gabby4ever

Cars - Honda Odissey

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

thinking of gettin' one !! any of you have a honda odissey???

id like to hear some pros and cons before spending all that money on it :)

09/13/05 : AOS papers sent to Chicago

10/05/05 : checks cashed

10/05/05 : NOA 1 in the mail yehawwww !!!!!

11/29/05 : AP approoooooved !!!!!

03/06/06 : biometrics appointment

03/07/06 : touched

01/03/07 : interview letter in the mail

02/26/07 : interview finalllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

AAAPPPRRROOOVVVEEEDDD !!!!!!!!!!! STAMP IN THE PASSPORT !!!!

03/06/2007: RECEIVED GREENCARD !!! NO MISTAKES !!!!!

01/27/09 : I-751 package mailed to Vermont

02/05/09 : check cashed

02/09/09 : NOA received

02/21/09 : biometrics letter received

03/07/09 : biometrics appointment

03/09/09 : touched

03/10/09 : touched

06/16/09 : APROVVVVVEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!! letter from USCIS received

06/30/09 : Greencard received!!! NO MISTAKES!!!

04/12/2010 : N-400 package sent...fingers crossed for a fast approval.....

06/07/2010 : Biometrics in Orlando

08/09/2010: Citizenship interview - PASSED!!!!

08/13/2010 : OATH Ceremony - Finally a US citizen and DONE with USCIS!!!!

Filed: Timeline

The 2007 Odyssey has a good crash test rating but be sure you get side curtain airbags on ANY vehicle you buy.

If I were you I'd research all minivans with a five-star crash test rating, then see which ones are most reliable...then get competing quotes from local dealerships.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

i have a friend at work, who bought one and likes it, the only complaint was the road noise..states, it is too loud, the dealer told him, he needs to buy different tire

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Two friends of ours have Odyssey mini vans and they love them.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
i have a friend at work, who bought one and likes it, the only complaint was the road noise..states, it is too loud, the dealer told him, he needs to buy different tire

Tires make the biggest difference in road noise (sound proofing too, but you can't control that). Performance tires (the expensive ones) tend to be noisy anyway. Cheaper ones (kumho, sumitomo) also tend to be noisy. Michelin/Pirelli tend to be fairly good. tirerack.com has reviews of just about every tire on earth.

Also, if you live in a cold climate, snow tires have more to do with control in winter than the car does. Don't buy a car because a dealer tells you it is good in the snow. That is a lie. You need to buy snow tires and put them on when it snows. Rear wheel drive cars are fine in the snow with snow tires. Even an AWD car like mine is horrible in snow with summer tires.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Timeline

thank you all for your replies. just wanted to get a good car, BIG and afordable....so far a love the odissey but if any of you know of a better car/van that is big and cheaper than the odissey im opened for suggestions :)

If i were going to buy a mini van i be looking at the Nissan Quest its really nice looking inside and out rides good too.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

If i were going to buy a mini van i be looking at the Nissan Quest its really nice looking inside and out rides good too.
12140.gif

Ok, I'm a little retarded today and dont know what I'm doing.

Disregard the previous post, and here's what I meant to say. Nissans loose value a lot quicker. My friend lost $7000 by selling her 2006 Altima this month.

We are a honda family, everyone everyone sticks to that brand & we are happy. Honda's depreciate very slowly and retain value in case you want to sell down the road. My husband and I have 2 civics (96) and we never had to do any work on them, except for routine stuff like oil changes. That tells you about quality!

Go to edmunds.com and request a quote from local dealers, tell them you are buying within the week, and they will get all excited :dancing: and hurry to get you a good deal. Everytime I ever did this, the prices they came back with, beat those that you had to haggle to get at the dealership location.

Edited by Nanusia & Lukaszek
12140.gif

Disregard the previous post, and here's what I meant to say. Nissans loose value a lot quicker. My friend lost $7000 by selling her 2006 Altima this month.

We are a honda family, everyone everyone sticks to that brand & we are happy. Honda's depreciate very slowly and retain value in case you want to sell down the road. My husband and I have 2 civics (96) and we never had to do any work on them, except for routine stuff like oil changes. That tells you about quality!

Go to edmunds.com and request a quote from local dealers, tell them you are buying within the week, and they will get all excited :dancing: and hurry to get you a good deal. Everytime I ever did this, the prices they came back with, beat those that you had to haggle to get at the dealership location.

Dont have to be a azzhole about it just trying to help out geez some people. Why the double quotes???

Edited by evdogg412

Citizenship

Event Date

Citizenship Interview

Filed: Timeline

Hondas and Toyotas are good but any new car will depreciate very quickly.

You can mitigate that by choosing popular options on your car; my car will be worth more at trade-in than some of the other trims because mine has a V6 engine and a leather-wrapped steering wheel...both are popular options here in Texas. :thumbs:

I also got some online quotes when I was car shopping but some of them were ridiculous. In the end, though, I bought the car from someone who gave me an extremely competitive quote via e-mail.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Buy a 2 year old Toyota or Honda

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

I love Nissan they make great cars i owned two in the past never had any problems with Nissan's. Honda's are great cars too but over priced even the used Honda's. If were to buy another car it just might be a Nissan lol.

Citizenship

Event Date

Citizenship Interview

If you really want the story, try the Odyssey club at www.odyclub.com. For a look at the Odyssey's main competitor, see www.siennaclub.org. If you're looking at the Odyssey, you should check out the Sienna, too. Both of those boards have special forums devoted to comparing their vans to the competition.

Beware that the top-of-the-line "Touring" model Odyssey comes with special run-flat tires. That sounds great, until you find out how expensive they are, what limited range they have, how short the treadlife is, and how extremely limited you'll be in finding a place that can repair or replace them. We tend to take vacations in remote areas, so we chose an Odyssey with conventional tires in order to avoid being stranded far from a place that could service those special tires. If you check that Odyclub board for "PAX Tires", you'll get more info on the subject than you could possibly want. Some love them, some hate them, but you shouldn't buy them without at least understanding the issues.

We bought an Odyssey about three months ago. The fact that we like it and haven't had any problems yet is hardly surprising. It handles beautifully. It has been getting nicer as we've gotten to know all the features.

04 Apr, 2004: Got married

05 Apr, 2004: I-130 Sent to CSC

13 Apr, 2004: I-130 NOA 1

19 Apr, 2004: I-129F Sent to MSC

29 Apr, 2004: I-129F NOA 1

13 Aug, 2004: I-130 Approved by CSC

28 Dec, 2004: I-130 Case Complete at NVC

18 Jan, 2005: Got the visa approved in Caracas

22 Jan, 2005: Flew home together! CCS->MIA->SFO

25 May, 2005: I-129F finally approved! We won't pursue it.

8 June, 2006: Our baby girl is born!

24 Oct, 2006: Window for filing I-751 opens

25 Oct, 2006: I-751 mailed to CSC

18 Nov, 2006: I-751 NOA1 received from CSC

30 Nov, 2006: I-751 Biometrics taken

05 Apr, 2007: I-751 approved, card production ordered

23 Jan, 2008: N-400 sent to CSC via certified mail

19 Feb, 2008: N-400 Biometrics taken

27 Mar, 2008: Naturalization interview notice received (NOA2 for N-400)

30 May, 2008: Naturalization interview, passed the test!

17 June, 2008: Naturalization oath notice mailed

15 July, 2008: Naturalization oath ceremony!

16 July, 2008: Registered to vote and applied for US passport

26 July, 2008: US Passport arrived.

Timeline

why 2 year old?? are they better?? ( sorry i dont know too much about cars :) )