Eric MC

I-130 approved since 2015

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Family said:

Typo. Meant @Misscloud (.?).someone please tag her

Tagging @Verrou.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Eric MC said:

Thank you very much to everyone who responded. You guys gave me good options to take. Now I know if I needed a lawyer or not.

@Eric MC where’s the removal proceeding case admin closed ? Is it in the same city where u lived now ? If it’s not in the same city ( as many people moved sometimes ) you really got some home work to do. 

1. I’m not sure who’s who. Whoever in removal proceeding ( probably you) need to have I-130 approved ( don’t care from US parents or US son/daughter ) 

2. with that I-130 approved, hire a local immigration lawyer that’s in the immigration court everyday and know everybody from OPLA to the judge. U need to motion to reopen and terminate ( in a single motion) ur removal proceeding. it can be 

a. Joint motion with ICE and if they ignored your motion, then ask the same lawyer to 

b. File directly to the court / judge 

3. when removal proceeding terminated, you can file I-485 with USCIS

dont do it yourself, it’s a lot of work and study and research, unless you have 5 years experience in navigate removal proceeding like me ( I still don’t know a lot of things)  pls get a lawyer 

how to get a good immigration lawyer ? You can reach out to local immigration clinic for list of lawyers, google AILA for lawyers in ur area or whatever ur removal proceeding case is. ask around, call around. I called 70 lawyers last year within 2 months to narrow top 3 lawyer that I want to pick. Make sure that lawyer is local deportation lawyer where ur removal proceeding case should be. 

remember the most important thing is to terminate your removal proceeding. USCIS is like what little lamb (piece of cake)  compare to court. U want to get out from the court. Better do it now before change of administration again 

@Family I changed my handle few months ago. @Mike E can’t keep up with my name changing (he said ) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.