE

Also I’m looking at getting a monthly subscription on the trackmyvisanow and do you recommend I get the ultimate tracker Pro or the ultimate tracker basic? 

Again thank you for your help. ❤️

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Happy1233 said:

Okay wow that’s really informative. Thank you for typing that out and replying to me. It means a lot. God bless you 

Honestly it’s really frustrating like I can’t even begin to explain, long distance is difficult itself especially because we have an 8 hour time difference but the anticipation of not knowing what’s going on makes it so much worse. 

Do you think as they are processing cases from Dec/Jan that they will process the case in accordance from when they received the RFE in Feb rather than the NOA1 date which was July 2023? As in beginning to think it will be processed when they start to work on cases from Feb as that’s when they received the response to the RFE

Also I’m looking at getting a monthly subscription on the trackmyvisanow and do you recommend I get the ultimate tracker Pro or the ultimate tracker basic? 

Again thank you for your help. ❤️

Great. I don't really know and I don't know your financial situation so I can't recommend either for you. Look at the options and see what works best for you. Good luck!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, J_and_I said:

Great. I don't really know and I don't know your financial situation so I can't recommend either for you. Look at the options and see what works best for you. Good luck!

Okay I will look at them and just get one. Hoping it brings me more ease. 

thank you again for your help

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Happy1233 said:

Looks like it was more than 60 days after they received your response. You should contact them and possibly your congressperson/senators. 

Timeline
On 5/6/2024 at 10:33 PM, SneakyPete said:

Looks like it was more than 60 days after they received your response. You should contact them and possibly your congressperson/senators. 

We have finally been approved as of yesterday! USCIS updated on website and they have told us to wait for the approval notice! Thank God, so so grateful. Thank you for being so supportive! 

Does anyone know what the next stages are and is there anything I can do to be prepared?

Thank you! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wait 2 weeks after USCIS status shows "Case sent to DOS" then use https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html to submit inquiry about your NVC case number. Do not write long messages, just provide your WAC number to them and ask for NVC Case Number. Repat this every week until they provide you with one. Then you can monitor your case on CEAC website. 

Congrats and good luck.

Timeline
18 hours ago, SneakyPete said:

Wait 2 weeks after USCIS status shows "Case sent to DOS" then use https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html to submit inquiry about your NVC case number. Do not write long messages, just provide your WAC number to them and ask for NVC Case Number. Repat this every week until they provide you with one. Then you can monitor your case on CEAC website. 

Congrats and good luck.

Thank you appreciate all the help. 

Just to confirm as of right now it still says ‘approved’ and wait for approval notice and to contact USCIS if I don’t get it by 23rd May. By this date will the website update to “Case sent to DOS”? Or do I need to wait until I get this update and then wait a further 2 weeks, if that makes sense? Sorry just trying to understand correctly as we are doing it without a lawyer! 

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Happy1233 said:

Thank you appreciate all the help. 

Just to confirm as of right now it still says ‘approved’ and wait for approval notice and to contact USCIS if I don’t get it by 23rd May. By this date will the website update to “Case sent to DOS”? Or do I need to wait until I get this update and then wait a further 2 weeks, if that makes sense? Sorry just trying to understand correctly as we are doing it without a lawyer! 

Thank you

typically the NOA2 gets mailed out the same day it was approved.
the USCIS site will update to "sent to DOS" not too long after. for example mine updated to "sent to DOS" 6 days after it was approved by USCIS.

I believe I received the NOA2 sometime in between when it was approved and when it was sent to DOS.

I believe USCIS only sends batches of petitions to DOS twice a month.

USCIS is usually pretty good about sending out the NOAs, so I wouldn't be to worried

I-129f Sent:  08-07-2023

I-129f NOA1:  08-15-2023

I-129f NOA2: 03-05-2024

NVC Case # Assigned:  03-25-2024

Consulate Received: 04-11-2024

Packet 3 Received: 04-25-2024

Interview Date: 07-09-2024!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.