E&G

i-864 Annual income (weekly salary) + Address [merged threads]

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

So I was unemployed until recently, but now got a job (it doesn't quite hit the requirements, but we have savings much more than x3 the difference)

Should I get my employer to write me a letter confirming my position/salary? And what other stuff should she/he put in the letter?

Also, what is included in the Cover Letter?

Timeline
10 hours ago, Verrou said:

employer verification letter usually contained name, job position, and annual income you make for that year

cover letter is not really mandatory, usually just explaining what evidences you include on the form

Should I get them to write a letter that I will be at this job for a while, and that I am a reliable worker etc etc? 

at least 3 months minimum worth of paystubs, most people even go for 6 months worth of paystubs.

and u cant do anything about ur job. u just got a job a month ago, nothing u can do about the past, all u can do is to get more evidence from now onwards

Timeline

Hey guys,

I have a couple of questions.

If my job pays hourly (retail) and I get paid weekly, how do I calculate my annual income? Do I just take my latest paystub x 4 x 12? or take the biggest x 4 x 12? Do I need a letter from my manager estimating my annual income? HR says they don't do that.

Also, if I need the additional information page to put my previous addresses and jobs. My question is, what do I put for the item number? Because there are multiple item numbers and if I put for example, 13.a - 13.i, those numbers already exist on the form.

image.png.3516462d45b51a90d5b7ccb6f7063dc5.png.0df71bfd7079d13101e650f8f47149ea.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
5 minutes ago, E&G said:

If my job pays hourly (retail) and I get paid weekly, how do I calculate my annual income?

Current annual income in your case is the amount of gross income you expect to earn in the next 52 weeks. 

So number of hours you expect to work in the next 52 weeks multiplied by your hourly wage. Use your previous pay stubs to support your prediction.

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Current annual income in your case is the amount of gross income you expect to earn in the next 52 weeks. 

So number of hours you expect to work in the next 52 weeks multiplied by your hourly wage. Use your previous pay stubs to support your prediction.

I basically have 3 viable paystubs right now.

My first week I worked very low hours because I wasn't allowed to work full shifts.

Should I take the average of 3? or just use the latest one?

Also, do you have any idea on how to do the extra information section I put in the OP?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, E&G said:

Should I take the average of 3? or just use the latest one?

Does the latest one represent your prediction of what you will earn in an average week?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, E&G said:

Also, do you have any idea on how to do the extra information section I put in the OP?

1 hour ago, E&G said:

My question is, what do I put for the item number? Because there are multiple item numbers and if I put for example, 13.a - 13.i, those numbers already exist on the form.

Reuse item numbers 17 to 20 in the additional info section

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Does the latest one represent your prediction of what you will earn in an average week?

I believe so yes, now that I'm taking as many hours as I can.

9 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Reuse item numbers 17 to 20 in the additional info section

Not sure I quite understand

Timeline
12 minutes ago, E&G said:

Not sure I quite understand

I believe we arw discussing I-130, correct?

The problem, as you noted, is that employer 1 uses numbers 13-16 employer 2 uses numbers 17-20.

Logically the additional info section would have  employer 3 use numbers 21-24. But numbers 21-24 are alresdy something else.

So what i would do in the addition info section is:

3.a - page 2

3.b - part 1

3.c - employer 3 17-20

3.d - everything pertinent for employer 3  that you would have put into 17-20 if you could

Did you try the online I-130?

• Chancy changed the title to i-864 Annual income (weekly salary) + Address [merged threads]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.